Bam Bam Bigelow
Dr. Tom Pritchard
Saturn
Terry Taylor
Brad Armstrong
Ed "The Bull" Gantner
The British Bulldog
The Sinister Minister

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/15-superstars-who-shouldve-been-bigger-deals/

Wasn't most of these there own damn fault?

Comments

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    British Bulldog not a big deal? Maybe because he didn't hold WWF title I assume. Terry Andrews was in a car accident so I see that's why. Blitzkrieg with a good lucha style and I agree with Raven.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrees with Mark Jindrak, Raven & Bam Bam. Magnum TA was in an accident. Bulldog was a big star as he could be I believe. Mike Awesome....they may have a point with him. Huge, skilled, athletic, Vince's ? . Candido was going nowhere fast, neither was Red Rooster or Dr. Tom. They were all tainted with ? gimmicks.

Hakushi is a surprise addition, as is Blitzkrieg. I didn't think WWE knew Blitzkrieg existed.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Sean Ohaire coulda been Brocktista. Dude was amazing imo in his first few years especially in WCW teaming up with Jindrak. Jindrak is actually huge in mexico last time i checked.

Some died early : Texas Tordano, Pillman, The Wall (WCW)/Malice (TNA)

Some got screwed by poor storylines: Hassan

Some never reached it due to their own fault or management just never wanted them to be the top guy so kept implanting excuses of not wanting it bad enough to the ICW.. I like to call it politics: Shelton, Morrison, Matt Morgan, Elix Skipper

Some ? just didnt have the heart for it to make a long enough impact: Heidenrich, *Nathan Jones

Some chose family over the business: Monty Brown, Sonny Siaki

*I dunno some people argue that Nathan Jones sucked tho but imo he looked cool as ? doing those Karate moves at his size.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Candido failed to get because the gave him that ? blond gimmick.
    Sean o Haire had a decent push in 2003
    Raven was buried like most ecw stars in the WWE
    Blitzkrieg left the business too early
  • jono
    Kerry von Erich (Texas Tornado) only had one foot and drug issues...if he had come to the Fed sooner....man I don't think Warrior would have had a chance in hell of being more over than him.

I'm surprised Rick Rude isn't on here. Despite winning a world title in WCW he deserved one in the Fed too. Dude was carrying Warrior ? ass to some pretty good matches. He had everything Vince was looking for.

I'm also peeved that Perfect wasn't mentioned, everybody and they mama that was a wrestling fan knows he and DiBiase should have been World Champions in the Fed.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Kerry von Erich (Texas Tornado) only had one foot and drug issues...if he had come to the Fed sooner....man I don't think Warrior would have had a chance in hell of being more over than him.

I'm surprised Rick Rude isn't on here. Despite winning a world title in WCW he deserved one in the Fed too. Dude was carrying Warrior ? ass to some pretty good matches. He had everything Vince was looking for.

I'm also peeved that Perfect wasn't mentioned, everybody and they mama that was a wrestling fan knows he and DiBiase should have been World Champions in the Fed.

I think Mr.perfect not being wwf champion is the one that really ? me off the most.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    The weird son of Dusty Rhodes was world champion material from 96-98 imo.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think like jake the snake, for perfect it fit that he never was champion......but he shoulda been competing in matches for it....against bret, Shawn etc.....but his back injury really ? his career and life ultimately up
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Still sleeping on Chris Master & Goldust. Also Gangrel.
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Can't forget Viscera!!!!!!!!
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O'Haire could have gone places out of that group
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    O'Haire had always made me think about Batista, not only did they kinda look alike but it seems like WWE kinda gave Dave the push that Sean could of got.

Always expected Chuck Palumbo to go places in WWE. When him and O'haire were tag teaming they wont a bad team but I was looking for him to break out on the singles scene too but they ? that dude over with that Billy & Chuck ? , then had the nerve to bring him back as with a rip off of Takers bad ass gimmick using just the name "Chuck" I remember they turned him heel after like a month n a half and then he just vanished.

And after the years he spent in the WWE I was surprised they never done ? with ? Holly. Maybe they felt they owed him after he got his neck broke so they threw him in a short feud with Brock Lesnar when Brock was the champ & on the rise, I remember Holly beating brocks ass but never getting that win even though I wanted him to.
  • jono
    ? Holly is a charisma vacuum. I think even with the longevity he had nobody cared about him that much. He had a few botched pushes though. His ECW push was shot in the ass before it started. For that that don't remember:
    Holly had his back slashed open in a match on WWECW vs RVD (Holly was a heel), he got incredibly over afterwards (face pops) and Vince forced Heyman to turn him heel again. This was all leading up to that December to Dismember ? .
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gangrel
    2 cold Scorpio