Marvel vs Capcom 3 Official Trailer!!!!

your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming

Im just guessing but it looks like they are going to use SFIV graphics, I just wanna see who on the roster.

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    my ? just got hard over a videogame trailer [no ? ]

will be ? tight as hell if its not 3 on 3.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    would very sick though if the stages were multi tier like dead or alive.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't look anything like SF4 to me. Looks EXACTLY like Tatsunoko vs Capcom though...which is a much better look!
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    nice start of the day
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    it looks like TvC
  • focus
    edited April 2010
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Will Be a "Living Comic" With A Deep Story

It's been ten years since the characters of Marvel's comics and Capcom's video games faced off in a fighting title, so 2011's Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds can't come soon enough.

The title, which will likely feature more than 30 characters to choose from and feature 3-on-3 tag team fighting, hits the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011. There currently are no plans for an arcade, computer or Wii version of the title, Capcom tells Kotaku.

"I'm really excited to be here so that I can share this information with you today," Ryota Niitsuma, the game's producer, told a room of journalists gathered last week in Hawaii for the game's unveiling.

Like Capcom's popular Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will feature 3D characters fighting on a 2D plane, he said. The game won't, however, use the same sort of graphics found in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Instead Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will run on an "advanced version" of MT Framework, the same engine that powers the graphics of Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

"Each version of MT Framework gets better than the previous version," Niitsuma said. "A lot of key staff are involved with this game and they wanted to use the engine they are more comfortable with."

Chris Baker, the manager of licensed games at Marvel Studios, said he was astounded to see the concept art for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and said that in action it's just as amazing, calling the title a "beautiful, beautiful game."

Baker pointed out that Wolverine's look in the game hearkens back to the classic look of the beloved character. Iron Man, on the other hand, fits his contemporary look and The Hulk has a new visual style.

The shaders used on each character, Capcom's Seth Killian said, are what really make all of the characters so visually distinct in motion. Even Capcom's Ryu, he pointed out, is brought out in a new way with the help of the shaders.

"You could see him sitting in a comic book frame," Killian said, "and maybe one day you will."

The game will also have an eclectic and robust mix of music, with at least 100 pieces including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games as well as some new music.

"It's all about having a lot of content and things to go with this game," Niitsuma said. "We also want to make sure the music suits the type of game this is."

And the music needs to suit the characters as well, Baker added.

While news of a new version of Marvel Vs. Capcom was highly anticipated leading up to Capcom's annual event last week (Baker said it was one of the questions most often asked of him and the hardest secret he's had to keep since working at the comic company), the presentation was light on details about which characters would make the cut for the game.

The gameplay-free trailer shows that Wolverine, the Hulk, Iron Man, Street Fighter's Ryu, Darkstalker's Morrigan and Resident Evil's Chris Redfield will be in the game. It also hints at the appearance of Captain America, Super Skrull, Chun-Li, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante or Nero, Spencer or Wesker, Mephisto, Rad Spencer and Doctor Doom. The inclusion of Redfield in the game is indicative of the direction the game's developers are headed in terms of Capcom character selection, Killian said.

While the game could certainly support any number of characters, Niitsuma said that time constraints led the team to shoot for a bit more than 30 characters in the game.

While downloadable content for the game, most likely new characters, is certainly possible, no DLC plans have yet been locked in, said Capcom's Seth Killian.

"There are a couple of different directions they're thinking about," he said.

And unlike previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games, this latest iteration will have a strong storyline.

"It's important that game's have strong stories for Marvel," Baker said. "With fighting games it's not as essential as an action game or role playing game but we are very much insisting there be some cohesive kind of story for this game.

"We actually have a subtitle for the game that means something this time. In the coming months we will be giving you more information about it."

http://kotaku.com/5518024/marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-be-a-living-comic-with-a-deep-story?skyline=true&s=i
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    my ban on fighting games may have to end when this drops.
  • focus
    edited April 2010
    They should handle this just like Super Smash Bros Brawl. 5 days a week update a blog with the music, ultra combos, character revelations, alternate costumes, stages, etc. Brawl had one of, if not the best, marketing push this gen.

Anyway, some guesses based on art released by Capcom

tba-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-20100419070815903-000.jpg

500x_guess1.jpg

500x_mvc3_guesses.jpg
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I think I might have to restart my fighting game career with this........

I hate the fact that I'm gonna have to get a fight stick.......and might girl might leave me once this drops because of all the practice I would have to put in
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I think I might have to restart my fighting game career with this........

I hate the fact that I'm gonna have to get a fight stick.......and might girl might leave me once this drops because of all the practice I would have to put in

if your girl down w/ mvc3 then you should be good
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited April 2010
    YES! Chris Redfields in it! am washing ? up with him when this drop!!!!
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2010
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    If I don't have a PS3 by the time this drops, I'm a shoot myself!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    focus wrote: »
    Doesn't look anything like SF4 to me. Looks EXACTLY like Tatsunoko vs Capcom though...which is a much better look!

There is no gameplay footage in that trailer so you can't really say what it looks like. It's being built off a different engine than either of those games so it probably won't look like either.
  • focus
    edited April 2010
    There is no gameplay footage in that trailer so you can't really say what it looks like. It's being built off a different engine than either of those games so it probably won't look like either.

That very last second of footage with Ryu looks like gameplay and is identical to TvC...except in HD and with the new added "comic" effect and other touches. I just think it's obvious this game will be alot closer to TvC (and every other capcom vs game for that matter) than...SF4.

Check 2:08-2:11 of this to see what I mean

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-marvel-vs/64778
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I'm ethering ? on forum when the game drop. Give me your gamer tag so i can now who ass im kicking first

And hold up at least 30? In MvC2 there was 56. I hope that part was a joke
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    ? yes dante,chris,deadpool im copin when this ? drops i hope its more than 30 characters...? im dling MVC 2 right now on XBL!!
  • focus
    edited April 2010
    If it ends up only around 30 characters my guess is this ? will be 2 on 2
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    satyrone wrote: »
    ? yes dante,chris,deadpool im copin when this ? drops i hope its more than 30 characters...? im dling MVC 2 right now on XBL!!

there are only 2 rules when making a fighting game: a solid fighting system and a big ass roster. the perfect mix of quality and quantity. i see them doing this again and i'm buying this when its out.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    focus wrote: »
    That very last second of footage with Ryu looks like gameplay and is identical to TvC...except in HD and with the new added "comic" effect and other touches. I just think it's obvious this game will be alot closer to TvC (and every other capcom vs game for that matter) than...SF4.

Check 2:08-2:11 of this to see what I mean

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-marvel-vs/64778

Nah it was confirmed in the release that the trailer is completely non-gameplay. But I do see what you're saying. It looks close.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Zero
    Mega man X
    Dante
    Batsu
    Silver Surfer
    Vergil
    Lady
    Kyosuke
    Trish

these are the only characters that come into mind so far i want to make their debut in MVC3