Kendrick Lamar Interview On Not Working on The Next Album, Joey Badass, State of Hip Hop

StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still seems real humble. From my experiences with releasing music (I barely have any) it's hard to stay humble when your vision comes together and you wanna say yeah I'm the ? so I commend K.dot on not rushing to the next project and instead living in the moment. Maybe if more artists give themselves a chance to reach people we'd see more balance.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see he's letting the album breathe. All that yearly release ? don't help artists put together well thought out material.
    Kendrick seem to really get it, I hate this new era where you're lazy if you don't release an album every 12 months.

• A.T.G
    A.T.G Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Look out for Detox.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Good to see he's letting the album breathe. All that yearly release ? don't help artists put together well thought out material.

I always said Jay dropping every summer was a gift & a curse for hiphop. Yeah we get great music from Jay every summer (when he did drop every summer) but then you get these wack ass cartoon characters he inspires thinking.. "oh, ok. I can do that too.."

So yeah I can appreciate what K. Dot is doing.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss Info is my boo and I don't even ? with asians like that.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this can work for Kendrick cause he's not releasing fast food music
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Most well known artists dont drop albums every year anyhow so i dont get the uproar or praise for doing what his peers do. He might do alot of features or drop a mixtape in between like most artists do.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stay humble and don't do a kanye lol
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    I still bump the ? out GKMC, so he can at least go on for another year. I think he might do the album w/ J. Cole B4 he do the sophomore album.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude is so humble. glad he aint tryin to put out another album just to capitalize on the wave...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Kendrick Lamar is a dude the next generation should aspire to be like, dope rhymer and very humble.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Kendrick seem to really get it, I hate this new era where you're lazy if you don't release an album every 12 months.

Nah, it was like that when Jay was running ? . Now, with Wayne contaminating the rap game, you gotta drop 5 mixtapes, an album, and a major tour every year until you pass out and get seizures. lol

K-Dot is doing the old school approach of his music so the fans will actually appreciate it and BUY his album anytime it drops. The excessive amount of free music devalues the craft and make people take your work for granted. Like Gucci Mane and his music.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    ^^ it's not even like that though that was just Wayne's work ethic at the time, and it was like 3 years between C2 & C3

A new artist at least can drop 1 mixtape and an album in a year, go on tour and keep their fans satisfied. (For example: ASAP rocky)

The only rapper I remember dropping an album every 4 months was plies like 3 years ago
    And curren$y between 2010 and now that ? has dropped 5 albums and countless mixtapes
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lookdude wrote: »
    ^^ it's not even like that though that was just Wayne's work ethic at the time, and it was like 3 years between C2 & C3

A new artist at least can drop 2 mix tapes and an album in a year, go on tour and keep their fans satisfied. (For example: ASAP rocky)

The only rapper I remember dropping an album every 4 months was plies like 3 years ago
    And curren$y between 2010 and now that ? has dropped 5 albums and countless mixtapes

during those 3 years between C2 and C3, He dropped "I'm not a Human Being" and "Young Money" compilation album on top of those mixtapes. He tours like mad all the ? time and hops on every damn artist's single. He is the definition of over saturation.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need Miss Info in my life...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Naw...He's actually the only artist so far who took Jay blueprint and ran wit it successfully...That's why they the only two artists mentioned in the thread other than Kendrick and Cole...He might not have sold as many records but his brand has skyrocketed...
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Stay humble and keep it up. I see a good thing might be happening for hip hop if everyone can do this
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »
    lookdude wrote: »

A new artist at least can drop 2 mix tapes and an album in a year, go on tour and keep their fans satisfied. (For example: ASAP rocky)

during those 3 years between C2 and C3, He dropped "I'm not a Human Being" and "Young Money" compilation album on top of those mixtapes. He tours like mad all the ? time and hops on every damn artist's single. He is the definition of over saturation.

Not saying he didn't over saturate the game and those projects u named were after the carter 3
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    He'll have an album out in the next year or so.

You'all believe anything and blindly praise it.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »

Nah, it was like that when Jay was running ? . Now, with Wayne contaminating the rap game, you gotta drop 5 mixtapes, an album, and a major tour every year until you pass out and get seizures. lol

K-Dot is doing the old school approach of his music so the fans will actually appreciate it and BUY his album anytime it drops. The excessive amount of free music devalues the craft and make people take your work for granted. Like Gucci Mane and his music.

I have been saying this to people for the last 5 years. The excuse you hear is that the you have to keep your name hot in the internet age. I disagree, it's about quality & not quanity. It's should be EP/LP's & not mixtapes.