Do you think it was wrong of the Rock to go on jay leno

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
and not mention he is WWE champion or having a match at wrestlemania or do you think movie exec told him not to mention wrestling?

http://www.pwmania.com/video-rock-appears-jay-leno-wwe-title-wrestlemania-mention#.UUzOD4-bICA.2linkme

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It defeated the purpose of him being champion in the first place. In fact when was the last time it was even mentioned in other places that he was wrestling at WM or that he won the title? What a worthless, tranisitional title run.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's wrong putting the ? the Rock as a part time worker.

Jericho has a band and tours, he's there more than Rocky.

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I thought I would never say this......but I hope cena becomes champion ad I may root for him at mania, smh rock hasn't been on raw for 2 weeks and I read he's bulking up for another movie and it may hinder his performance at mania
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Well I thought I would never say this......but I hope cena becomes champion ad I may root for him at mania, smh rock hasn't been on raw for 2 weeks and I read he's bulking up for another movie and it may hinder his performance at mania

I think it is Hercules he is about to film, John Cena is going to win at wrestlemania anyway.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I think it is Hercules he is about to film, John Cena is going to win at wrestlemania anyway.

Ur probably right, this is the rocks 10th world title reign ad easily his worst reign ever
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah especially since he or the WWE title hasn't been seen on Raw for what 2 or 3 weeks now!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to The Wrestling Observer, the likely reason for The Rock failing to mention WWE or being the WWE Champion during his appearance on The Tonight Show this past week is because the interview was setup by the PR team for "G.I. Joe" as opposed to WWE, and the team wanted Rock to focus on plugging the movie as opposed to WWE or WrestleMania.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good thing i wasn't the only person who was annoyed by that leno interview as it ended. i tweeted that was wrong. what is the point of VINCE (the person who decides who holds the title) to give it to the rock if he's not on raw, and he doesn't promote the match/event he is participating in? at the end of the day the rock gets paid based off how much buys the event gets, so he should be promoting WM all he can.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    The Rock doesn't give a ? about The WWE. By his attitude, you can tell WWE begged him to come back, he didn't ask. Of course he's gonna feel this arrogance.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rock still that wigga
  • south4life
    This is way I was ? when he won the belt in the first place!
    CM Punk was defending the belt on Raw, Smackdown, House Shows and PPVs for over a year and they take the belt off him to give it to a part timer and then to make it worse, they let the part timer debut the new belt that has been seen on Raw once!
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    CM Punk was defending the belt on Raw, Smackdown, House Shows and PPVs for over a year and they take the belt off him to give it to a part timer and then to make it worse, they let the part timer debut the new belt that has been seen on Raw once!
    Word. You dont get Nash to end Goldberg's streak. You get DDP.

And you dont get Rock to end Punk's reign. You get Ziggler. (I dont give a ? if he's a heel)
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking DDP should have ended Goldberg's streak.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never though I'd say it, but Vince ? up giving Rocky that belt longer than a month. Punk should have it back. The belt is about as meaningless now as the dying days of WCW when David Arquette had that ? . Cause that's basically what this is now: a movie star with the title.

Rocky will always be in my Top 5, but this is some ? and even he knows it.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking DDP should have ended Goldberg's streak.
    That dude was over as hell in 97-98. Even if they only gave him the belt for a month (which they ended up doing anyway) it would've put him over the top.
  • south4life

And you dont get Rock to end Punk's reign. You get Ziggler. (I dont give a ? if he's a heel)

For real, I thought the logic thing to do was to have DDP end the streak, he would have benefited from it more the Nash did and the same with CM Punk's streak, Ziggler needed that more then Rock.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

For real, I thought the logic thing to do was to have DDP end the streak, he would have benefited from it more the Nash did and the same with CM Punk's streak, Ziggler needed that more then Rock.
    Unfortunately writers do not think logically because dolph ziggler went against cm punk at royal rumble 2012 and they could of booked it at royal rumble 2013 as a revenge angle and have some one else win the money in the bank smackdown briefcase.