Remember when NBA was like this

Options
2»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly miss the chippy rivalries. Now the hardest ? are just mean-muggthugs (I see u perk)

Even gutter nikkas like Cap Jack are just twitter beefing. Scust.

I ain't saying the league should have fights like hockey, but stop actin like its women's golf.

Low key the Eastern confernece got that

Heat vs Celtics
    Heat vs Pacers
    Knicks vs Nets
    Knicks vs Bulls
    Knicks vs Celtics
    Bulls vs Pacers
    Bulls vs Celtics

It's not as physical, but the game have been tense, crowd reactions have been playoff like, and the players legitamely dislike each other like they did in the 80s and 90s, and its just regular season, just wait to the playoffs start

Its not as physical because everything gets called nowadays and players dont want to get in foul trouble, its the officiating that made the game soft
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This notion that ? in the 80s and 90s hated each other and didnt hang out and chill together is ? . We just hear about it more now because of the access we have today.

magic-johnson-isiah-thomas-kiss-4251_display_image.jpg?1363519498

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, Jordan was friends with lots of the starts back then, but he still killed them.

Remember when Van Gundy accused MJ of trying to befriend players so they would lower their guard when playing him so he could take advantage of them.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, Jordan was friends with lots of the starts back then, but he still killed them.

Remember when Van Gundy accused MJ of trying to befriend players so they would lower their guard when playing him so he could take advantage of them.

called him a con man remember that ? ..
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im watching some of these tourney games and I swear half of these players would of been fouled out by now with NBA officiating
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYQSYzf5Mk

bad quality but dis ? is pure comedy lol Doc reachin for KJ was hilarious Greg Anthony's shirt was WOAT too
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao doc rivers gon run up and grab KJ. Greg anthony shirt lol...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I honestly miss the chippy rivalries. Now the hardest ? are just mean-muggthugs (I see u perk)

Even gutter nikkas like Cap Jack are just twitter beefing. Scust.

I ain't saying the league should have fights like hockey, but stop actin like its women's golf.

Looking at lebrons recent mean mugs and new ray lewis like dance i think this will continue to change for the best where rivalry will get better. These players now have simular agents and somehow befriend each other as early as AAU (even if they play each other) which creates the lack of hatred.

I made this same point multiple times in threads complaining about how the Heat got together or the ? with Chris Paul saying he wanted to play with Melo a couple years back. These kids playing basketball year round...traveling and what not...alot of them pretty much grow up together. Then they get to the NBA and now they treating free agency like picking a team for 5 on 5 and want to play with their friends
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol @ Greg Anthony coming in when the fight was over. That was a ? move.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn ? sounds like a wrestling match. I never knew Greg had that nigganess in him lol.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can also blame it on the times...guys don't want to get dunked on and put out there on social media like twitter and ?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has ever watched Evolution on NBATV, but the other day they were comparing Nique to Blake Griffin. When the analysis over someone else on the Network pointed out that Blake is much more like Kemp than Nique. I thought about it, and that ? is true. Blake is like the reincarnation of Nique complete with a perfectly complimentary PG.

And TC is right because Lebron got a Tech just for looking at Terry after he put his ass down.

Yo and we think he would have got a Tech nowadays for what he did to Lister, what would he have gotten for doing this to Rodman? lol

9682581-large.jpg[img][/img]

naw Blake can just dunk... those guys were more complete players and had jumpers and a basket ball iq..... Blake has the bball iq of a brick
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has ever watched Evolution on NBATV, but the other day they were comparing Nique to Blake Griffin. When the analysis over someone else on the Network pointed out that Blake is much more like Kemp than Nique. I thought about it, and that ? is true. Blake is like the reincarnation of Nique complete with a perfectly complimentary PG.

And TC is right because Lebron got a Tech just for looking at Terry after he put his ass down.

Yo and we think he would have got a Tech nowadays for what he did to Lister, what would he have gotten for doing this to Rodman? lol

9682581-large.jpg[img][/img]

naw Blake can just dunk... those guys were more complete players and had jumpers and a basket ball iq..... Blake has the bball iq of a brick

Yeah, they mentioned that, but they noted that Blake is still young and does at least appear to be working on expanding his game. I think that's a fair assessment.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol That Shaq one was blatant but smooth as hell. If he didn't get a Tech for that, the refs were on some ? .
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can also blame it on the times...guys don't want to get dunked on and put out there on social media like twitter and ?

LOL@Twitter influencing the game of basketball.

Pathetic.

It works both ways. Some ppl get posterized, but some defenders make big rejections too.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

LOL@Twitter influencing the game of basketball.

Pathetic.

It works both ways. Some ppl get posterized, but some defenders make big rejections too.

i'm just saying with media how it is today most players side step to give the easy 2 most of the time...twitter was an example it doesn't help when shows like sn has 3 tears and shaq's shaqtinafool ect
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options