Have blacks become irrevelant?

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
It seems as so we have become a permanent underclass. We are viewed as a burden to this nation which I believe is putting us in a dangerous position. What is even more disturbing is the general disengagement from our people when it comes to the state of blacks in this country. And too many times we confuse individual success with the success of an entire group of people. Case and point we have a so called black president yet black unemployment is at it's highest since 1984. And black men continue to feel up these prisons. I read somewhere that 1 of 3 black men will go to prison at some point in their life and generally receive longer sentences than white inmates. Am I over exaggerating or am I correct in the assumption that something is very wrong the current condition of blacks in this country.

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    INB4 posts that end with "my lambo is blue".

But yeh, those of lower classes are typically less relevant.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, can't believe what the media pushes on us. That is another form of control.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relax B. Black people have always made a high percentage of the prison pop. Debtors prisons, Jim Crow laws, drug laws man the ? down stop.

That should address your point about blacks being a permanent underclass. Go read The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. In fact though, people have peeped the struggle for decades man. There's two Americas, one for the "rich" and one for the "poor", there just aren't enough blacks on the "rich" side.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I can't remember what the report was called, but it stated that Blacks spend the most amount of money on products here in the United States, the number one consumers were Black ppl, I can't remember what that report was called, but I don't think black ppl have become irrelevant, I'd say we become more ? , depending on other races more than anything...I don't know when the last time I walked into a black owned store not being a hair salon or barbershop, I'd say even back in the late 50s and 60s even when I was coming up, There were lots of black owned businesses, mom and pop record stores, mom and pop restaurants, ect, black folks back then done for themselves more so, now we depending on everyone else, and that has made us IMO ? as a race not irrelevant. We are making other races richer rather than making our own rich
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I can't remember what the report was called, but it stated that Blacks spend the most amount of money on products here in the United States, the number one consumers were Black ppl
    hmmm... there's got to be a slightly more nuanced notion at work here, because just percentage of the population-wise, it would be difficult for that to be accurate

• EtherealAmotekun
    EtherealAmotekun Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. we are more.relevant than ever.
    Besides functioning as.a societal scapegoat scientists are breaking down the black body and extracting data. You won't hear about it because of coded language and media blackouts.

But there is a reason that black folks leave morgues and hospitals with organs missing.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I can't remember what the report was called, but it stated that Blacks spend the most amount of money on products here in the United States, the number one consumers were Black ppl
    hmmm... there's got to be a slightly more nuanced notion at work here, because just percentage of the population-wise, it would be difficult for that to be accurate

it's per capita
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. we are more.relevant than ever.
    Besides functioning as.a societal scapegoat scientists are breaking down the black body and extracting data. You won't hear about it because of coded language and media blackouts.

But there is a reason that black folks leave morgues and hospitals with organs missing.

Truth
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    it's per capita
    ah, okay, that makes more sense
    well hello new weird conspiracy theory for today

EDIT: @AJackson17: i mean, you could DEFEND your crazy-ass conspiracy theory if you wanted, but since you have already declared your angry feelings, let me just respond to any explanation with: ahahahahaha
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options