For the hip-hop head 30 and up.....what's left for us?

Options
124»

Comments

• Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    ? that trey songz cd was the ?

fixed
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man. I STILL bump Confessions w/ or w/o the lady around. Been a maybe a couple joints since then....

Unpredictable-Jaime Foxx

The first Anthony Hamilton cd was tough too.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do R & B artist use live instruments anymore?
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Charity Starts At Home"

Start there with that album.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

during performances yea all da time..
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole, KRIT, Kendrick

ASAP rocky and Drake have their 'moments'
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pandora is ? incredible. brings me right back to my teens.
    its funny tho...
    the nas station rarely pays any jay z and if it does its 'reasonable doubt' jay z while the jay z station plays all of nas.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imma over 30 down south hip hop head. n only ? with Z-Ro, Face, Playa Fly, Outkast, Immortal Technique, UGK, Mr. Sche and Killer Mike. *shrugs*
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still in my 20"s barely lol.... but my ear has changed a lot over the years as it should. Artist like Krit, Cole, Kendrick and a few others are bringing back music with some substance on a major level. Krit is probably the closest the south has to the old guard ie ugk, Outkast, 8ball & MJG, goodie mob.....not saying he's of thier status in the game now, just saying he gives me that feeling when I listen to him.

I still ? with wayne a little and I like some Ross......I'm not one of these ? who act like everything they hear on the radio is trash.....I'm sorry I'm not trying to hear meaningful ? in the strip club or a regular club.....

also, thers nothing wrong with loving hiphop but expand your mind....listen to different ? for a change.....it's a big world out there....
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was really hype about Kendrick's album. I mess with some other cats from the new school like Wale, Cole, Fashawn. Lupe from a couple albums ago. Blu and Exile's first joint. Murs. I ? with Nipsey.

But much like with R&B it's been about discovering some of the older music that I may have missed out on. Starting with the greatest hits of folks like NWA, Brand Nubian, De la, Tribe and moving on from there.

Yeah I'm a have to cosign the R&B lameness though. I remember being in a nightclub and hearing that B****es and Liquor issh and being like the Miz ("Really? Really?"). But again, it's so much old stuff from the 50s-80s that it'd take you forever to find it all.

Besides, jazz, funk and old R&B is the source of those samples. I like some of the sample sources better than the rap. Shout out to Willie Hutch and Tom Brock etc.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no need to be pessimistic. what you have to look forward to is the unexpected. i'm from the sugar hill era and at that time I never imagined that there could be some of the ? that's out now. there'll be new technology and fresh creative minds. Some mufucka is gonna take these beats of today and do exactly what the pioneers did with James Brown's ? and it'll be crazy
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Didnt Jordan win his first title at 30? Ill wait.

He was 28
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pass Da peas like we used to do!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

during performances yea all da time..

Man I wish they would make the album with live instruments as well. Being a musician myself I can tell the difference in sound