IS THERE A SUCH THING AS PRIVACY WHEN IT COMES TO KIDS?

Options
MARIO_DRO
MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
MOST OF US DONT HAVE KIDS OF AGE JUST YET, BUT WHEN THAT TIME COMES, WILL YOU GIVE THEM PRIVACY?

YA KNOW, LETTING THEM CLOSE THEIR BEDROOM DOOR, YOU NOT SEARCHING THROUGH THEIR STUFF, YOU NOT CHECKING THIER FB, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM?

WOULD YOU EVEN GO SO FAR TO PUT A KEY LOGGER ON THEIR COMPUTER TO BE ABLE TO LOGIN TO THEIR INFO AND VISITED SITES?

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? not sure just yet my daughter is 10 and so far she not even interested in facebook or ? like that but it's coming. only place she like to visit is bearville and them over priced ass build a bears

but everybody needs some privacy to a certain extent and at some point you have to trust your child they not gonna be up under you forever just gotta give them that knowledge and hope they make the right choices based on how they want their lives to go.

my grans parents never searched thorugh my stuff or cared if i closed my door or whatever

i probably wold lurk her internet ? ut her moms would be on top of that ?
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    theyll have all the privacy/trust i did growing up

mistrusting ur kids takes too much energy
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no, they live in my house then ima bust down the door to their whenever I feel like it.

Now with that said, would I look through their stuff, go through their room, computer, facebooks and all that? Nope. Only if I feel the need too, and if I do feel the need too, then I wouldn't have any problems doing it.

Aint no "dad get the ? out this is my room" type of ? that happens in white families gonna happen to me. Word up.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They can close their door, they're 8 and under, it's no big deal and it will never be.

Going through their stuff, I do this weekly. Not to just be nosey, but to keep them reminded they need to clean out the junk from their drawers, backpacks etc

Tracking their computer sites, definitely. I'd even do cell phone tracking without their knowledge, too many times as a kid I lied about going places I wasn't.

They can have privacy but it does need to be somewhat monitored.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course, when they move out and pay their own bills.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't stand a sneaky ? .. so y give them any reason to be sneaky?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man please..no.

I'll make it known to her though. I wouldn't just go snooping and then present them with any evidence..my parents used to do that ? . My stomach would drop to my knees when I'd walk in their room and see all my forbidden paraphenelia lined up on the bed..lmao.

She's going to know I will be accessing any accounts, checking cell phone activity..without notice.

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    aint gon be no closed doors in my house...
    There will be no doors to their rooms and the windows nailed shut.
    As much as I use to sneak through windows, shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10 and under...? no.

11-13....start trying it out.

14 - 18...being realistic, yeah. But I'm still going to pry to make sure they ain't on no dumb ? .