There's rumor of a new species in New York. It can be aggressive, if threatened.

Options
2»

Comments

• Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Let's come back to reality....

Humans have yet to "outdo" ? .......

Newt Finding Might Set Back Efforts to Regrow Human Limbs

Limb%20Regeneration.jpg

Unique proteins in these amphibians cast doubt on the existence of any latent potential for limb regeneration

Breakthrough-medical-research-could-utilize-oxygen-blasts-to-regenerate-human-limbs.jpg

Moreover, Tanaka adds, scientists would do well to look for more grey zones in the potential for harnessing the regenerative capacities of newts (and of other animals, such as fish). Rather than focusing on spectacular, but perhaps unlikely, scenarios in which amputees could regrow entire limbs, researchers should instead focus on more plausible options, such as improving the healing of scars and burns or increasing the speed of ? regeneration.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=newt-finding-might-set-back-efforts-to-regrow-human-limbs

That depends on your criteria for outdoing "? ".

Humans can already accomplish many things that prayer cannot.

How do you know what prayer accomplishes?

Especially other peoples prayers?

- I doubt it that it puts food in ? mouths.

- I doubt it that it prevents natural disasters, and keeps people safe from them.

- I doubt that it cures sickness or heals injuries.

- I doubt it keeps 3rd world children from being slaughtered

- etc

I tried to illustrate earlier.......

However.....

This is a "show me" thread.......

Unless you have some type of evidence..........

Miss me with your juvenile doubts..................

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Limb%20Regeneration.jpg

Unique proteins in these amphibians cast doubt on the existence of any latent potential for limb regeneration

Breakthrough-medical-research-could-utilize-oxygen-blasts-to-regenerate-human-limbs.jpg

Moreover, Tanaka adds, scientists would do well to look for more grey zones in the potential for harnessing the regenerative capacities of newts (and of other animals, such as fish). Rather than focusing on spectacular, but perhaps unlikely, scenarios in which amputees could regrow entire limbs, researchers should instead focus on more plausible options, such as improving the healing of scars and burns or increasing the speed of ? regeneration.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=newt-finding-might-set-back-efforts-to-regrow-human-limbs

- I doubt it that it prevents natural disasters, and keeps people safe from them.

- etc

However.....

*Looks at all the people dying of starvation and illness everyday* hmm, and all it would take is a simple heavy growth of edible vegetation in some of these areas, or not even that, just make the soil fertile.

Yes, prayer does so many wonderful things in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU

whoops.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4860694.stm
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe that just means no one prays for the starving masses or the people being slaughtered in war-torn countries.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

Limb%20Regeneration.jpg

- etc

However.....

*Looks at all the people dying of starvation and illness everyday* hmm, and all it would take is a simple heavy growth of edible vegetation in some of these areas, or not even that, just make the soil fertile.

Supreme speculation........

Followed by anecdotal evidence.................

• Drew_Ali
    Options

Limb%20Regeneration.jpg

- etc

However.....

whoops.

"Population growth is leading to the overexploitation of farmland, depleting soil of nutrients, the report says."

Add this to the historical ? of African soil............

And you should understand that the cause of "people dying of starvation"..........

Is not divine..........

Read your own reference article..............

"A summit on the issue in June will look at lowering costs, training a rural network of retailers and expand financing for private importers exporters."

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock Well wrote: »
    Humans love trying to play ?
    Even Jesus/"? " never healed amputees.
    They're trying to play better than "? ".

Jesus did put that man ear back on his head miraculously after Peter amputated it.
    He wasn't an amputee though:
    GLL0mqH.png

And: Reattaching≠Regrowing

still can't say for sure Jesus didn't heal amputees. scripture say Jesus did many miracles that aren't even revealed in scripture. That means positively stating He didn't heal amputees would be arguing from silence, which is a logical error.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miracles don't exist by definition.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    miracle: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment..........

Happens frequently............

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HumansThe white man loves trying to play ?

Corrected
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? gave them the knowledge according to Christians. So why would he mind them using it to "heal."

"Man prayed for ? to heal the sick and injured. So he gave us scientists. Man prayed for a cure to disease. So ? gave us bio-engineers."
    ~DarcSkies in his speech to NATO Medical Counsel in 1958 in Warsaw.
  • Rock_Well
    Options

they did a lil over a thousand years ago, they only stopped existing some time after ? complete message to the world was recorded in writing once and for all.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    miracle: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment..........

Happens frequently............

Those aren't miracles.

Those are the unlikely.

A miracle would be if I dropped a pencil and it will go to the roof/sky.

If Humans can fly, if I can throw a rock in the sky from my position and etc.

Violation of the Laws of Physics. The unlikely aren't miracles.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

Again.....

By definition..........

Miracles happen...........

http://youtu.be/5eUSB8DvT0k

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Jesus did put that man ear back on his head miraculously after Peter amputated it.
    GLL0mqH.png

still can't say for sure Jesus didn't heal amputees. scripture say Jesus did many miracles that aren't even revealed in scripture. That means positively stating He didn't heal amputees would be arguing from silence, which is a logical error.
    Arguing that since it doesn't say he didn't heal amputees, he must've healed amputees would be an argument from ignorance; also a logical fallacy.

If the Christian bible supposedly documents various types of "miracles" performed by Jesus/"? ", hundreds of them, but it never once documented the healing of amputees; then it's inferred that Jesus/"? " didn't heal amputees.

Kind of an "evidence of absence".

Otherwise, you can make all kinds of assumptions about things not mentioned in the Christian bible; such as, The Christian bible doesn't say Jesus wasn't a homosexual, so maybe he was a homosexual."

• Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options

If "if" was a spliff or a fifth..............

We would all be high................

• DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing ? ! Smh
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    Again.....

By definition..........

haha a physical law of the universe has to be broken for it to be a miracle, by the Bible definition
  • Rock_Well
    Options

GLL0mqH.png

Arguing that since it doesn't say he didn't heal amputees, he must've healed amputees would be an argument from ignorance; also a logical fallacy.

If the Christian bible supposedly documents various types of "miracles" performed by Jesus/"? ", hundreds of them, but it never once documented the healing of amputees; then it's inferred that Jesus/"? " didn't heal amputees.

Kind of an "evidence of absence".

Otherwise, you can make all kinds of assumptions about things not mentioned in the Christian bible; such as, The Christian bible doesn't say Jesus wasn't a homosexual, so maybe he was a homosexual."

but that inference is only a 'could be', in either direction, not a 'necessarily so'. maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

and i get the point, but lol...the homosexual example is an impossibility accepting the truth as it is written that all writers of the Bible agree Jesus is sinless and that ? cannot sin nor be tempted to sin.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Lizard from spiderman already came up with this ?
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the Lizard from spiderman already came up with this ?

LOL........

He tried..........

Again.....

By definition..........

haha a physical law of the universe has to be broken for it to be a miracle, by the Bible definition

I tend to go by historical definition.............

Miracle;

mid-12c., "a wondrous work of ? ," from Old French miracle (11c.) "miracle, story of a miracle, miracle play," from Latin miraculum "object of wonder" (in Church Latin, "marvelous event caused by ? "), from mirari "to wonder at, marvel, be astonished," figuratively "to regard, esteem," from mirus "wonderful, astonishing, amazing," earlier *smeiros, from PIE *smei- "to smile, laugh" (cf. Sanskrit smerah "smiling," Greek meidan "to smile," Old Church Slavonic smejo "to laugh;" see smile (v.)).

From mid-13c. as "extraordinary or remarkable feat," without regard to deity. Replaced Old English wundortacen, wundorweorc. The Greek words rendered as miracle in the English bibles were semeion "sign," teras "wonder," and dynamis "power," in Vulgate translated respectively as signum, prodigium, and virtus. The Latin word is the source of Spanish milagro, Italian miracolo.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=miracle&allowed_in_frame=0

• Drew_Ali
    Options

? is the greatest............

Allahu Akbar...............