Have you ever got to the point where you dont believe in love?

Options
Gucci da Cincere
Gucci da Cincere Members Posts: 164
edited April 2010 in The Powder Room
I know a couple girls that say they been thru so much they dont believe in love cause of their past relationships and either they start goin hard or just shut evry dude out there life not givin love and relationships a chance to ever happen again. Me personally i feel like you gotta take those chances in order to find the right one and those heart breaks even though they hurt make you a better person and allow you to appreciate the person you will end up in the future even more

Could you or have you ever said you dont believe in love or dont believe love is for you what happened that made you say that and do you still feel like that

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe in love, I just don't know if I'm capable of allowing myself to let go to the point where it can happen.
  • Gucci da Cincere
    edited April 2010
    Options
    why not how somebody hurt you that bad(assumin thats why) and why wont you allow yourself to get to that point
  • kat2180
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've been hurt but you just hear about so much ? and emotional pain people go through in the name of 'love'. It makes you wonder if it's even worth it.

That pain is the worst.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dont let know one have that power to change what you want.. it can hurt.. but the best thing is to know that hurt.. and not put someone through those same feelings you have.. ? tough.. but its out there
  • Gucci da Cincere
    edited April 2010
    Options
    exactly^^ and kat so what you gone do just go through life sayin you never lovin nobody ever again just grow old by yourself or with some old man who you like or you think when you get older youll have a different take on things
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe in love but I disagree with the assertion that it's more positive than negative. ALSO, it's a fact that love is not a "thing" but just another in a long line of chemical reactions in the brain that even some animals are known to have also.

Love is nothing more than an addiction to a certain stimulant. The same areas of the brain that are active when heroin is mentioned to a heroin addict is the same areas of the brain activated when a person "in love" hears the name of their loved one or sees the face of his/her loved one.

Love is nothing more than the evolutionary chemical reaction that evolved in humans and most mammals because if you feel close to a person and you feel like you "need" a person then you are more likely to be more sexually attracted tot hem and reproduce. Love is not some magical feeling from ? . It's more of a chemical reaction that developed over thousands of years to make animals protect their young (loved ones) and reproduce with their mate.
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^
    exactly there is no such thing as love
    relationships are just hard work you either roll up your sleeves and get prepared to do the hard work commitments require or just stay single. love is a fantasy. find someone you like to bone and doesn't irritate you to the point you want to ? them when they walk into a room 20 years down the road and you winning.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol FOH with your science for dummies explanation
  • kat2180
    edited April 2010
    Options
    exactly^^ and kat so what you gone do just go through life sayin you never lovin nobody ever again just grow old by yourself or with some old man who you like or you think when you get older youll have a different take on things

I don't know how I'm going to end up to be honest.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    with cats... :eek:
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^
    exactly there is no such thing as love
    relationships are just hard work you either roll up your sleeves and get prepared to do the hard work commitments require or just stay single. love is a fantasy. find someone you like to bone and doesn't irritate you to the point you want to ? them when they walk into a room 20 years down the road and you winning.
    What this young lady said...
    lol FOH with your science for dummies explanation

dont-be-jealous-black-t-shirt.jpg
  • Coelcuma
    Coelcuma Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Is hard to love some one now on this days... you give it all and the ? you over....