Doyouwanttogotoheaven and ALL G&S IC couples who go to church, I'M CALLIN Y'ALL OUT!!!

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Actually no I'm not. I do wanna address something tho, and would like to get the G&S couples opinions on this. I name dropped Doyouwanttogotoheaven, mainly b/c the brotha is pretty much the IC's unofficial Reverend. Lol! So I know he's gonna drop some biblical knowledge on the subject.

What are your thoughts about couples attending the same, or separate churches (or other places of worship)? Should a married couple go out together, and search for one that they can BOTH attend? What if your s/o refuses to visit your church? Instead, they want you to "consent," leave your home church, and join theirs? What would be your reaction?

Is there a right or wrong on this issue when it comes to where a couple should worship? How do/did you go about makin a decision like this in a relationship? How important is it for both parties to come to some kinda of compromise, when leaving a church you grew up in?

Share you opinions, and expertise.

Comments

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone feels their church is better/that's the church they grew up in. Its easier to find a neutral church to attend. and go to your home churches on occasion this will eliminate slot of petty drama
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the bible the man is the head of the household and he is assumed authority over his wife once they are married. The wife is supposed to be submissive so to her husband and follow his lead. If this model was followed then there would b no problem....BUT....lets face it. Women of today DON'T wanna submit because many see it as a sign of weakness. So basically wat u will find is that the man will worship at his church of preference nd the wife will do the same...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    Everyone feels their church is better/that's the church they grew up in. Its easier to find a neutral church to attend. and go to your home churches on occasion this will eliminate slot of petty drama

This is exactly how I feel about it. This chick I was seeing didn't feel that way. According to her, the guy she's dating was "required" to only attend her church. But refused to attend mines. That's how I got the idea for this thread.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    According to the bible the man is the head of the household and he is assumed authority over his wife once they are married. The wife is supposed to be submissive so to her husband and follow his lead. If this model was followed then there would b no problem....BUT....lets face it. Women of today DON'T wanna submit because many see it as a sign of weakness. So basically wat u will find is that the man will worship at his church of preference nd the wife will do the same...

Powerful posting b/c of its troofness
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i dont believe that being equally yoked within the same religion is necessary, but being equally yoked in their own religious right or mental capacity is a good stepping stone for progress in relationships. Im not even sure if I like the idea of church all together. In high school i tried church with a chick i was dating, got baptised there and everything. i didnt like it, nor did I like the idea of attending a church where he uncle was the pastor. albeit he was very wise in and outside of religion, it was uncomfortable knowing Im doin all these things to his neice, but we up in church like we aint comittin sin every night.

right now, im married and my wife and I have nearly the same religious beliefs. she grew up muslim and i grew up i dont know what the ? , but it had something to do with white jesus and lord and saviors and ? like that. We pray, but we agree that we're praying to a higher power, not a figure. We dont attend church, we dont like people, and Kerney Thomas is pretty much all we need to get by.....on laughs.

^remember the titans.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELL ITS LIKE THIS... A COUPLE SHOULD BE GOING TO THE SAME CHURCH. YALL ARE GONE HAVE TO FIND A CHURCH THAT SUITS BOTH OF YALL NEEDS or YALL CAN SWITCH SUNDAYS BETWEEN EACH OTHERS CHURCH IF ITS THAT SERIOUS.

THE CHURCH I GO TO NOW, MY WIFE PUT ME ON.. AT 1ST I DIDNT CARE FOR IT, BUT IT GREW ON ME.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the best option would be to find a church that suits you as a couple. Just cause you grew up in a church doesn't make it the best fit for you as an adult married person.

We don't go to church though...I think he had one of those extra religous "let go and let ? " type families so I think he's turned off to the whole church thing because of it.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    going to r & r

haha you might as well just lock it
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether.

This ain't even an R&R, and yo ? still getting booted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is also why marriage fail...some ladies dont know how to play their position but want to be all in the bible an preaching every second. you can use the bible when its beneficial to you. but i guess most people do.

i know a couple who broke up because she was always trying to get her man to go to church...be he always clowned her for her beliefs because she was cussing people out an having nasty pre-marital sex yet wanna claim to walk the straight an narrow. so she left him for him calling her out on her hypocrisy. we are still human but i think certain things needs to be looked at.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    This ? given me the Amo treatment. Black azzz fat bastard. Lol
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

this is also why marriage fail...some ladies dont know how to play their position but want to be all in the bible an preaching every second. you can use the bible when its beneficial to you. but i guess most people do.

i know a couple who broke up because she was always trying to get her man to go to church...be he always clowned her for her beliefs because she was cussing people out an having nasty pre-marital sex yet wanna claim to walk the straight an narrow. so she left him for him calling her out on her hypocrisy. we are still human but i think certain things needs to be looked at.

Yeah those are the types you usually come across tho.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thread though, it's a shame ? too lazy to come to the social lounge....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Man whateva Du. I posted it G&S for a reason. This more of a relationship type thread man.

Smh.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think that it's important for a couple to agree on where to worship, if they so choose. my s/o and i attend the same church, bt only after some coercing. he wasn't really a church-goer, bt i was. and i felt like ? actually strengthened our relationship because as a woman/wife, i'm accountable to my husband, bt men are accountable to ? . and that's what i wanted to show him. but i do enjoy going to church and fellowshipping with other members, bt i am willing to find a 'neutral' church home tho.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    i think that it's important for a couple to agree on where to worship, if they so choose. my s/o and i attend the same church, bt only after some coercing. he wasn't really a church-goer, bt i was. and i felt like ? actually strengthened our relationship because as a woman/wife, i'm accountable to my husband, bt men are accountable to ? . and that's what i wanted to show him. but i do enjoy going to church and fellowshipping with other members, bt i am willing to find a 'neutral' church home tho.

This is exactly how things kind went wit the chick I was seeing. Only instead of "coercing" she wanted me to consent. Tellin way I could see her if I attended HER church only. I have a problem with that. Especially when you said you're not gonna return the favor and visit mines.

That's not fair imo.