Universal Records to release Biggie and Jay-Z's music on cassette tapes for jailed inmates

Options
sully
sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sources say that based on a deal that Universal Records has struck with Sendapackage.com (on online company that allows friends and family members to purchase care packages for their loved ones that are incarcerated in the state of New York). This deal has Universal Records creating cassette tapes of popular old and new tunes. The word is that there will be tapes of Jay-Z’s music and B.I.G.’s. This is a deal that will allow inmates to have access to music of all sorts, because the “music players” that they have access to are cassette players or radios.

Sendapackage, also spoke with L.O.X member and underground dominator, Jadakiss concerning the deal.
“Big shout out to Universal for that [deal with Sendapackage.com], and definitely a big shout out to all the correctional facilities,” Jada said. “That’s one of my biggest markets. I make a lot of music for the inmates, so it’s beautiful that they’re able to get it on cassette and really absorb and listen to it…I’m sending packages [to inmates] all the time. Sometimes it’s difficult ‘? they send third parties to get the money, and sometimes you get up in jail and some things can’t get accepted, this and that – there’s always a lot of discrepancies…Sendapackage makes everything much easier.”

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully the young'ns getting locked up will listen to some good hip hop whilst doing their jail time, instead of listening to lil wayne and wacka, thats schitt will only be making them even more ignorant...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these tapes prolly gonna end up being collectable to lol
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhh okaaaay..yeah jail ? listening to ? tales has to be good.

I dont think hip-hop is what they should be concerned with when they locked up. That shold be their least worries.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

I dont think hip-hop is what they should be concerned with when they locked up. That shold be their least worries.

You must not have ever been locked up or know somebody that has been. It's not always like Hollywood makes it out to be.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant go wrong with biggie and jay but something about this doesn't seem right. ? ain't clicking. Feels sinister lol.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick ross gunna be passin' them tapes out?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

You must not have ever been locked up or know somebody that has been. It's not always like Hollywood makes it out to be.

When you realize who you just quoted, you'll interpret that post in a totally different way.
    Prison dudes ain't checkin 4 Wayne. Wayne's body is way too tight. Like his skin is too tight, which means all his muscles shows and he aint flexible. ? him would be like ? ol dude on Pulp Fiction.

But when you look at someone like Prince...uhm. Nice skin, light, feminine, wears heels with the ass out, skinny but still got curves and flesh on him.

Plus he look like he could do a split in a birthday suit with the finger in his mouth and the ? out smellin like potpurri. His skin is soft and nice for a man in his 50s so that means he takes ? on his face. So he's a freak.

So all the Wayne jokes ya'll got aint hittin licks.

What the ? jo... Scust
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you realize who you just quoted, you'll interpret that post in a totally different way.
    Prison dudes ain't checkin 4 Wayne. Wayne's body is way too tight. Like his skin is too tight, which means all his muscles shows and he aint flexible. ? him would be like ? ol dude on Pulp Fiction.

But when you look at someone like Prince...uhm. Nice skin, light, feminine, wears heels with the ass out, skinny but still got curves and flesh on him.

Plus he look like he could do a split in a birthday suit with the finger in his mouth and the ? out smellin like potpurri. His skin is soft and nice for a man in his 50s so that means he takes ? on his face. So he's a freak.

I threw up a lil n my mouth reading that..

How this ? is still allowed to post really perplexes me
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well it will fit perfectly into the agenda of keeping the repeat offender mindstate for the kats plus Biggie and the ? talk can help influence the other agenda of population control the feds and Universal both score wins at the sake the people again...
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well it will fit perfectly into the agenda of keeping the repeat offender mindstate for the kats plus Biggie and the ? talk can help influence the other agenda of population control the feds and Universal both score wins at the sake the people again...

Exactly. This business transaction is a useful tool for helping inmates remain ignorant and locked in the system.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think them listening to American Gangster might actually do them some good

10 ? Commandments, on the other hand.......
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they get some Pac, Goodie Mob and other socially conscious music. Otherwise this seems like a trap.
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they get some Pac, Goodie Mob and other socially conscious music. Otherwise this seems like a trap.

Imagine Chuck D. Or ICE Cube that'll b a revolution waiting to happen.

Biggie = a non watered down Wayne. Great rappers who ain't saying ? . Just like Rakim.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

*Inb4 ? goin back to jail for ? again becasue they followed 10 ? commandments.*
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what the hell??
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

what the hell??

? I missed all that the 1st time through...
  • wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Should start a program that sends positive music to inmates. See what happens
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    aye a ? better not drop dat tape player or he gon be sayin "oh ? !"

shout out to da pen doe "my last" is #2 on the death row giftpackage single charts according to my manager! i doooo it!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shout out to da pen doe "my last" is #2 on the death row giftpackage single charts according to my manager! i doooo it!

big sean cassette tapes (woah)
    big sean vhs sex tapes (hoe)
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Drawlz wrote: »

Imagine Chuck D. Or ICE Cube that'll b a revolution waiting to happen.

Biggie = a non watered down Wayne. Great rappers who ain't saying ? . Just like Rakim.

? .

SMH @ this ? ass shock post.
    Slit your wrists with a chainsaw and bleed to death.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should start a program that sends positive music to inmates. See what happens

Ima send them some Lupe. Plus a bonus tape of all his rants!
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

big sean cassette tapes (woah)
    big sean vhs sex tapes (hoe)

big sean cassete tapes, woah
    big sean sex tapes, hoe
    when you in jail yo ? be ? with me doe
    she let me touchdown, tim tebow
    i scored twice like a free throw
    im chasin dat wet ?
    i found dat ? like nemo