Sen. Marco Rubio says Lil Wayne is no Tupac

sully
sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
It took him 2 weeks, but Senator Marco Rubio finally delivered a smooth, eloquent GOP response -- to Lil Wayne calling himself the new Tupac.

Sen. Rubio -- a self-professed hip-hop superfan -- was at Reagan National Airport when he shot down Weezy recently making the bold claim ... "I ain't 2Pac, I'm the new 'Pac."

Totally off the cuff, Sen. Rubio told us, "Tupac lived in a different time. These guys have some message in what they're saying, but I think they're largely entertainers."

He added, "I think Tupac was more someone who was trying to inform us about what was going on, and he did it through entertainment."

The Senator also talked Wu-Tang Clan and Dave Chappelle ... it's pretty cool ... for a politician.

Oh, and he said it all without a single sip of water.

FUN FACT: Rubio's fave rap songs of all-time are NWA's "Straight Outta Compton" ... Eminem's "Lose Yourself," and 'Pac's "Killuminati."

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thawt this was about him dissing miami..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he gonna make a strong run to be the next president
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh, that guy likes Eminem?

INB4 that group.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    The tools we use to market ourselves to the "urban youth" 101..lol. *whistles*
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, no ? ...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Not happening though. That's just how stupid the Republicans are, they think just sending a Latino guy out there is fixing the problem they have (immigration laws and changing demographics). The Republican Party need to change their platform, that old cater to white middle class/ and religious zealots ? is played out, the country as changed.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

if he gets that latino vote he will be a problem but ? both democrats and republicans they both gon be trina put a minority or female face to to the corrupt politics they practice.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Uh oh, that guy likes Eminem?

INB4 that group.
    not a Eminem fan in the least but that is a decent joint homie named I cannot hate on it...

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

if he gets that latino vote he will be a problem but ? both democrats and republicans they both gon be trina put a minority or female face to to the corrupt politics they practice.

Latinos won't just blindly vote him just cause he's Latino lol. I would know, I am one. He'll get the Cuban vote on lock on principle just off the fact that he's Cuban and Republican.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubio will be president once the GOP understands that the Presidency is more about Pop culture than policy.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Marco Rubio can make out the Republican primary against all of those white men then he has a good chance to win in the general election.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Latinos won't just blindly vote him just cause he's Latino lol. I would know, I am one. He'll get the Cuban vote on lock on principle just off the fact that he's Cuban and Republican.

I dunno granted im not latino im black lol but bush got hella latinos to vote for him over democrats in his election due to how he did in the latino tv debates. Also cause jeb was smashing a latino. As long as hes not as far right as herman cain i think its possible. I guess maybe they won't do it blindly but with the correct marketing he could take allot of the latino vote back compaired to 2012.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubio will be president once the GOP understands that the Presidency is more about Pop culture than policy.
    true ? ...
    "If Colin Powell was president, I'd follow him. I wanna get into politics. That's the way for us to overcome a lot of our obstacles." - -- Tupac Shakur
    Not surprised Pac getting a GOP cosign as he in turn Cosigned GOP Defector Colin Powel who subscribes to a Pre-Southern Strategy GOP mentality on politics...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Not happening though. That's just how stupid the Republicans are, they think just sending a Latino guy out there is fixing the problem they have (immigration laws and changing demographics). The Republican Party need to change their platform, that old cater to white middle class/ and religious zealots ? is played out, the country as changed.

yea pretty much....just gonna slide a Latino out there and pray they just vote for him just b/c. I don't think many republicans think that minorities are aware of issues. Like you say things have changed and they haven't realized it yet. that's why they are even alienated folks in their own party. And when all else fails they gonna run another Bush up there
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with his opinion
    Funny.
    Had he been a Senator when Pac was alive.
    he'd probably would be one of those, attempting to ban him; Ala the Dan Quale, Bush, Clinton, Delores.

Makes u think, how many of those politicians were fans ,of the rappers they were trying to ban?
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Marco Rubio is no Chris Christie..
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about his politics but he sure know his hip hop lol