Too Much Offense?

RawAce
RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
I jus watched a Michael Elgin vs Davie Richards match

Elgin was killin Richards with a plethora of moves and Richards jus kept kickin out.

At some point I would think that jus defies logic/match integrity

There are moves in the wrestling world that most would consider sure shot finishers.
Moves like the Tombstone Piledriver. Moves like the Death Valley Driver.
So when these moves are hit multiple times and otta different variations in one match, doesnt that jus cheapen the match?

Especially when u have a guy that is a 245 lb powerhouse delivering them to a guy about 200 lbs?

Its jus too much man.
The end of the match had Elgin finish Richards with a superplex that flowed into another superplex,followed by a twisting senton, followed by a powerbomb into the turnbuckle followed by a spinning sitout powerbomb.

Thats like playing a game of WWE 13 and starting out with 5 finishers stored.

When is enough enough?

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and me both potna. There's a way to make the match look cool without over the top finishers and no-selling.

Wrestlemania VII Warrior vs Savage....man was that some ? or what? Savage lands half-a-dozen flying elbow drops and Warrior STILL wins? The ? ?! Its a great match but that ruined it for me. Warrior could have kicked out of one flying elbow drop and the effect would have been the same but 5-6? That's just burial.

Kicking out of finishes add a bit of excitement but you need to be selective of who is kicking out of finishers and how many of them they are kicking out of.

ECW (and to a lesser extent TNA) are the most egregious with the over the top match closings. I literally have seen people smashed in the head with 12 chairs, powerbombed through tables on the floor and lose to a simple DDT. That ? always just makes me shake my head.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    He was trying to end his career. And he knew the warrior would kick out. So hitting five elbows made perfect sense. even that didn't work. But it was a great way to set up for the dramatic ending.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, i can remember seeing ecw and indies matches going a lil too far in that department, back then i was a lil younger and in love with all the high spots tho, but now i kinda see why wwe has a certain "style"
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Was Cena vs Punk last night "too much offense" for you? i personally loved it...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Was Cena vs Punk last night "too much offense" for you? i personally loved it...

just perfect for me, wwe usually brings the right level of excitement and drama when they do the multiple finishers