Options
2»

Comments

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    sully wrote: »
    Do Nas stans really have that much of an insecurity regarding the guy whose poster they suck off every night that they think everything that any topic that has been rapped about after Nas has done it was directly bitten off Nas?

Newton and Liebniz came up with Calculus at the same time in two different parts of Europe, you really think that two MC's from New York, almost 20 years apart, couldn't have decided to make an ode to the city they have been rapping about for over 2 decades?

Get off yourselves and get out into the real world.

Besides, Jay didn't even come up with the song. He got it from two songwriters who wanted him to perform it on his album
    The song is an anthemic ode to both artists' native New York, and features a music sample of "Love on a Two-Way Street" (1970), written by Sylvia Robinson and Bert Keyes and performed by The Moments. "Empire State of Mind" was originally written by Brooklyn natives Angela Hunte and Jane't "Jnay" Sewell-Ulepic who were feeling homesick while on an overseas trip in February 2009. The following month they sent the song in for consideration at Roc Nation, although it received negative reviews. Initially discouraged, the duo sent the song to Jay-Z after a suggestion by an associate of EMI Music Publishing (EMI), and after an incident which they described as an omen.

This isn't a Nas stan thread. Tomp is the biggest Jay Z stan on this forum. That is why he mentions him in someway in most of his posts.

Well, my point still stands, even if i'm wrong about Tomp.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The song does nothing for me tho I go to NY like once a month that city is overrated imo

co sign i live in the tri state area. the only reason i go to the city is to go to an event at MSG. Concerts and or sporting events at the garden >>>> any other arena.

Ct barely even counts as tri state lol, yall more New England than Mid Atlantic

lol yo when did this happen? ? aint make this up to be cool, the area has been called the tri-state area for the longest time....NYC metro expands 3 states...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    The song does nothing for me tho I go to NY like once a month that city is overrated imo

co sign i live in the tri state area. the only reason i go to the city is to go to an event at MSG. Concerts and or sporting events at the garden >>>> any other arena.

lol yo when did this happen? ? aint make this up to be cool, the area has been called the tri-state area for the longest time....NYC metro expands 3 states...

im just saying, CT is a New England State, it doesn't even border the city
  • a_list
    Options

That has nothing to do with anythng, Thousands of people commute to the city for work on the daily....When I first moved back to Ct I did that ? ....My local channels are NYC..... Thats like saying Deleware isnt apart of the Philly Tri-state area.....
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign. This like getting jiggy wit it its that single safe for crackas to slap at sports events out loud and act like they down.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

That has nothing to do with anythng, Thousands of people commute to the city for work on the daily....When I first moved back to Ct I did that ? ....My local channels are NYC..... Thats like saying Deleware isnt apart of the Philly Tri-state area.....

Delaware is much more intergrated into the core Philly area, it has no MSA or CSA of its own, unlike CT, which is also culturally more like the rest of New England. my point is when people saying Tristate, they really just mean NY and NJ
  • sully
    Options

Delaware is much more intergrated into the core Philly area, it has no MSA or CSA of its own, unlike CT, which is also culturally more like the rest of New England. my point is when people saying Tristate, they really just mean NY and NJ

they wouldn't refer to it as the tri-state then
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

yet thats what they mean. if you were to ask most people what are the three states in the "Tristate Area" the vast majority would say NY-NJ-PA or something dumb like NY-NJ-LI. even within NYC and NJ, people would say that
  • a_list
    Options

yet thats what they mean. if you were to ask most people what are the three states in the "Tristate Area" the vast majority would say NY-NJ-PA or something dumb like NY-NJ-LI. even within NYC and NJ, people would say that

Yo look up nyc tri-state and tell me what its says...Stamford Ct is like 25 minutes outside of NYC, you really think that they are more like the rest of New England? lol.......yo How you gonna say tri-state and name two states? lol I turn to the news and they say covering the tri-state ny, nj, ct.....Yo, you trying really hard but be its been the try state before wer was born, you cant change that.....
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Yo look up nyc tri-state and tell me what its says...Stamford Ct is like 25 minutes outside of NYC, you really think that they are more like the rest of New England? lol.......yo How you gonna say tri-state and name two states? lol I turn to the news and they say covering the tri-state ny, nj, ct.....Yo, you trying really hard but be its been the try state before wer was born, you cant change that.....

dog....it takes like 45-1 hr to get to NYC from there, idk why you upset, Connecticut is just irrelevant in every sense of the word, they do their own thing up there
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we got a Jay-Z hate thread by buttah_b, international, and now tomp

all we need is one by GalouDaBklynFag and that'll complete the Nas-dickriding quartet.

Word if someone has a criticism of Jay-Z it immediately has something to do with Nas. Yea, Sully the medical major who knows everything about the world. Keep sonnin us.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Hilarious how this sully cat is obsessed with Nas and he's the epitome of a smart dumb person himself. Didn't even realize this thread was made in 2009.
  • sully
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Hilarious how this sully cat is obsessed with Nas and he's the epitome of a smart dumb person himself. Didn't even realize this thread was made in 2009.

I gave you ether b/c you got me. I should just retire my account. Imagine my embarrassment when I realized I responded to a 4-year-old thread that other people were responding to as well, with a post that wasn't just specific to the OP.

I guess I should just retire my IC accound now that I got called out by you.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

I gave you ether b/c you got me. I should just retire my account. Imagine my embarrassment when I realized I responded to a 4-year-old thread that other people were responding to as well, with a post that wasn't just specific to the OP.

Ya or you could just get off my ? . That would be nice.
  • sully
    Options

Ya or you could just get off my ? . That would be nice.

ZERO.GIF

^^^number of ? I could give about you.

• a_list
    edited April 2013
    Options

dog....it takes like 45-1 hr to get to NYC from there, idk why you upset, Connecticut is just irrelevant in every sense of the word, they do their own thing up there

I would let this b.s ride but yo this is crazy....lol at no point during this exchange was I mad because you are really talking about ? that you know nothing about with a lot of conviction, ? is comedy.... So lets go to class..

Tri-state area
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tri-state area is an area associated with a particular town or metropolis that lies across three states. Some, but not all, of these involve a state boundary tripoint.

The most frequently referenced tri-state area is that associated with the New York metropolitan area, which covers parts of the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut

The New York metropolitan area, commonly referred to as the "Tri-state area," includes the most populous city in the United States (New York City); counties comprising Long Island and the lower Hudson Valley in New York State; the six largest cities in New Jersey (Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Trenton, and Clifton) and their vicinities; six of the seven largest cities in Connecticut (Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, and Danbury), as well as their vicinities; and Pike County, Pennsylvania.

According to Travel Math

The driving distance from Bronx, New York to Stamford, Connecticut is:
    25 miles / 40 km

The driving distance from Bronx, New York to Greenwich, Connecticut is:
    20 miles / 32 km

The driving distance from Bronx, New York to Norwalk, Connecticut is:
    34 miles / 55 km

Lol yo facts chump opinions any day, like i said this ? wasnt made up for us to try to be apart of something....We not trying to be cool...lol Next time raise ya hand and ask questions instead of talking ? that you dont know....

Most people will tell you that the Maso/ Dixon line divides north from south, when its actually the border between Pa and MD.... so they are wrong.....MD wanted Philly and Pa wasnt having it so a line was drawn by surveyors Mason and Dixon 20 miles south of philly way before the south seperated from the union...lol that one is on the house sun......I'm done here class dismissed