Individuel Independent Empowerment Religious Quote thread

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Sense, Knowledge, Freedom of doubt and deception, forgiveniss, Truthlovingness, self control and calmness, happiness and pain, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, non violence, equality, satisfaction, soberness, compassion, honour and disgrace are all created by Me alone.

no one is ? with Me son.

It's from the bhagavad gita. the hindu bible if you will

Forgive the lameness of the thread title, but since this is a '' religion and race' forum, we might as well post quotes from religious scrolls that straight up empower the individuel mind and condemn religion and race. These powerfull quotes might help you out when you are troubled, stressed out etc and might help us all out with some new interesting literature. I'll try to post more later on. Feel free to post quotes from whatever religion you like

Comments

• TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Judgenot lest ye be judged

take the plank out of your own eye before attempting to remove the speck from your brothers
    "its okay to ? them, because they are already dead" which is a rough translation of a poem that might have been the bhada vita if im not mistaken.

be kind to strangers because for all you know they could be me

"nothing in this book is true but everything is" look that one up its an interesting take on religion
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If it comes from something else how can it be independent or individual?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    If it comes from something else how can it be independent or individual?

Because 'It' is. or we would not Be.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Because 'It' is. or we would not Be.

Well, if IT is and we would not be because of it, doesn't that make us dependent?