selling your collection

Options
Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Quite Comical
whats the best way to go about selling your collection? i'm considering ebay but I would also like to consider other options. any advice. I plan on selling in the near future not now though maybe in a year or two.

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post some pix of what u have in your collection, Bruh.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats the best way to go about selling your collection? i'm considering ebay but I would also like to consider other options. any advice. I plan on selling in the near future not now though maybe in a year or two.

Dude, unless you have:

250px-Action_Comics_1.jpg

dc27.jpg

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

4a83eb2154865.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man129.jpg

or

XMen_94_9-6.jpg

You're not going to sell your books, let alone an entire collection. Comic book shops and collectors are only interested in the twenty-five most valuable Golden Age, the fifty most valuable Silver Age books, and certain Bronze age books.

Hell, even this book:

MeandToddMcFarlane.jpg

With McFarlene's signage isn't worth much. Before I got it autographed I had a dude at a comic book shop take look at it and give it a informal appraisal. Just off he graded it at "Very Good and the value was $60. I imagine with McFarlene's signature, it might have boosted the value up maybe thirty dollars at most.

Comic book place owners and dealers aren't interested in some random issue of X-Men from the 90's with spine roll on it. Real talk, you'll only be able to move a book that had a significant event happen in it, or a book that has the debut of a popular character. You're best bet is to find a ? that's like me a "completeist" I personally want to own every book in run from a title I collect, even there it has to be in good shape.

You best bet is to get a copy of the Overstreet Price Guide and see what books are worth something, then send it off to those jerkoffs at CGC and HOPE they give your book a good grade.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Co sign what rex said, i wouldnt take them to a shop, best chance of profit i would think is to do it on Ebay. People are stupid on there and dont necessarily know everything about what they are buying. And of course the comic book stores are gonna try giving you a cheap ass price so they can turn a profit.

Rex you should post up a pic of your collection, you seem like the type of dude that would have quite the kick ass collection of coms.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Co sign what rex said, i wouldnt take them to a shop, best chance of profit i would think is to do it on Ebay. People are stupid on there and dont necessarily know everything about what they are buying. And of course the comic book stores are gonna try giving you a cheap ass price so they can turn a profit.[/b]

Word, I forgot about Ebay. Also it's con season and the might be a big show in your area. You might want to load up your ? and post up in the parking lot of the venue where their holding the con and get rid of them that way.
    Rex you should post up a pic of your collection, you seem like the type of dude that would have quite the kick ass collection of coms.

Most of my ? is from the 80's and 90's, and that Spidey 300 is the most valuable book I have. Some of them are on this thread: http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/5167006/#Comment_5167006. I have to post some of my autographed Ghost Rider books from Mark Texeria's run on the title.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Dude, unless you have:

dc27.jpg

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

4a83eb2154865.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man129.jpg

or

XMen_94_9-6.jpg

You're not going to sell your books, let alone an entire collection. Comic book shops and collectors are only interested in the twenty-five most valuable Golden Age, the fifty most valuable Silver Age books, and certain Bronze age books.

Hell, even this book:

MeandToddMcFarlane.jpg

With McFarlene's signage isn't worth much. Before I got it autographed I had a dude at a comic book shop take look at it and give it a informal appraisal. Just off he graded it at "Very Good and the value was $60. I imagine with McFarlene's signature, it might have boosted the value up maybe thirty dollars at most.

Comic book place owners and dealers aren't interested in some random issue of X-Men from the 90's with spine roll on it. Real talk, you'll only be able to move a book that had a significant event happen in it, or a book that has the debut of a popular character. You're best bet is to find a ? that's like me a "completeist" I personally want to own every book in run from a title I collect, even there it has to be in good shape.

You best bet is to get a copy of the Overstreet Price Guide and see what books are worth something, then send it off to those jerkoffs at CGC and HOPE they give your book a good grade.

I got that amazing spiderman with barack o bama on the cover can I get something with that? I that jim lee batman vs superman issue I don't know 500-600 something can I gat something with that? I got some batman issues from late 70's early 80's but anyway I might do a thread on the grading policy because I have some questions about that too.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Dude, unless you have:

dc27.jpg

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

4a83eb2154865.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man129.jpg

or

XMen_94_9-6.jpg

Hell, even this book:

MeandToddMcFarlane.jpg

I got that amazing spiderman with barack o bama on the cover can I get something with that? I that jim lee batman vs superman issue I don't know 500-600 something can I gat something with that? I got some batman issues from late 70's early 80's but anyway I might do a thread on the grading policy because I have some questions about that too.

aww damn man I had punishers cameo appearance in an old dare devil 181 I think it was and I had gambits first full appearance in xmen 260 something that issue when he was looking after storm when she got turned into a teenager by the nanny back when I was in middle school. I used to get into fights with my sister and she used to head straight for my comic books and destoy them. man i'm still kicking myself for that ? to this day.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Co sign what rex said, i wouldnt take them to a shop, best chance of profit i would think is to do it on Ebay. People are stupid on there and dont necessarily know everything about what they are buying. And of course the comic book stores are gonna try giving you a cheap ass price so they can turn a profit.

• Splackavelli
    edited March 2013
    Options
    [quote="Lou Cypher;5617660"]Co sign what rex said, i wouldnt take them to a shop, best chance of profit i would think is to do it on Ebay. People are stupid on there and dont necessarily know everything about what they are buying. And of course the comic book stores are gonna try giving you a cheap ass price so they can turn a profit.

Rex you should post up a pic of your collection, you seem like the type of dude that would have quite the kick ass collection of coms.[/quote]

I did that a few years back. man they came at me like I just fell off a turnip truck. I bounced outta there with the quickness.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

Dude, unless you have:

dc27.jpg

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

4a83eb2154865.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man129.jpg

or

XMen_94_9-6.jpg

Hell, even this book:

MeandToddMcFarlane.jpg

I got that amazing spiderman with barack o bama on the cover can I get something with that?

Yes, if you get the President to autograph it and you have a way of authenticating the autograph. Otherwise no because there are hella of those books floating around.
    I that jim lee batman vs superman issue I don't know 500-600 something can I gat something with that?

250px-World's_Finest_Comics_1.jpg

^^^^^^^^ The only Supes and Bats books that collectors are interested in.

Then again it might be worth something, but you have to go to an in-store or a con and get Jim Lee to sign it, then have it appraised. Again, four things determine a comics value:

1) Condition

2) Rarity

3) Historical significance (e.g. debut of a major character,) however an unsigned Spawn #1 isn't worth much because there's so many of those ? floating around.

4) Major event (e.g. The Death of Gwen Stacy Showcase #4 which is regarded as the start of the Silver Age

I got some batman issues from late 70's early 80's.

I would be interested in those. You would have to post some pictures thought. Even though they're probably not worth much, I'm still not trying to buy some ? .