College Dropout vs Late Registration.. which album is the better album?..

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Wooow LR runnin away with this??

I look at it like this:

Skippable/Average songs

Dropout- Workout Plan, Breath In
    Late Reg- Roses, Gone

Classic songs

Dropout-Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Slow Jamz, Thru the Wire, Family Business, Last Call
    Late Reg: We Major, Hey Mamma, Late, maybe Addiction, maybe Bring me Down

Dropout>Late Reg

gone and roses are skippable to you? ...those are two of the best damn songs on the album ...his last verse on gone>> ...you gotta be lacing your blunts to say that bruh

We talkin classic material, not just good songs. Imo the beat on Roses is ass. I mean should i be dancin or mourning. Lol But i undrstand thats subjective. But as far as classic songs, i want to hear how my breakdown ain't accurate. Dropout has way more classic songs.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    Wat? Yall on dope CD is one of the best albums music wise spirtual wise the man touches ya soul by revealing his a personal piece of art seen through out the culmination of the. Black American experience final seeing a false post racial america late reg was none of that it was. A vanity piece
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    You voted LR but thats a Dropout song fam Lol

I know . .

Those lyrics play in my head all the time

Its also poignant as its the first song on 'Ye's first album . .
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    College dropout had jay-z and kanye west going back and forth on "Never let me down".
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    Late registration......no college dropout...........no dammit *listens to we major* yea...late registration can't go wrong with either though
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    late registration is just a perfect hip hop album...includes some underrated songs that would be singles for some new ? now a days like Addiction(dope!!!) and celebration( just brings a smile thinking about it)
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    Love both albums. One thing I will say though.. that track wit Brandy was VERY UNDERWHELMING. Ye should've threw a second verse on there.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    Love both albums. One thing I will say though.. that track wit Brandy was VERY UNDERWHELMING. Ye should've threw a second verse on there.

most forgettable track on the album tbh but Ye laced that ? ..."always be haters, thats the way it is, hater ? marry hater ? and have hater kids">>>

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    Wooow LR runnin away with this??

I look at it like this:

Skippable/Average songs

Dropout- Workout Plan, Breath In
    Late Reg- Roses, Gone

Classic songs

Dropout-Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Slow Jamz, Thru the Wire, Family Business, Last Call
    Late Reg: We Major, Hey Mamma, Late, maybe Addiction, maybe Bring me Down

Dropout>Late Reg

gone and roses are skippable to you? ...those are two of the best damn songs on the album ...his last verse on gone>> ...you gotta be lacing your blunts to say that bruh

We talkin classic material, not just good songs. Imo the beat on Roses is ass. I mean should i be dancin or mourning. Lol But i undrstand thats subjective. But as far as classic songs, i want to hear how my breakdown ain't accurate. Dropout has way more classic songs.

Bruh ...

Heard Em Say
    Gold Digger
    ? Music
    Touch The Sky
    Hey Mama
    We Major
    Diamonds

are all classic staples in Kanye's catalogue .... this are beyond just good songs ... you couple that with the sonic cohesion he stressed on this record by having John Brion essentially score the whole album and you get a piece of work that is just a more matured aged & refined presentation than your getting on CD ... no disrespect to CD at all but Kanye progressed his sound with LR bruh.... then you want to talk about lyrics? ...? ..his verses on "Gone" "Heard Em Say" "? Music" "Diamonds(Original)" last verse ... i mean ...i really dont see how you can say he was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better on CD at all
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknaBceo0Vc

College Dropout is a hands down classic, but Late Registration is one of the greatest albums ever made.......
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    this is the album that made me a kanye fan. this album literally stayed in my cd player my senior year in high school and the summer
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    this is the album that made me a kanye fan. this album literally stayed in my cd player my senior year in high school and the summer

One of my homies played me Dropout before I was a fan and never let me down was what I gravitated to but like you Late Registration made me a fan. Serious unbiased question, how many rappers can boast that every album or at least almost every album in their Catologue boasts a classic song?

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    College Dropout for me, Registration my bootleg was ? up so i didnt get the full experience. I bought the real CD
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.

One of my homies played me Dropout before I was a fan and never let me down was what I gravitated to but like you Late Registration made me a fan. Serious unbiased question, how many rappers can boast that every album or at least almost every album in their Catologue boasts a classic song?

same with me my friend played me college dropout when it came out. spaceship was my favorite but when late registration came out he made me that album and it was probably one of the best things I heard at the time
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    Late Registration has more replay value if you ask me.....
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    I feel like CD was overall more consistent than LR.

but LR's best songs were better than CD's best songs. on the other hand, CD's worst songs were better than LR's worst songs.

Still can't decide.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    College Dropout....
    LR was disappointing to me, especially with the overuse of jazz samples....
  • DarthRozay
    College Dropout.
    Yamoley wrote: »
    College Dropout....
    jazz? where the hell do you hear jazz samples?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    LR is better by a lil bit....

But 808s>>>>>>>>>both
  • DarthRozay
    College Dropout.
    blu197 wrote: »

But 808s>>>>>>>>>both
    what the ? are you smokin on?

pass that ?

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    bout to listen rightnow
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    blu197 wrote: »

But 808s>>>>>>>>>both
    what the ? are you smokin on?

pass that ?

Musically 808s is better then both bruh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late Registration.
    Yamoley wrote: »
    College Dropout....
    jazz? where the hell do you hear jazz samples?

yeah i think thats why he used all of the live instrumentation on that one... he said something like midnight marauders is his favorite album of all time and he listened and listened to it and wanted to make a record that had a simular vibe in LR
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College Dropout.
    I feel like CD was overall more consistent than LR.

but LR's best songs were better than CD's best songs. on the other hand, CD's worst songs were better than LR's worst songs.

Still can't decide.

This led me to pick CD