Who here has had a parent pass away? If Yes, What is it that You...

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is that you think will happen? Do you believe that one day you will see them again when your time comes to leave this Earth, physically? Do you find yourself seeing any signs of them being around? Anything that makes you think their energy or spirit is nearby?

Or do you think that it is now finished, any contact?

Comments

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother passed in may of 2011
    I believe when people die, our souls "recycle" and come back as another being.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother passed. Yes, I do believe we will be reunited again. That is the only way I have been able to deal with such a profound loss.

She used to visit my dreams and yes I have had some instances where her presence has been known.

I do not believe in reincarnation.
  • KLICHE
    Options
    I lost my mother in March 2012 to pancreatic cancer.

I think like MissK said, I think what has kept me going is the belief that we'll be able to unite again. Keeps me doing good in a way to try honor all she taught to me and did for me.

I had the dream once where she was just smiling the hugest of smiles, and when I awoke just felt comfort like seeing her face with that expression made me so much calmer in dealing with it all.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a similar dream. She just smiled. She was at a distance and I kept trying to get her to come closer. I was sad when I woke up but once I reflected I really believe that she was trying to tell me she was okay, no pain and that I needed to move on with my own life. Last thing she would want is me dwelling on the past and the heartbreak.

• KLICHE
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    I had a similar dream. She just smiled. She was at a distance and I kept trying to get her to come closer. I was sad when I woke up but once I reflected I really believe that she was trying to tell me she was okay, no pain and that I needed to move on with my own life. Last thing she would want is me dwelling on the past and the heartbreak.

Definitely! They wouldn't want to see or know we were always sad and not moving forward in a positive way. But funny you mentioned that, as when I saw my Mother in my dream others were around in my dream, living people, but she didn't come closer, remianed at a distance just smiling to me. On another occassion I was having a bad dream of our father who we all had a troubled relationship with and I just remember her saying to me "don't dream that" about the bad stuff, and I said "I love you" and I woke up, again quite calm. I just sort of smiled to myself in that moment and went to sleep again.