The Apple/Android/Blackberry apps thread

black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if a thread was made for this already, but here's a thread where we recommend apps that will help out tablet/phone needs. So drop some apps you think are great.

Here's an app for Android called Groove IP. It lets you make phone calls for free in the U.S. and Canada. There's a lite version and a pay version. Here's a lin to get the pay version for free:

http://www.filedwon.com/9uhlis56wjo6/groove-ip-1-3-4.apk.html

Let's make this thread happen.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Android, check out any of the Go Development products. They pretty much do everything and the cool thing about their products is that there are tons of customization themes. So every thing on your phone can be personalized to the 10th degree. Right now I use:

Go Launcher Ex - the main overlay that allows you to customize your home screen an ties everything together
    Go SMS - good message program, actually lets you create your own themes and has a built in chat function
    Go Keyboard - self explanatory, has a lot of good themes and options
    Go Contacts Ex - lets you customize your contacts and phone dialer set up.
    Go Switch - customizable switch widget that let's you place toggles for various things e.g., bluetooth, wireless, etc...
    Go Power Saver - a battery management app, has a lot of useful options, has a free and paid version
    Go Google Search - same a stock google search widget but let's you apply themes

The also have a lock screen app and weather app, but I don't use them. I will say if you have an older phone you might want to steer clear. These things can slow the phone down if your specs are on the lighter side. I see no affect from having them on my DNA or my wife's Note 2 though.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    pv star

lets you listen to youtube vids while the phone is "sleep"

great for listening to music, interviews, and lectures on youtube

NOTE: exit out of app when ur done. preloading can eat your battery on long vids that you dont plan on watching in the near future. to exit press the play button in the upper right hand corner of pv star home screen. tap "exit" option.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie Tube (Android)

easy way to discover free full-length movies on youtube

can't search by title yet but you can browse by language and category

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkcAtw-EHE

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Print hand for android let's you print documents from your phone/tablet. Google search to get the premium version for free.