Replica Universe

THExGREATxAPE
THExGREATxAPE Members Posts: 10
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
Do you think that scientists will ever be able to build an exact replica of the universe that we currently live in? If so then just imagine how many replica universes there already may be, for all we know we could be currently living in a replica universe.

Comments

• TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    Im sure in the future assumeing 2012 wont happen and we wont end up killing all of eachother, that we could eventually reach that level of technology, and it is entirely possible that we could make a replica universe. maybe we could put excess people into this exact replica of our universe only people arent in it. it would be like heaven no? id say ? this universe and step into that one. I that would make it possible for both creationism and evolution are right. we did come from apes, but we got onto this earth because "? " put us there, which was really other humans.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Build no, but I think we will be able to discover galaxies exactly like ours, suns, moons, planets, water, life all of it. I do think if we lasted long enough we possibly could built our own galaxie somehow but I highly doubt it, not becuase we are dumb or its impossible but because we would continually have to change planets and have the technology to, find a way to create a light source that acts just as the sun does, we have weapons that can destroy us all n likely will eventually, and if we do have the ability to do all this chances are we run into another life form that will destroy us.
  • THExGREATxAPE
    edited April 2010
    I that would make it possible for both creationism and evolution are right. we did come from apes, but we got onto this earth because "? " put us there, which was really other humans.
    exactly, i feel like the creator probably did not make each one of us individually but i feel like he gave us the right circumstances to live (like for example creating a universe) and then wouldn't that make "? " just a regular human (I am assuming that a human created a replica universe)...also maybe another set of beings already went through all the same technological revolution that we are going through right now and learned how to create a universe or even a galaxy and that is what we are living in right now
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    exactly, i feel like the creator probably did not make each one of us individually but i feel like he gave us the right circumstances to live (like for example creating a universe) and then wouldn't that make "? " just a regular human (I am assuming that a human created a replica universe)...also maybe another set of beings already went through all the same technological revolution that we are going through right now and learned how to create a universe or even a galaxy and that is what we are living in right now

But what about the connundrum? who came first? which one is "real"? if we are ? , and ? also created us, did we not create.....ourselves? scary concept no?
  • THExGREATxAPE
    edited April 2010
    But what about the connundrum? who came first? which one is "real"? if we are ? , and ? also created us, did we not create.....ourselves? scary concept no?
    yes it is definitely a crazy concept lol...the biggest conundrum to me would be who was the first 'creator' because everything had to start somewhere right?
  • c_gutta1
    c_gutta1 Members Posts: 87
    edited April 2010

The Thirteenth Floor!

Aren't you guys playing Scattergories?.. lol

On a semi-seriously note.. im not sure, but the CERN particle accelerator is supposed to create the conditions of the big bang... who knows, maybe everytime the crash those particles they create a pocket universe.?... doubt it tho.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Schrödinger's cat, nicca. Quantum suicide! Brain in a vat!
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    i dont think so.. we wont have that type of technology till your kids kids kids kids are born.. maybe.. unless an einstein clone or some smart white guys finds a way.. juss think of the universe as.. something infinite.. juss keeps on going and going and going.. theirs no way of mapping it..

The moon is seperating from the earth.. about a inch or so every year.. what will happen if the moon leaves us it will change sea levels, our protection from the asteroids and from the sun is reduced, equator will move melting ice caps- basically everything that happened in 2012, earthquakes, etc.... i dont think it will happen in 2012.. but it probably be like the movie..
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Na, we dont even know what it looks like from the outside.
  • THExGREATxAPE
    edited April 2010
    Na, we dont even know what it looks like from the outside.
    yea right now we don't, but just try and consider how fast technology is growing (almost at an exponential rate). In the 1950s if you would have tried to tell someone about cell phones and the internet and iPods they would have thought you just watched a new Sci-Fi movie, but now all of those things are real. IMO this means it is almost impossible for us to imagine what we will have in just 10-15 years, let alone in 200 years or even 1000 years.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    yea right now we don't, but just try and consider how fast technology is growing (almost at an exponential rate). In the 1950s if you would have tried to tell someone about cell phones and the internet and iPods they would have thought you just watched a new Sci-Fi movie, but now all of those things are real. IMO this means it is almost impossible for us to imagine what we will have in just 10-15 years, let alone in 200 years or even 1000 years.

So they will be selling small universe's like they do sea monkeys and ant farms today?

I doubt it.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited April 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Schrödinger's cat, nicca. Quantum suicide! Brain in a vat!

The future is made up of virtual insanity .. I aint going to break down my philosophy Im just a ? typing through his laptop, well at least to you I am. But think about how technology keeps progressing, we communicate more and more through the internet, email, bank acounts are online, news, social networking sites, twitter, etc .. Why the ? do we need ipads ? You can stream books, movies, its entertainment on a device. It does what you want keeps you satisfied, we are attached somewhat to technology. Heck, are cell phones even cell phones anymore ? I mean if ? out in Europe are trying to re-create the big bang with matter anti-matter .. what does that tell you about the future ? The future is uncertain. aight im done.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    The future is made up of virtual insanity .. I aint going to break down my philosophy Im just a ? typing through his laptop, well at least to you I am. But think about how technology keeps progressing, we communicate more and more through the internet, email, bank acounts are online, news, social networking sites, twitter, etc .. Why the ? do we need ipads ? You can stream books, movies, its entertainment on a device. It does what you want keeps you satisfied, we are attached somewhat to technology. Heck, are cell phones even cell phones anymore ? I mean if ? out in Europe are trying to re-create the big bang with matter anti-matter .. what does that tell you about the future ? The future is uncertain. aight im done.

and it also creates the lack of life long friends, because if you can talk to anyone anywhere, why would you talk to someone all the time? or maybe thats the fault of people never staying in the same state... and screw ipads. the song wasnt talking about technology exactly but these lyrics "i want it all, i want it all, and i want it nooooow!" it speaks to me about who we all want the newest stuff the most advanced and cool gadgets, we wanna spend well earned money on that stuff. perfect example is me sort of. I live in a crummy one bedroom apartment in the ghetto right now, and i have 2 big screen tvs, a wii a laptop dvr, and i pod, wireless internet, but we dont have the right pots and pans to make my favorite food.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited April 2010
    and it also creates the lack of life long friends, because if you can talk to anyone anywhere, why would you talk to someone all the time? or maybe thats the fault of people never staying in the same state... and screw ipads. the song wasnt talking about technology exactly but these lyrics "i want it all, i want it all, and i want it nooooow!" it speaks to me about who we all want the newest stuff the most advanced and cool gadgets, we wanna spend well earned money on that stuff. perfect example is me sort of. I live in a crummy one bedroom apartment in the ghetto right now, and i have 2 big screen tvs, a wii a laptop dvr, and i pod, wireless internet, but we dont have the right pots and pans to make my favorite food.

Technology creates lack of LIFE. We are sucked in sadly, an the crazy thing is there's people in the world that live without Tvs an all this extra ? an they live happy lives. also An on another note the govrnment is behind most of these products you buy .. they use facebook FBI CIA. just think about that. An who ever you are BUY SOME ? PANS, BUY ESSENTIAL things .. Cmon now that tv aint going to cook for you well at least not yet, the future is unpredictable make sure you get the most out of human interaction cuz the way we're headed i doubt there will be much of that. If a ? tell you look her up on facebook say NAH HOW ABOUT I CALL YOU.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Technology creates lack of LIFE. We are sucked in sadly, an the crazy thing is there's people in the world that live without Tvs an all this extra ? an they live happy lives. also An on another note the govrnment is behind most of these products you buy .. they use facebook FBI CIA. just think about that. An who ever you are BUY SOME ? PANS, BUY ESSENTIAL things .. Cmon now that tv aint going to cook for you well at least not yet, the future is unpredictable make sure you get the most out of human interaction cuz the way we're headed i doubt there will be much of that. If a ? tell you look her up on facebook say NAH HOW ABOUT I CALL YOU.

lol i intend to by some pots and pans as soon as a finish supporting my roommate who does not have a job. i didnt buy anyof the stuff i mentioned. the laptop and wii were gifts, and im a mover so i get the tvs for free. and as for dating a women of the internet.....i would want to meet "her" anyway. if it smells like ? take it home, if it smells like cologne leave it alone
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    lol i intend to by some pots and pans as soon as a finish supporting my roommate who does not have a job. i didnt buy anyof the stuff i mentioned. the laptop and wii were gifts, and im a mover so i get the tvs for free. and as for dating a women of the internet.....i would want to meet "her" anyway. if it smells like ? take it home, if it smells like cologne leave it alone

i could live without the tv and what not as long as i had books. sounds lame, but its true. and facebook is just another version of what this is, but instead of discussions its nothin but what youre doin or thinkin no matter how stupid it is. i have a facebook, but i havent checked it in a couple of months. weirdly enough now that i talk about it i want to check it. is it not possible for technology to be as addicting as any drug? of course its possible. people get addicted to the weirdest things. sex, tv, other people, model cars, lazertag, videogames. it goes on and on. remember i did say sort of when i put my first post.