• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    taeboo wrote: »
    What rights do black women and ? black men have that hetero black men don't??

Don't act like I'm presenting you with new information, all you have to do is look around
    Family court law is 100% anti-male. This is the only tool that women need to protect their rights. It's also the most powerful tool in the west when it comes to protecting women's rights. The ? rights movement has multi-million dollar lobby machine in DC, if someone or something is too anti-? they are absolutely blacklisted across the nation and you know this. ? are one of the only groups powerful enough to go up against the first amendment

You didn't answer my question. How does family court protect women's rights?? How does the ? lobby go against the first amendment??

I did answer your question, you chose not to actually understand the answer, but I can keep going. Women get child custody in like 95% regardless of the state of the woman in most cases. This usually mean child support payments. Family courts will enforce child support to the point of throwing a hard working man in jail if he falls behind in payments, thus creating a negative feedback debt cycle. How come visitation is rarely, if ever, enforced? How come most police domestic violence protocol calls for the man to be immediately removed from the house regardless of what actually transpired? How come a man can still be forced to pay alimony to a woman who is cohabitating with someone else? Again, I can keep going

? have cultivated a very specific image in current american culture. Most people who publicly speak out against ? are ostracized and many of their money-making opportunities are negatively affected. Imagine if black men had a political machine with this power

None of the things about family court have anything to with rights, is family court unfair...very much so. It doesn't impede on any rights tho. A person can't publically speak out against minorities either. Let a white person coming out and say negetive about blacks and the same thing happens.

I really don't like to wack posts but this was absolutely a wack post. When you feel like you want to have an adult discussion about the issues that I have laid out for you to clearly see, then let me know

Oh and I guess you're right because even that Imus dude got fired. Of course, he did get another almost identical job like the following week at a different radio station so I'm not sure of how much of a lesson he learned.

But you haven't laid anything out for me to see. You haven't named one actual right that black women and ? men have that black men don't.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear i didnt real one word in that article after noticing how long it was.

All this "black x fault" ? need to stop, the whole community is in a ? place right now and unless we can lean on each other and be strong we going to forever be last in everything that doesnt have to do with being another people's ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like something white people would say
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always ugly motherfuckas write stuff like this, men and women.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, this type of stuff has no effect on me at all. It causes no emotion.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    What rights do black women and ? black men have that hetero black men don't??

Don't act like I'm presenting you with new information, all you have to do is look around
    Family court law is 100% anti-male. This is the only tool that women need to protect their rights. It's also the most powerful tool in the west when it comes to protecting women's rights. The ? rights movement has multi-million dollar lobby machine in DC, if someone or something is too anti-? they are absolutely blacklisted across the nation and you know this. ? are one of the only groups powerful enough to go up against the first amendment

You didn't answer my question. How does family court protect women's rights?? How does the ? lobby go against the first amendment??

I did answer your question, you chose not to actually understand the answer, but I can keep going. Women get child custody in like 95% regardless of the state of the woman in most cases. This usually mean child support payments. Family courts will enforce child support to the point of throwing a hard working man in jail if he falls behind in payments, thus creating a negative feedback debt cycle. How come visitation is rarely, if ever, enforced? How come most police domestic violence protocol calls for the man to be immediately removed from the house regardless of what actually transpired? How come a man can still be forced to pay alimony to a woman who is cohabitating with someone else? Again, I can keep going

? have cultivated a very specific image in current american culture. Most people who publicly speak out against ? are ostracized and many of their money-making opportunities are negatively affected. Imagine if black men had a political machine with this power

None of the things about family court have anything to with rights, is family court unfair...very much so. It doesn't impede on any rights tho. A person can't publically speak out against minorities either. Let a white person coming out and say negetive about blacks and the same thing happens.

I really don't like to wack posts but this was absolutely a wack post. When you feel like you want to have an adult discussion about the issues that I have laid out for you to clearly see, then let me know

Oh and I guess you're right because even that Imus dude got fired. Of course, he did get another almost identical job like the following week at a different radio station so I'm not sure of how much of a lesson he learned.

But you haven't laid anything out for me to see. You haven't named one actual right that black women and ? men have that black men don't.

I can see that this discussion is gonna sail right over your head so I'm just gonna stop. I need to get ready for work and there's no point in me throwing out more titangraphs if no one is gonna read for comprehension, especially when all you wanna do is nitpick over semantics. Disregard my other posts let the black man bashing and black woman victimizing continue, I hear it really contributes to intellectual growth.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    The constant ? match of "I have it worse I'm a black man" "No I have it worse I'm a black woman"...maybe if both sides acknowledge that each other has it rough and stop trying to be win the award for Who Got ? Over The Most some strides could be made

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black men are like 60% responsible of the communities while black women are 40% responsible.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    The gender wars need to die

FOREVER
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    KingJamal wrote: »
    The gender wars need to die

FOREVER

The gender war started with the onset of both 2nd wave feminism and planned parenthood. Both institutions exist primarily in the women's sphere of influence
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about everything Civic is saying, but I agree that feminism. I understand that women needed to fight for their rights, but that doesn't even seem to be the point of ? feminism to me. Seems more like they believe they are some group of freedom fighters trying to overthrow the evil male dictatorship.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    jono wrote: »
    Black women have it incredibly rough in this world, I will agree that a lot of Black men don't recognize that or do anything to help them. Black men got it hard but Black women have it twice as hard being double minorities.

yes, yes

when it comes sexism black men ( not all but more than a few) are either silent, in denial and/or quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege

take for example, in regards to issues that effect blk women in particular like single motherhood, domestic violence, and poverty they rather question a woman's moral character, emotional/mental state, intelligence, etc instead of addressing the challenges sexism as well as racism pose for these women

and no its not just black men, its all men. the opportunity to degrade/objectify women never fails to bring them together

Sexism is not as bad for black women as racism is bad for black men. Not even close. It is more acceptable to Non-Black America to be black if you're a woman than if a man. Far more.

lol this is not a contest or am i trolling, bruh. just trying to have an honest discussion

and at the end of the day black women have to deal with sexism AND racism in a country where not only more than half of americans living in poverty are women but a growing number of politicians are arguing that a woman should not have control of her own ? ....

smh. you will never know what it's like to feel the pressure of going through life attempting to push beyond boundaries that society has placed on me because not only because i am blk but i am also a woman. so please don't act like you do.

yes, sexism has always existed in the larger U.S. culture, which was and is a white, male dominated culture so ? the author of the article/letter whatever it is in the o/p. but lets not act like blk men haven't been complicit it, unwittingly or not.

I think it's interesting that so many black women deem themselves smart enough to figure out what the problem is facing our people, yet they normally fail at being able to pinpoint where that problem actually arose from. Do your research and try and retain what you learn, how about trying that out? Throughout American history, any time that blacks as a people came together and gathered into an UNCONTROLLABLE economic force, we were purposefully and almost immediately torn down by outside forces. Black prosperity during the Reconstruction era was so great that labor unions and jim crow laws were created in opposition to our successes. Yes, these were BLACK MEN showing their productive strength and the country as a whole felt very threatened.

In America today black women have more rights than the straight black men. ? black men have more rights than the straight black man. ? have coopted the term Civil Rights completely. Under the guise of feminism, political interests have alienated black men from black women on a large scale. These days most black woman will defend feminist views much quicker than she will defend a black man. Black women were told that they didn't need a man to raise a child, and many ignorantly believed this outright lie, so the single mother household came into existence as a common American archetype.

You say half of all american women live in poverty? Boo ? hoo, 1/3 of all black men will end up in ? JAIL at some point in their lives. You know what type of black man is most likely to go to jail? A black man raised in a single mother household. 70% of all delinquents were raised in single mother homes. It seems to me that even with all of the facts out in the open, people still want to find a way to blame the black man for almost ALL problems that black women, as well as the rest of america face.

A woman with poor decision-making skills allows herself to be knocked up by someone who is not gonna stay around to raise their child. The child grows up in a house where all they hear is negative things about black men. If they child is a boy, he is placed in a public school system that calls him all kinds of remedial and ? and drugs him down with ritalin and pushes him out of the education system and into the prison industrial complex usually before 11th grade. Now bankers are making money simply off of a person being in a cage. Not only that, on the other side of the coin you have a mass push towards the emasculation of the black male in the media. Young black men have no role models to look up to besides homothug rappers and drug dealers.

There has been a very large-scale orchestrated effort to make the modern black man completely forget his place in human history. Knowledge of the culture of one's people is a large part of healthy self-esteem development. Lemme stop before I really get worked up

lol this is what i am talking about

instead of acknowledging the plight of black women and the sexism which serves to marginalize blk women that exist within our communities, you want to make this all about black men and question the character/intelligence of blk women. but its not our fault we aren't paid as much as men, we are often times overlooked for promotions in the workplace, we still are fighting for our reproductive rights , 1/4 women will be ? in her life time, etc

fact is black women routinely jump to defense of a black man. black women were the backbone of the civil rights movement. and today we are the ones on the ground leading the way in protests for the civil rights of both men and women, and demanding that our political voice is heard

but how can this relationship be called an equal partnership and how can we move forward when black men refuse to acknowledge sexism is still a very real problem in this country or are quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege thus supporting the idea that a group can and should be targeted, thus cementing their own marginalization

smh. take time to understand a black woman's pov instead of derailing the topic and making it about black men i.e. you. which most people in privilege social standing usually do when confronted.

yes you are man and being a man is global privilege.... black women have two oppressed social standings against them like most women of color. the first things to progress our understanding of each other is to listen. so please take a seat and listen young man...

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White women are the problem
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black women have it incredibly rough in this world, I will agree that a lot of Black men don't recognize that or do anything to help them. Black men got it hard but Black women have it twice as hard being double minorities.

yes, yes

when it comes sexism black men ( not all but more than a few) are either silent, in denial and/or quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege

take for example, in regards to issues that effect blk women in particular like single motherhood, domestic violence, and poverty they rather question a woman's moral character, emotional/mental state, intelligence, etc instead of addressing the challenges sexism as well as racism pose for these women

and no its not just black men, its all men. the opportunity to degrade/objectify women never fails to bring them together

Sexism is not as bad for black women as racism is bad for black men. Not even close. It is more acceptable to Non-Black America to be black if you're a woman than if a man. Far more.

lol this is not a contest or am i trolling, bruh. just trying to have an honest discussion

and at the end of the day black women have to deal with sexism AND racism in a country where not only more than half of americans living in poverty are women but a growing number of politicians are arguing that a woman should not have control of her own ? ....

smh. you will never know what it's like to feel the pressure of going through life attempting to push beyond boundaries that society has placed on me because not only because i am blk but i am also a woman. so please don't act like you do.

yes, sexism has always existed in the larger U.S. culture, which was and is a white, male dominated culture so ? the author of the article/letter whatever it is in the o/p. but lets not act like blk men haven't been complicit it, unwittingly or not.

Nothing you said even challenges what I said, which is that the racism black men face is worse than the sexism and racism black women face put together.

again this is not a contest

lol obviously my post are going over your head so let's just agree to disagree

Ok, so you're making a different point. I'm not insensitive to sexism, but I do think black men alone get the full force of anti-black racism.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold yourself to a higher standard an we will do the same.

i cant treat you like a hoe if you dont allow me to.

if you gave me the ass because i have a phd an benz then you get treated just like every other chick that gave me the ass for the same reasons.

act like a lady and i will treat you like one.
    men cant be ? mongers if there are no ? .

these are the women you glorify....not us

but you cant act like a ? an want to be treated like a lady, just like you cant expect a thug to act like gentlemen.

look for better people and not what they can provide for you and you will find the personality you are looking for.
    but you have to be able to live up to his standards also...which alot of chicks seem to forget
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, yes

Nothing you said even challenges what I said, which is that the racism black men face is worse than the sexism and racism black women face put together.

Ok, so you're making a different point. I'm not insensitive to sexism, but I do think black men alone get the full force of anti-black racism.

You trolling?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, yes

You trolling?

You don't think black women are more acceptable to White America? This seems obvious to me.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, yes

You trolling?

You don't think black women are more acceptable to White America? This seems obvious to me.

Yeah its obvious to me you trolling lol. That's some ignorant ? you talking, you might want to do some research.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White ppl hate black women
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I've learned about being a black man from my youth to now is If I don't see and show the best of me, nobody else will and that leaves room for persecution and unnecessary opposition..

I can talk about history and stats all day but when it boils down, it's all about who I am as a man..outside of race and within the bounderies of race, if I can't stand on my own and take responsibility for my actions, I'm really nothing, regardless of my race..

Alot of ? and brothers are too judgemental of the next man bcuz they feel inferior and feel the need to make comparisons and develope a competitive environment amongst peers..

As a whole I feel black men need to unite for peace and properity for our bloodlines..the future generations..alot of cats that make it, don't give back and alot of cats that don't have ? are in a survivalist frame of mind..black hollywood doesn't exist bcuz black dollars don't go back into black hollywood..if a black director becomes famous and is a money maker, he crosses over..so now his talent goes to making white dollars..

We have a nation of women not knowing how to be with a black man and vice versa bcuz as a whole I feel our race has been groomed to be confrontational over nuturing..we have forgotten how to talk and be honest with each other..

All I know is a black woman has no place talking down on the black man simply bcuz she isn't a black man..just like I really can't address and generalize all black women..the goal should be to uplift not chastise
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

yes, yes

You trolling?

Black women are double minorities

They get it really bad
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    KingJamal wrote: »

yes, yes

You trolling?

Black women are double minorities

They get it really bad

an we dont?

a black woman can walk into a room an people will look comment an may snub her

a black man walks into a room an everyone automatically take notice...we are an immediate threat..pocketbooks get found an watched now...dudes stick they chest out a bit more.

the room begins to watch his every move.
    this can be a good and bad thing...but most of the time...a ? like me dont want to be bothered an just want some moscato.