Reggae Legend Super Cat Speaks On The Music Business And People Trying To Murder HIm

Options
2»

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    @water ur seeds... Ignorance ain't no excuse. I guarantee you a coolie (Super Cat is dogla), Chinese or Lebanese from Jamaica won't allow outsiders to screw 'em over like these black artists. Blacks need to understand and learn how to live within this capitalistic system or be forever stuck on the bottom. Blacks are the only group that allow outsiders to extract money from them without reciprocation. In the caribbean most retail in black communities are owned by coolies, Chines, Lebanese etc. Blacks willingly bring their money to these outsiders while they won't employ one black person. I'm from the caribbean originally and I been seeing this since I was young.

When a brotha gets his hands on some money the first thing that pops up is trick the money off on bullsh!t and flaunt. Then when he has ran out of money he wanna complain about white folks.
    Learn how to start pooling your money together like other races do and stop complaining...

As for dopefiends I was referring to artists like Dennis Brown who were great musicians but known cokeheads (they even made songs about their habit).

it doesn matter who you are, where you are from in a 3rd world county (because the hood in jamaica, is a 3rd world country, the tourist spots are lovely, but you go out of there and its like another country)... you are not gonna know the legal matters and the contractual issues etc, most people dont know them, but especially if your from the jamaican ghetto...

in mainstream music industry, the american market that is, you have no choice but to sign with majors, and risk getting fckd over by the sony's etc... you think with all the corruption and distribution that is need etc that artists can pull their money (which they dont have) together and break america and sell millions??? it cant happen, the average reggae artist doesnt not have the resources and the more importantly the connections to break america, its daum near impossible without the help off a major american label...

bollywood music or what ever its called, is owned my indians, but that music doesnt break america and sell millions, but is popular in india... but the then you got local reggae artists selling music that is owned by jamaicans that sells on the island to, but cat and michael are talking about when artists sign with the majors and sell millions, and end up getting fckd over...

saying that, i dare say its a little different now, and that goes for a musicians, they are more clued up, with people speaking out and dropping knowledge and the internet, they know more about publishing and people things, the artist cat was speaking about are from the 80s/90s, you hear more about artists from them decades that get fckd over by the sony's etc, but it still happens...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @water ur seeds... Ignorance ain't no excuse. I guarantee you a coolie (Super Cat is dogla), Chinese or Lebanese from Jamaica won't allow outsiders to screw 'em over like these black artists. Blacks need to understand and learn how to live within this capitalistic system or be forever stuck on the bottom. Blacks are the only group that allow outsiders to extract money from them without reciprocation. In the caribbean most retail in black communities are owned by coolies, Chines, Lebanese etc. Blacks willingly bring their money to these outsiders while they won't employ one black person. I'm from the caribbean originally and I been seeing this since I was young.

When a brotha gets his hands on some money the first thing that pops up is trick the money off on bullsh!t and flaunt. Then when he has ran out of money he wanna complain about white folks.
    Learn how to start pooling your money together like other races do and stop complaining...

As for dopefiends I was referring to artists like Dennis Brown who were great musicians but known cokeheads (they even made songs about their habit).

why you keep saying coolie for ? watch your mouth .

A black man can call you what ever he wants coolie. Back in the day most artist got ripped off jamaican and american things are different now

i am black fool .

so

we can call any other race what we want to that is my point

and you feel proud of that ?. so im guessing you like being called ?

this is a hip-hop site the N word is flying back and forth like nothing yet you have a problem with the word coolie. This music hip hop and dancehall belongs to us and we can say what we like. Not proud of the n word but I am proud of the freedom in hiphop . I dont think you are black I think you are a ? coolie you are too defensive about the word coolie
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @water ur seeds... I see your point but we still shouldn't shift responsibility from these brothers. Being from the ghetto doesn't mean you don't have to use common sense and learn to live in this system. Alot of these Jews that now run Hollywood/ the entertainment industry came from backward a*s eastern Europe where they were confined to ghetto's and weren't allowed to practise certain professions. They understood the importance of keeping money within their circle. Blacks don't and that's why they getting f*cked over by outsiders time and time again.

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @zombie... Don't even let that boy derail this thread. Whenever brothers discuss some real sh*t it's always an outsider that tries to throw the conversation off track. This clown picked one word and decided to go in. Him not even responding on topic should tell you what his intentions were. Ignore that hater like I'm about to do...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @water ur seeds... I see your point but we still shouldn't shift responsibility from these brothers. Being from the ghetto doesn't mean you don't have to use common sense and learn to live in this system. Alot of these Jews that now run Hollywood/ the entertainment industry came from backward a*s eastern Europe where they were confined to ghetto's and weren't allowed to practise certain professions. They understood the importance of keeping money within their circle. Blacks don't and that's why they getting f*cked over by outsiders time and time again.

i see what you saying brother, but they came to america thrived and had opportunity to thrive... its not that jamaicans arnt thriving in jamaica, they are, they own shops etc but they music industry is already locked down and owned by major companies and certain people, with out sounding crazy we know they run the world to, aint no1 braking into that circle unless your inducted by some masonic schitt...