Assault weapons ban now highly unlikely: Senate Democrats won’t even include it in their bill

Options
2»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    ? (as in all people) need to let go of they guns already. It's not helping you survive, it's not he;ping against the government should they run up on ? , and all it does is escalate regular situations (say a robbery) into a life or death situation. ? is straight poison.
    a gun is an object, a tool, whatever. it doesn't make you DO anything. you can get your life right without some unnecessary "give up your guns" nonsense.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? (as in all people) need to let go of they guns already. It's not helping you survive, it's not he;ping against the government should they run up on ? , and all it does is escalate regular situations (say a robbery) into a life or death situation. ? is straight poison.

That's not true. There are many cases of home invasion robberies ending up with the robbers getting shot dead and the home owner being safe and secure. If the cops can't protect a murder victim, why should people not have a gun to protect themselves. You know what every murder victim has in common? The cops came by after the victim was murdered.

Proving my point. The robbers shouldn't die either. Taking someone's life because they tried to rob you is terrible, evil almost. Without guns it's nearly impossible. ? need to let that ? go. It's not worth someone's life.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not true. There are many cases of home invasion robberies ending up with the robbers getting shot dead and the home owner being safe and secure. If the cops can't protect a murder victim, why should people not have a gun to protect themselves. You know what every murder victim has in common? The cops came by after the victim was murdered.

Proving my point. The robbers shouldn't die either. Taking someone's life because they tried to rob you is terrible, evil almost. Without guns it's nearly impossible. ? need to let that ? go. It's not worth someone's life.

Why shouldn't a robber be shot dead if he or she tries to rob someone's home? How do we know if that robber wouldn't try to shoot the home owner for not cooperating? Not sure if you read the newspapers much but robbers have killed many home owners and business owners over the years, even people walking the streets, for not cooperating. I'm not gona take a chance if a ? is trying to rob me in my own home, Ima either try to stab or shoot him to death if given the chance. If you wana be trusting of the neighborhood stick up kid, that's your choice homie. Don't expect everybody else to lie down like an honorable victim like you would.
  • janklow
    Options
    Without guns it's nearly impossible.
    someone needs to read up on how murders are committed in this country

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/nyregion/24slay.html?ref=petitfamily&_r=0

Not it's not. If I ? tries to take something from me, Imma try with end his existence with no ? given and be glad I did it.

The savage muthfuckas who run up in this poor man's house obviously didn't feel the way you do:

The wife and two daughters of a prominent Connecticut endocrinologist were killed yesterday morning by two men who invaded their suburban home in Cheshire, held them hostage for hours, set fire to the house and then rammed three police cars with the family’s sport utility vehicle before they were subdued, the authorities said.

The doctor, William A. Petit Jr., 50, medical director of the Joslin Diabetes Center at the Hospital of Central Connecticut, survived the attack and staggered from the burning house with what a neighbor described as a ? head wound. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

Law enforcement officials in Cheshire, a prosperous suburb 15 miles north of New Haven, declined to identify the two men who were in custody, or the charges against them.

Neighbors of the Petits on Sorghum Mill Drive, in a subdivision of tall trees and manicured lawns, described a chilling sequence yesterday. They said the family’s house was suddenly engulfed in flames, police cars converged, and two young men — one with a shaved head and the other with closely cropped hair — ran from the house and tried to flee in one of the family’s vehicles.

“In Cheshire, we are not used to this type of event,” said Michael Cruess, the town’s police chief. “It’s very tragic, and it is probably going to reach right down to the roots of this community.”

The authorities said that Dr. Petit’s wife of 22 years, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11, were declared dead at the scene after the police and firefighters arrived at the home shortly after 9:30 a.m.

Ms. Hawke-Petit was co-director of the health center at the Cheshire Academy, a boarding and day school.

Hayley graduated in June from Miss Porter’s School in Farmington, and planned to attend Dartmouth, her father’s alma mater. Michaela was to enter the sixth grade at the Chase Collegiate School in Waterbury.

The authorities said that two men showed up at the Petit house early yesterday, but that it was unclear how they gained entry or what happened inside about 9 a.m. But at that point, the police said, either the mother or the 17-year-old daughter accompanied one of the two assailants in a family car to a local Bank of America branch, where she withdrew an undisclosed amount of cash.

“Bank employees were suspicious enough to contact the Cheshire Police Department, who immediately went to the bank and the victims’ residence to intercept the vehicle involved,” said Lt. J. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police.

He declined to comment on a report on The Hartford Courant’s Web site that Ms. Hawke-Petit had appeared at the bank and managed to slip a note to a bank employee that her family was being held hostage.

Details of what followed remained unclear yesterday, and law enforcement officials in Connecticut declined to comment on several questions about the case pending charges against the two men and their arraignment scheduled for today in State Superior Court in Meriden. They said autopsies would also be performed today by Connecticut’s chief medical examiner, and refused to discuss any evidence or whether the deaths resulted from the fire or an assault.

Lieutenant Vance said the first police officer to arrive at the Petit house saw that it was on fire and saw two men trying to flee in a car. When the officer tried to block the men, they rammed his police cruiser, Sergeant Vance said.

The officer then called for help, and fellow members of the Cheshire Police Department positioned two more police cars nose-to-nose as a barricade a few houses away.

A neighbor, Anton Rao, an optometrist who described himself as a close friend of the Petits’, said the two men drove into the police barricade at close to 60 miles per hour, and crashed through it before their car broke down and came to a halt.

Dr. Rao said he was on his way home about 9:30 a.m. when he saw the police with rifles outside the Petit house. He said he parked his car and continued on foot along a path in the backyards of the subdivision to reach his own house. “I told my own kids to go to the basement and lock the doors,” he said yesterday, choking back tears.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

More people in America are killed with hammers, bats and knives then guns. I guess it's time to ban all knives and home workshop tools now. Let's ban tree limbs while we're at it.
  • janklow
    Options
    or, for the more left-leaning posters, just remember all the times gun control was pushed for and passed because either "we can't have MINORITIES with these guns" and/or "gun crime might affect rich, IMPORTANT people after all"
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im shooting...made u look
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Do you value your life as much as your possessions?, don't be a stupid ? learn a lesson."

SMH @ dudes killing over material possessions. I know for a fact y'all haven't been robbed before because you would know not to reach for anything or your whole frame would get lit up something serious.

If you were smart you would let them take the material and calmly call the police. You only live once stupid. That fake ass watch you were wearing isn't worth your life SMH.

P.S. I'm not talking home invasions, but even then you should lock yourself in a room, call the police, and have the heat ready. Going after a robber even in your own house is crazy and puts you at a disadvantage.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

More people in America are killed with hammers, bats and knives then guns. I guess it's time to ban all knives and home workshop tools now. Let's ban tree limbs while we're at it.

Now compare how many people in America die by guns vs. other countries, and that should clear everything up.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sooner or later 3-d printing technology will make a any kind of gun ban useless anyway. people will just make their own ? guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    "Do you value your life as much as your possessions?, don't be a stupid ? learn a lesson."

SMH @ dudes killing over material possessions. I know for a fact y'all haven't been robbed before because you would know not to reach for anything or your whole frame would get lit up something serious.

If you were smart you would let them take the material and calmly call the police. You only live once stupid. That fake ass watch you were wearing isn't worth your life SMH.

P.S. I'm not talking home invasions, but even then you should lock yourself in a room, call the police, and have the heat ready. Going after a robber even in your own house is crazy and puts you at a disadvantage.

Sorry man that's complete ? . You need to go online and do research on store owners who shot dead ? who dared tried to rob their store. Anyone trying to rob me in my home will either be pumped full of bullets or stabbed so hard my knife will stick around for maggots to climb on. Robberies are very rare in states that have loose gun control laws, why? Because mufuckas don't wana take a chance trying to rob a dude with a gun. There are more robberies and shootings in cities with tight gun laws then cities with loose ones, I wonder why.............
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    sooner or later 3-d printing technology will make a any kind of gun ban useless anyway. people will just make their own ? guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

Hallelujah lol.....the White House and some people in Congress wana ban guns so they can have the monopoly on control. Govt should fear the people, not the other way around......
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited March 2013
    Options

Sorry man that's complete ? . You need to go online and do research on store owners who shot dead ? who dared tried to rob their store. Anyone trying to rob me in my home will either be pumped full of bullets or stabbed so hard my knife will stick around for maggots to climb on. Robberies are very rare in states that have loose gun control laws, why? Because mufuckas don't wana take a chance trying to rob a dude with a gun. There are more robberies and shootings in cities with tight gun laws then cities with loose ones, I wonder why.............

And if it was gang related in any way, now you got some money on your head..... SMH you clearly don't think things through, and you clearly don't reside in a neighborhood where ? like that goes down so just stop.
  • janklow
    Options
    If you were smart you would let them take the material and calmly call the police.
    because no one has ever been injured or killed in a crime where they just went along.
    well, hell, why even "have the heat ready" and call the police? just let them do whatever they want and surely it will all work out well in the end!
    Now compare how many people in America die by guns vs. other countries, and that should clear everything up.
    do you want to pull suicides out of that data, or would that be inconvenient for your claims?

• kingblaze84
    Options

And if it was gang related in any way, now you got some money on your head..... SMH you clearly don't think things through, and you clearly don't reside in a neighborhood where ? like that goes down so just stop.

I've ? up some gang bangers several times over petty ? and nothing happened to me aside from a few death threats to my cell phone. That's okay because they know I'm crazy enough to retaliate right back, and nothing has happened. I'm not gonna live my life in fear, ever. Whatever is meant to be is meant to be. If I blast off some people for good reason and their peoples wana ride, I'm down for a little riding too. I'm from the South Bronx, few things scare me lol....as I said before, people are less likely to ? with you if they know you got heat.....
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The gun ? NRA is wrong cause they do whatever it takes to spread fear into gunaholics like the government is going to take away their guns in the middle of the night.

The government will take your guns, that's why I'm so proud of those NRA ? . Instead of ? ' out they dug in their heels, stood firm, and killed this ? . I always used the analogy of smoking in public places. At first smoking bans started off as "common sense," legislation, now you have a situation (e.g. New York City,) where a ? can't smoke in the park or on the beach. Some places like Oakland are really doing the fool, you can't smoke at ANYWHERE in public. The NRA knows this, they know if they give one issue, (no matter how sensible it may be,) it will only encourage the opposition to press forward on other gun control measures which will eventually lead to the Second Amendment being overturned.

Amen brotha.....I gained a lot of respect for the NRA this month

They better over turn this ? in New York though
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    or, for the more left-leaning posters, just remember all the times gun control was pushed for and passed because either "we can't have MINORITIES with these guns" and/or "gun crime might affect rich, IMPORTANT people after all"

Ether
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how they are finally suspending the 7 round mag limit, so the 10 round mags could be sold in stores, but still say you can't put more than 7 rounds in the ? . Pure ? geniuses I swear... (rolls eyes)
  • janklow
    Options
    They better over turn this ? in New York though
    you might need to sent them down to MD next