2»

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll ? is trippin. Didn't you see Total Recall? Obama's on the money.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Obama will be forgotten as soon as he leaves office since he hasn't done anything of substance to be remembered by.

Exactly how I feel. WTF has Obama really done to create change? Honestly, nothing, the healthcare bill hasn't made hospital bills lower for most people and I just see the same policies Bush had in place remain. We tortured to get Osama Bin Laden killed, so again, Obama hasn't done anything to create change. He hasn't impressed me much.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Big James wrote: »
    50 to 100 years from now Obama's name will be more known IMO.
    for what? Obama's notable claim to fame is, what, first black president?

• Big James
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    50 to 100 years from now Obama's name will be more known IMO.
    for what? Obama's notable claim to fame is, what, first black president?

The fact that he was the first black pres and that he was CIC over two Major Military Campaigns seal the deal for me.
  • janklow
    Options
    The fact that he was the first black pres and that he was CIC over two Major Military Campaigns seal the deal for me.
    first black president is going to be just a piece of trivia in the future. and commander of those campaigns is more of a "by default, since guys elected me during these campaigns" thing.

Obama is a Big Deal right now because, hell, he's the president. but he won't always be.

• Big James
    Options
    I'm not saying he is greater, or better then MLK. I just think he will be remembered longer by the global community. Who is remembered more MLK or ? ?
  • irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    That's like comparing Jackie Robinson to Fredrick Douglas. MLK got it by a landslide but Obama is up there as far as presidents go. Outside of Clinton and Kennedy which pres is better than Obama in the last 50 years? People forget that Obama inherited America at one of it's lowest points ever and has gotten no breaks at all when it comes to getting the country back in order. If John McCain had won in 2008 we'd still be in Iraq and probably fighting a war in Libya and Egypt right now.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? ? Comparing a real ? and a puppet? This should be X vs MLK.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? around the world dont respect Obama like they resect MLK.
  • janklow
    Options
    I'm not saying he is greater, or better then MLK. I just think he will be remembered longer by the global community.
    ...and i am disagreeing with you and explaining why.
    Who is remembered more MLK or ? ?
    terrible comparison. but hell, who will be remembered more, Obama or ? ?

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I of course respect and like MLK more, but I think that I have to say Obama. It just seems practical unfortunately. Some of the younger generation today don't even really know MLK very well (remember that Boondocks episodes?) Fast fast forward several decades from now, and it will just get worse. It's possible that both men will be relatively forgotten in the future, but Obama is the more recent figure and he's an American two-term president, albeit a somewhat disappointing one. So I say Obama by default. Though it should be MLK obviously. But you don't see many people, besides scholars and knowledgeable folk, talking about Douglass, Dubois, Washington, Baldwin, etc. Most of us tend to live in the now. MLK is not very much in the now or at least that's my opinion. Hardly anyone knew about or even showed up at the "recent" MLK murder trial (and that was a trial that turned up successful convictions and implicated the damn government):
    I can hardly believe the fact that, apart from the courtroom participants, only Memphis TV reporter Wendell Stacy and I attended from beginning to end this historic three-and-one-half week trial. Because of journalistic neglect scarcely anyone else in this land of ours even knows what went on in it. After critical testimony was given in the trial’s second week before an almost empty gallery, Barbara Reis, U.S. correspondent for the Lisbon daily Publico who was there several days, turned to me and said, "Everything in the U.S. is the trial of the century. O.J. Simpson’s trial was the trial of the century. Clinton’s trial was the trial of the century. But this is the trial of the century, and who’s here?"
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLK for our generation
    Obama for this generation and beyond
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLK, because everyone gonna know about that long legged mack daddy known as Barrack Obama
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

For real? lol alright, i gotta watch that
    Obama will be forgotten as soon as he leaves office since he hasn't done anything of substance to be remembered by.

Exactly how I feel. WTF has Obama really done to create change?

? get that ignorant-ass "Health Care Reform ain't do ? " nonsense the ? outta here. Obamacare already helped a ton of people and its not even CLOSE to fully kicked in yet. There's a gang of ppl and kids w/ "pre-existing conditions" that would dead right now were it not for OBAMACARE. It already saved my ass from some serious medical expenses. Ppl ? me w/ this "it hasnt worked cuz it aint help ME yet", selfish-ass muhfuckas. States are gonna start installing state-level Single Payer systems because of Obamacare. Did you know that? Vermont is just the first. They're gonna get it in Cali soon (almost did!) and THEN ? is gon get real.

Health Care Reform, ? , ZD30, First Black Prez. There are a ton of valid criticisms you can launch against the man but if you think he ain't gon be remembered you are smoking wet. AND this ? nice at speeches AND his rise to power is this full-blown Rocky story against Hillary???!?! pfffffft

Remind me what the ? JFK did again? Oh right he tapped MLK's phones cuz he might be a ? and he started dropping Agent Orange in Vietnam and he gave a couple of really cool speeches and said we should go to the moon on that Gang Starr song. Oh, and he got clapped so we just assume that he got clapped because he was FIGHTING DARK FORCES AND ? WHAT A MARTYR HE'S LIKE AMERICA'S JESUS

lol but this dude still on the Calenders w/ MLK & Jesus

i guess there's still time for obama to get killed...... "Did you see the last speech he gave?? He was gon turn on Wall St./Military/Israel/illuminati/THE JEWS/IMF/CIA/SAMCRO! That's why they killed him."
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We tortured to get Osama Bin Laden killed

also, NO WE DIDN'T. That's why that movie is ? .

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    We tortured to get Osama Bin Laden killed

also, NO WE DIDN'T. That's why that movie is ? .

If the movie is ? , why doesn't it sue the people who HAVE said govt officials approved torture to get Bin Laden?? More importantly then that, why are you so trusting of the White House, they aren't even being straight forward on drone attacks. You think they telling the truth now?
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2013
    Options

For real? lol alright, i gotta watch that

Exactly how I feel. WTF has Obama really done to create change?

? get that ignorant-ass "Health Care Reform ain't do ? " nonsense the ? outta here. Obamacare already helped a ton of people and its not even CLOSE to fully kicked in yet. There's a gang of ppl and kids w/ "pre-existing conditions" that would dead right now were it not for OBAMACARE. It already saved my ass from some serious medical expenses. Ppl ? me w/ this "it hasnt worked cuz it aint help ME yet", selfish-ass muhfuckas. States are gonna start installing state-level Single Payer systems because of Obamacare. Did you know that? Vermont is just the first. They're gonna get it in Cali soon (almost did!) and THEN ? is gon get real.

Health Care Reform, ? , ZD30, First Black Prez. There are a ton of valid criticisms you can launch against the man but if you think he ain't gon be remembered you are smoking wet. AND this ? nice at speeches AND his rise to power is this full-blown Rocky story against Hillary???!?! pfffffft

Remind me what the ? JFK did again? Oh right he tapped MLK's phones cuz he might be a ? and he started dropping Agent Orange in Vietnam and he gave a couple of really cool speeches and said we should go to the moon on that Gang Starr song. Oh, and he got clapped so we just assume that he got clapped because he was FIGHTING DARK FORCES AND ? WHAT A MARTYR HE'S LIKE AMERICA'S JESUS

lol but this dude still on the Calenders w/ MLK & Jesus

i guess there's still time for obama to get killed...... "Did you see the last speech he gave?? He was gon turn on Wall St./Military/Israel/illuminati/THE JEWS/IMF/CIA/SAMCRO! That's why they killed him."

Never said Obama wouldn't be remembered of course he will, and Obamacare isn't a bad law, I always said I supported it but the law hasn't create massive change. Polls and surveys show hospital bills are still high if not higher now, and states that ALREADY had liberal rules on healthcare have seen rules become even more liberal. I live in NY and thanks to the fee scale system here, my 30 K hospital bill from surgery I needed from a car accident 5 years ago turned into a 1000 dollar bill. But Obamacare may improve more conservative states' healthcare later on true, yet so far it hasn't happened much. Plenty of proof online if you wana see it but here's just one source.....and again, I supported Obama care. There are great things about the law but again, no massive change has been created

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2013/02/15/key-democrats-turn-on-obamacare/

Powerful Democrats who helped write and pass Obamacare subjected the new law’s chief administrator to withering criticism at a Senate hearing yesterday. Gary Cohen, the director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, testified before the Senate Finance Committee, and the Democrats on the committee—from its Chairman Max Baucus to Senators Ron Wyden, Bill Nelson, and Maria Cantwell—tore into him. Kaiser Health News has more:

Wyden pressed Cohen to help find ways to resolve a glitch in the law which may result in the denial of federal assistance to millions of Americans of modest means who could be priced out of family health coverage at work….

“We’ve got millions of people—working-class, middle-class people—who are going to be pushed into a regulatory health coverage no man’s land,” Wyden said. “They are unable to afford the family coverage through their employer and ineligible for the subsidy that could be used by dependents on the exchange.”

- See more at: http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2013/02/15/key-democrats-turn-on-obamacare/#sthash.NwayUAur.dpuf

• janklow
    Options
    ? get that ignorant-ass "Health Care Reform ain't do ? " nonsense the ? outta here. Obamacare already helped a ton of people and its not even CLOSE to fully kicked in yet. There's a gang of ppl and kids w/ "pre-existing conditions" that would dead right now were it not for OBAMACARE.
    in this is anything like Obama's current "THE SEQUESTER WILL MURDER YOU ALL" talk, i think we need some verification here.

also, this is not "will anyone ever give a ? ," but who will be bigger, MLK or Obama. it's MLK! we're not comparing Obama to some random-ass dudes.
    note: i don't think JFK did half that stuff
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    MLK.

But the more important issue is who is more admirable from a pro-black perspective. And the answer is: it ain't someone not named MLK. Obama is a fraud to the highest degree.
  • herbNwhite
    herbNwhite Members Posts: 4
    Options
    MLK had a message and presence. Obama is a charismatic guy and you either eat the lies and ? , like you did for every other president or see through him. MLK or Obama, MLK. ? and Obama? The difference if any between fame and infamy. I hope the next black president makes Obama look like ? .