Why is Raphael Saadiq criminally slept on??

Options
buttuh_b
buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
108_raphael-saadiq.jpg

One of the illest singer/producers in the game and been doing it for a long time. He's like Raheem Devaughn and D'Angelo in the sense that they really take you through eras in their music.

Why doesn't he get credit??

Let's appreciate.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Saadiq has always been one of my faves. i need to dl that 50 vintage vibe album... Ask of you with toni Toni Tone is one of my fav songs ever.. Lucy pearl was the ? .. he is the truth
  • buttuh_b
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Lucy Pearl joint would have been classic if D could have fully participated. And the Toni Tone material is legendary. I heard he's one of the executive producers on D'Angelo's new album too.

I'm ? cause I had like 2 or 3 different chances to see him live and missed them all.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Do you have that album.. that, that picture is respresenting?
  • buttuh_b
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What album?? I have The Way I See It, Instant Vintage, Ray Ray, Lucy Pearl, Sons of Soul, The Revival...

Bolded I don't have the hard copy.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Look at my avatar. One of the greatest R&B albums in the last 25 years. Been a fan as far as I can remember.....

But the reason why he is so slept on is times have changed... The real love music that used to be out there in the mainstream is dead. He is still making that kind of music along with other artists that have stood the test of time like he did, but its really hard for it to be popular nowadays, due to 90% of that garbage out there right now thats killing the charts and radio.
  • LuckyFace
    LuckyFace Members Posts: 119
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He always has been good for me. So I believe he can continue and grow his professional success
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He needs to get off of that 1950's doo-? ? . His ? from the 90's up until Lucy Pearl was nice.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    He needs to get off of that 1950's doo-? ? . His ? from the 90's up until Lucy Pearl was nice.

The few songs i heard in the style of the 50's doo-? were hot.. im botu to find that album..you are trippin. this ? is all quality
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

yeah this ? gotta realize times have changed, gotta come to the future the past is over with bruh
  • flyhunny
    flyhunny Members Posts: 33
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have also wondered y Raphael Saadiq and so many otha artists wit so much talent often get overlooked.............it seem like if an artist ain't got a certain image they don't get da props they deserve
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    flyhunny wrote: »
    I have also wondered y Raphael Saadiq and so many otha artists wit so much talent often get overlooked.............it seem like if an artist ain't got a certain image they don't get da props they deserve

newsflash.. ppl love gimmicks.. Rawness and talent is not appreciated.
  • buttuh_b
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah this ? gotta realize times have changed, gotta come to the future the past is over with bruh

FOH. Have you ever heard of timeless music?? Its the music that him and other people love. Not for everyone... but still... What Saadiq sound like on some autotune or some ? . I like T-Pain and them too but Saadiq is a true soul artist. He in his own lane.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love Rae Rae. I still need to get his new album. Instant Vintage was just that, and it was a jam.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options