Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime

12346»

Comments

• SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Shaq
    lol do you cats see the silly ? yall are saying

this cat thought he dropped major ether when he put Jordans 5.3 career assist to Kobes 4.7 implying that Kobe is a otherworldy ballhog for averagin .6 less assist per game... and Jordan averages roughly 3 more shot per game thank Kobe does at this point... instead of being irrational just leave it at... i just hate him..

So judging by what you just said MJ is a better distributor...AND since he's a better more efficient scorer than Kobe according to the numbers we can safely assume that MJ makes those 3 extra shots...hence MJ is a better/more dynamic offensive player than Kobe....

enjoy the self ether
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Kobe
    jordan is the goat clown but interesting extrapolation
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Shaq
    Shaq was unstoppable. Only fouls could hold him back. When he was hungry, he could do whatever he wanted on the court.

Iverson was unstoppable. They had to change the rules to slow him down. No one could match his speed/agility/endurance/heart
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Wilt
    How could this not be Wilt, though? If he'd been a Celtic, Chamberlain would've probably had more rings than Bill Russell. He didn't get the hardware his talent suggested, but let's not act like anytime a team can lock down FOUR OTHER PEOPLE rather than lock down a single man he isn't the most dominant force ever.

Put that in perspective of a fight: you can whoop four people at one time before you can land a punch on their leader. Everybody else's dominance is complimented by someone else except maybe Prime Kareem. Jordan had Scottie. Shaq had Kobe. Then Kobe had Lamar and Pau. Isaiah had Bad Boys. Hakeem had Glyde.

Did Wilt ever have a real number two before LA? (I honestly don't know.)
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Shaq
    Prime Shaq....Wasnt no stopping that dude!
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Wilt
    Everyone who says anything other than Wilt in terms of being DOMINANT is just flat out wrong.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Kobe
    I guess you can't blame Wilt for being ahead of his time.......something about players before the modern era irks me. Stats can misguide.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Prime Wilt
    Wilts best season was more "unstoppable" than mike's best season.

Wilt's recorded career numbers were more "unstoppable" than Mike's.

That's the thread. Not "who is a better player".
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Prime Jordan
    ? is making some good arguments for Wilt...
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Wilt
    cooning for MJ in this thread which facts clearly say WILT
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaq.

C'mon, man. Outside of Mike, this shouldn't even be close. 99-03 Shaq was the most dominant force to ever play in the NBA.

Honestly, ANYONE who votes Kobe is a certified troll. Stop bullshittin.

(and yes, I AM aware that I didn't vote for Prime Abdul-Jabbar. We talking about one point of a career, not an entire one.)

Stop it dun. Kobe is every bit as dominate as ANYONE this league has ever seen. You act like dude ain't score 81 points or like he didn't literally score more points than the opposing team on some occasions. Like Kobe wasn't dropping 50 points for 4 straight games or like he wasn't doing ? like hitting 12 3's in a single game, or straight dunking on centers every other play. Like he wasn't straight taking opponent's souls with game-winners and then giving them the "oh you thought you were going to win" look.

Prime Kobe was the definition of dominate. Dun would lock up your best wing player and drop 50 like it's nothing. Ask T-Mac, Vince, AI, Pierce, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen etc. how dominate Kobe was/is and they'll tell you. Kobe makes all the scorers of today look like role players.

? his dominance even bleeds into the new generation. Ask Westbrook, Melo, Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron, Rose, Durant what it is and they'll tell you. Kobe in his prime was the ULTIMATE NBA baller. Dude had everything from a 35-footer to a post game. He was clutch, he played defense, he had natural talent, and he worked his ass off. It doesn't get ANY better than that.

Chuuuuurrrrch.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Kobe
    '01-'09 Kobe though.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Kobe
    There was this kid named Kareem also never seen him play but one of the top 5 words youll hear about him is unstoppable
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Shaq
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I was at a Sonics vs. Lakers game Durant's rookie year where Kobe dropped 49 on his head.

same game he took 48 shots to get those 49 points or was dat a different game? lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Shaq
    damn some of those Wilt stats were insane a ? 40, 40 nd 40 game? lol da ? ? wit dis thread im goin by who i seen in their prime but those Wilt stats are impressive as hell even tho he had weak comp u cant argue him leadin da league in assist after heads called him a ball hog. Wilt, Jerry West, nd Oscar Robertson da only players from da 60's who i think could play now nd eat
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Prime Shaq
    This is a tough one, but only way to stop Prime Shaq was to put him on the line. And even then you running the risk of cutting your player availability down due to fouls.