Oddworld Devs: "Incredibly excited for PS4. No communication with MS"

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
oddworld-abe-exoddus-492.jpg

http://www.gamesabyss.com/in-odd-we-trust-an-interview-with-oddworld-inhabitants/

Stewart Gilray: Now we are working on PS4 and are incredibly excited by that prospect for the future. Weve had no communication at all with Microsoft on their new system, so I really cant comment on that at all. But PS4 seems like a fantastic system, weve had kits for a while, and it is as people say, incredibly easy to develop for, as it is a lot closer to a PC system than ever before. Some of the ideas Sony have for the way it all works are truly inspiring and we are happy to be working with them again.

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh no! So, you're telling me I might not be able to play the next...Oddworld??!!! LOL

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    I guess you children from the Justin Bieber era are too young to recognize Oddworld.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oddworld was my ? on PS1.

Damn, it brings me back.

I can't wait now
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big fan of the Abe games. Never played Strangers Wrath or Munch though.

Been too long without an Abe's exodus sequel.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Oh no! So, you're telling me I might not be able to play the next...Oddworld??!!! LOL

What's stopping you copping a PS4?
  • focus
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

What's stopping you copping a PS4?

Nothing. I'm completely open to all consoles. Currently, the only reservation I have is that i'm already too deep into the eco-system of XBOX Live. But if the PS4 is a ? up like the PS3 was, I wont be coppin. Sony made a lot of promises when they announced the PS3 too, and i'm just not blinded by their console-less console announcement. So, we'll see...
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    LOL @too deep in Ecosystem of XBL

You mean you wasted all your money on ? lil outfits for your avatar and now you don't want to switch over to another console?
  • focus
    edited March 2013
    Options

You mean you wasted all your money on ? lil outfits for your avatar and now you don't want to switch over to another console?

Sure. Its also where all my friends are, my cloud saves, downloaded games, movies, & shows. XBOX music subscription. Plus the overall interface of XBOX live/Windows 8 that I enjoy. My achievements are there. My XBOX Live rewards program. Streaming original content. A bunch of apps I like that you cant get on a TV anywhere else. I have SmartGlass on my phone...etc etc etc. All of this with the peace of mind that my information wont be hacked or that the service wont constantly be "down for maintenance". And that's just software, so i'm leaving out things like preferring the XBOX controller. Sony's new interface for the PS4 looked really nice, but its pretty much where XBOX Live already is now...so I have no doubt that M$ will take it to an even bigger level with the next XBOX. But, like I said, we'll see...
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oddworld was the ? on ps1...i remember watching my dad play it when i was younger, made me want to make games.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

Sure. Its also where all my friends are...

LMFAO.

? you got no ? friends then. I have about 70 online PSN friends list and I don't give a ? about any of them. I could leave that ? tomorrow if I wanted to.

You a simp ass ? ! Getting all emotionally attached to your XBL friends.
  • focus
    edited March 2013
    Options

LMFAO.

? you got no ? friends then. I have about 70 online PSN friends list and I don't give a ? about any of them. I could leave that ? tomorrow if I wanted to.

*sighs*...Try to follow me here. You see, SOME of us have actual real life friends...who ALSO just so happen to have XBOX's. Get it? But I guess that concept is foreign to you, which means you have inadvertently admitted you have no real friends. LOL.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the massive feelings being caught.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

LMFAO.

*sighs*...Try to follow me here. You see, SOME of us have actual real life friends...who ALSO just so happen to have XBOX's. Get it? But I guess that concept is foreign to you, which means you have inadvertently admitted you have no real friends. LOL.

Learn how to read. I said I have about 70 online friends on PSN. I got about 10 real life friends on PSN.... I could leave that "ecosystem" at any moment. I don't need to play games with my friends on PSN, Ill hit them up for a drink and watch some MMA.

LOL@ you catching feelings about your emotional attachment to some XBL avatars. What's next... You gonna run away for 3 weeks and cry to the mods again? lmfao
  • focus
    edited March 2013
    Options

LMFAO.

Learn how to read. I said I have about 70 online friends on PSN. I got about 10 real life friends on PSN.... I could leave that "ecosystem" at any moment. I don't need to play games with my friends on PSN, Ill hit them up for a drink and watch some MMA.

Keep explaining yourself to me. Focus is not convinced yet. LOL
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    no ones explained this yet. Focus aint a niggabitch? Im not convinced.
    You got ? name callin and jumpin out they face at other posters for saying anything thats not 100% devoted to kissing sony's ass? wtf? I make a thread stating nothing but fact, going at no one directly... it gets locked or edited. But this? This is allowed to go on? Read the rules YOU WROTE about posting and get on ya job, mod.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stranger's Wrath was a dope ass game. One of my favorite XBOX titles. I'm not surprised they're ready to move away from MS though after they ? them over with marketing for both SW and the Munch game.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oddworld games are brilliant. Sony's gain, Microsoft's loss.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

LMFAO.

Keep explaining yourself to me. Focus is not convinced yet. LOL

... earlier in this thread you admitted you're emotionally attached to your XBL friends...

pets-coming-to-your-xbox.JPG

Seriously bro?.... seriously?

*Smh* you are a pathetic human being
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brings back memories