I hate to say this but Is Spike Lee's Career almost over???

Options
124»

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is my word...charlie is just one ? fake ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spike Lee does not bump in the whip. It's time for him to wrap it up.
  • Entangled_Semanticz
    Entangled_Semanticz Members Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's wait until his next movie to decide
    TheIraq wrote: »
    After Bambozzled which came out in 2000, the only Spike Lee movie I've heard of is Miracle at St Anna..... Does he have anything out between Bambozzled and Miracle at St Anna?

Nah just like one of the best movies of 2002 and 2006:

51ygUaoI-5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

25poster.jpg

And Miracle was a good movie IMO, Haven't seen Red Hook Summer but trailer makes it look pretty good but the rating is low though

• Entangled_Semanticz
    Options
    Also Spike Lee and Tarrantino has had beef for more than 15 years, but yeah it's a little silly complaining about Django when he admitted to never seeing it.
  • Entangled_Semanticz
    Options
    I just looked at what Spike got in store, next up is a american remake of the korean movie OLDBOY starring Samuel L Jackson and Josh Brolin, you know that's gonna be good
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    From what i understand funding doesnt have to come from hollywood. Anyone wealthy (regardless of race or color) can agree to give you whatever, right?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Spike is the only one that's been showing black community movies that are to be taken seriously. That is his element. He's extended it alot lately to turn more with hollywood themes, but he's filled a niche nobody else does.
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    When spike does a movie people look. It's just we ain't gonna run to everything he does. Some of his movies put you in a mood you might be in or might not be in, and one thing you definitely gonna have to think. Inside Man or Malcolm X. Two movies he didn't write but Do the Right Thing, He Got Game, Mo Better Blues, Bamboozled are good movies he did write.
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    Damn, for a man who has to almost produce everything out his own wallet without making people laugh and touching on subject matter that many don't want to see on the big screen is pretty damn good. I can't say he's washed up yet. He's always been in and out, but the fact that he's in the game this long and in his 50's is enough. Just think about a music star starting at 20 and still selling movies at 50.
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    Would you say he's washed up? The longevity of his career kind of makes it so a man of that stature can't be washed up.
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    That's like saying Prince is washed up because he don't sell platinum cd's, yet all his concerts around the world sell out stadiums in a matter of 2 hours of radios announcing they're on sale.Spike's does what he wants at his age now. His name is historical and carry's too much media pull to see him as washed up
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    I get the point though. Maybe he is and nobody cares about him. We'll see
  • luke1733
    Options
    No
    didn't watch that red hook summer
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Man who the ? are u and wtf are u doin!?!?!?!?

Stop posting so much
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^he speaking real ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did that ? have an entire conversation with him self?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Entangled_Semanticz you forgot She hate me.
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spike Lee is always critical of other writers and directors in Hollywood (Tyler Perry, Quentin Tarentino)... Has he ever given any Hollywood director (or any person involved in film) props?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ^because weak muthafuckas don't deserve to breathe how many ? down to ride for lee yay! yay!^
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    So let me understand you correctly. Spike Lee's career is winding down in your eyes because he doesn't have big budget films or the support like Quentin Taratino has?

No its winding down cuz he fell off and he seems to be more famous for being an NBA fan now. Don't hit me with that "? " ? when I was raised on this man's masterpieces. At one point, he was like, The Greatest Director Alive. Straight up. Now...? Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all. And his bodyguard had a better Oochie Wally verse lol - Ernest Dickerson's Never Die Alone was a classic that came out the same year as that She Hate Me trash.
    Just tell me, what made Django such a ? good movie? Senseless violence?

Yes.
    The cinematography?

Yes.
    The writing?

Yes.
    ? killing white folks?

*? * yes.
    Just what is it that got you ? twirling around like ? school girls with your chris brown Right On posters?

Did you listen to ? Gregory or is ? Gregory a house ? now?

12 times.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    So let me understand you correctly. Spike Lee's career is winding down in your eyes because he doesn't have big budget films or the support like Quentin Taratino has?

No its winding down cuz he fell off and he seems to be more famous for being an NBA fan now. Don't hit me with that "? " ? when I was raised on this man's masterpieces. At one point, he was like, The Greatest Director Alive. Straight up. Now...? Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all. And his bodyguard had a better Oochie Wally verse lol - Ernest Dickerson's Never Die Alone was a classic that came out the same year as that She Hate Me trash.
    Just tell me, what made Django such a ? good movie? Senseless violence?

Yes.
    The cinematography?

Yes.
    The writing?

Yes.
    ? killing white folks?

*? * yes.
    Just what is it that got you ? twirling around like ? school girls with your chris brown Right On posters?

Did you listen to ? Gregory or is ? Gregory a house ? now?

12 times.

This post by post ? ...I guess you need to do some ? like that ? with the Doc. Funny though, it doesn't work...

Does it take a Ph.D to figure out that I disagreed with DG? It might be an achievement in your case. Does it take a masters to understand that because DG has an opinion, like Spike, he isn't a house ? ? You one dimensional ? I run into too much on the IC. I find myself posting a post to explain my previous post.

It's quite simple, my argument. ? shouldn't be ? on Spike and glorifying QT at the same time. But you ? are used to talking ? on your peoples and then giving him props when he swerves around the corner, smiling in his face.