Favorite 'The Wire' Character

1235»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »
    omar...as ruthless as hell was caught feelings over his boyfriend gettin killed after they robbed avon,

? did all this ? an get mad at the repercussions

You completely missed the point. Omar wasn't mad that the guy got killed. He chalked that up to the game. He was mad at the way they tortured him and then displayed him. Omar thought that was a violation to the rules of the game. And don't forget that was the only reason Omar was gunning for Stringer. Remember Stringer put the hit out on him on a Sunday while he was with his Grandmother. That too was a violation of the rules, and Stringer was warned about that. Even Avon let stringer know that there were certain things that even gangstas abided by out there. Stringer didn't really understand that, and broke them at will. As a result, it came back on him.

but the fact that omar kept robbin avon...he had to prove a point
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nahhh he caught feelings
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omar...as ruthless as hell was caught feelings over his boyfriend gettin killed after they robbed avon,

You completely missed the point. Omar wasn't mad that the guy got killed. He chalked that up to the game. He was mad at the way they tortured him and then displayed him. Omar thought that was a violation to the rules of the game. And don't forget that was the only reason Omar was gunning for Stringer. Remember Stringer put the hit out on him on a Sunday while he was with his Grandmother. That too was a violation of the rules, and Stringer was warned about that. Even Avon let stringer know that there were certain things that even gangstas abided by out there. Stringer didn't really understand that, and broke them at will. As a result, it came back on him.

He did, and even Omar acknowledged that. Again, the problem wasn't that String went after Omar. It's the way he did it. Remember, part of the reason that Avon felt comfortable enough to betray String the way he did is because he believed both Omar and the Brother had legitimate beefs.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

He did, and even Omar acknowledged that. Again, the problem wasn't that String went after Omar. It's the way he did it. Remember, part of the reason that Avon felt comfortable enough to betray String the way he did is because he believed both Omar and the Brother had legitimate beefs.

avon...had to betray string because string broke codes and put avon in harms way. but i think he could overlook that. the main reason is string off'd his nephew without his consent an string thought he was above the code that put him where he is.
    honestly it was only a few ? in the whole show that stayed true to the code....

avon , slim charles and bodie
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what code ?

the whole show showed it wasnt no real code in the streets

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    what code ?

the whole show showed it wasnt no real code in the streets

That's not true. Pretty much all them dudes played by an established set of rules, and it was referenced a lot. That's part of what made Marlo so dangerous. He was the first one to come onto the picture and just say "? all that."
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Y'all got me wanting to go re-watch the whole series and ? . I'd be up all night watching TV like I don't have to work in the morning lol smh..
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta go with michael, I always held out hope that dude was gonna listen to cutty and using boxing ro get out the hood but once dude pulled the trigger for the first time I finally realized ? just wasnt happening.