Comments

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black man aint the problem
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd bet this fat bish would say I'm "weak" and/or "boring" because I don't fit into her BET reinforced stereotype. Kind of like Skyler said, if you don't want "ain't ? ? ", you got to quit being an "ain't ? female". Wouldn't waste my time on a female like this because black men fall into 2 categories to her: dog or weak. She couldn't even appreciate a for real ass black man because she'd be too busy looking for things to put you into one of her 2 preconceived notions.

What really kills me is bishes like this will get ? on by white men and not have a problem with it. In fact they would make the same excuses for her white "? " that she trashes other black women for when they do the same thing for black men.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Black women have it incredibly rough in this world, I will agree that a lot of Black men don't recognize that or do anything to help them. Black men got it hard but Black women have it twice as hard being double minorities.

yes, yes

when it comes sexism black men ( not all but more than a few) are either silent, in denial and/or quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege

take for example, in regards to issues that effect blk women in particular like single motherhood, domestic violence, and poverty they rather question a woman's moral character, emotional/mental state, intelligence, etc instead of addressing the challenges sexism as well as racism pose for these women

and no its not just black men, its all men. the opportunity to degrade/objectify women never fails to bring them together

Sexism is not as bad for black women as racism is bad for black men. Not even close. It is more acceptable to Non-Black America to be black if you're a woman than if a man. Far more.

lol this is not a contest or am i trolling, bruh. just trying to have an honest discussion

and at the end of the day black women have to deal with sexism AND racism in a country where not only more than half of americans living in poverty are women but a growing number of politicians are arguing that a woman should not have control of her own ? ....

smh. you will never know what it's like to feel the pressure of going through life attempting to push beyond boundaries that society has placed on me because not only because i am blk but i am also a woman. so please don't act like you do.

yes, sexism has always existed in the larger U.S. culture, which was and is a white, male dominated culture so ? the author of the article/letter whatever it is in the o/p. but lets not act like blk men haven't been complicit it, unwittingly or not.

Nothing you said even challenges what I said, which is that the racism black men face is worse than the sexism and racism black women face put together.

again this is not a contest

lol obviously my post are going over your head so let's just agree to disagree

Ok, so you're making a different point. I'm not insensitive to sexism, but I do think black men alone get the full force of anti-black racism.

You trolling?

You don't think black women are more acceptable to White America? This seems obvious to me.

Black women are double minorities

They get it really bad

an we dont?

a black woman can walk into a room an people will look comment an may snub her

a black man walks into a room an everyone automatically take notice...we are an immediate threat..pocketbooks get found an watched now...dudes stick they chest out a bit more.

the room begins to watch his every move.
    this can be a good and bad thing...but most of the time...a ? like me dont want to be bothered an just want some moscato.

lol

fact is minority women face double discrimination in the workplace because of their race, we get paid less than blk men, as women of color face the social expectation of having to care for dependents and the perception is often that we are not as dedicated of workers as our male counterparts, we have to face the same bias/prejudices in the criminal justice system, we have to worry about being taken advantaged of by men, etc

i could go on and on

but i dunno why yall keep trying to make this a contest though. smh....

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Black women have it incredibly rough in this world, I will agree that a lot of Black men don't recognize that or do anything to help them. Black men got it hard but Black women have it twice as hard being double minorities.

yes, yes

when it comes sexism black men ( not all but more than a few) are either silent, in denial and/or quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege

take for example, in regards to issues that effect blk women in particular like single motherhood, domestic violence, and poverty they rather question a woman's moral character, emotional/mental state, intelligence, etc instead of addressing the challenges sexism as well as racism pose for these women

and no its not just black men, its all men. the opportunity to degrade/objectify women never fails to bring them together

Sexism is not as bad for black women as racism is bad for black men. Not even close. It is more acceptable to Non-Black America to be black if you're a woman than if a man. Far more.

lol this is not a contest or am i trolling, bruh. just trying to have an honest discussion

and at the end of the day black women have to deal with sexism AND racism in a country where not only more than half of americans living in poverty are women but a growing number of politicians are arguing that a woman should not have control of her own ? ....

smh. you will never know what it's like to feel the pressure of going through life attempting to push beyond boundaries that society has placed on me because not only because i am blk but i am also a woman. so please don't act like you do.

yes, sexism has always existed in the larger U.S. culture, which was and is a white, male dominated culture so ? the author of the article/letter whatever it is in the o/p. but lets not act like blk men haven't been complicit it, unwittingly or not.

Nothing you said even challenges what I said, which is that the racism black men face is worse than the sexism and racism black women face put together.

again this is not a contest

lol obviously my post are going over your head so let's just agree to disagree

Ok, so you're making a different point. I'm not insensitive to sexism, but I do think black men alone get the full force of anti-black racism.

You trolling?

You don't think black women are more acceptable to White America? This seems obvious to me.

Black women are double minorities

They get it really bad

an we dont?

a black woman can walk into a room an people will look comment an may snub her

a black man walks into a room an everyone automatically take notice...we are an immediate threat..pocketbooks get found an watched now...dudes stick they chest out a bit more.

the room begins to watch his every move.
    this can be a good and bad thing...but most of the time...a ? like me dont want to be bothered an just want some moscato.

lol

minority women face double discrimination in the workplace because of their race, we get paid less than blk men, as women of color face the social expectation of having to care for dependents and the perception is often that they are not as dedicated of workers as their male counterparts, we have to face the same bias/prejudices in the criminal justice system, etc

i could go on and on

but i dunno why yall keep trying to make this a contest though. smh....

Smh indeed. The emotions definitely dont just come from the women. See this site any day.

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scorned black women smh.............................................. They lay up and have kids with a ? ass ? ....... ? dont take care of his ? then ALL BLACK MEN are that way lmao........ Logic is flawed........ Glad I dont have kids............
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it not a competition ....we just dont wanna hear it.yall want yall story to be heard but when someone say we go thru it too...now its a competition...yet we are the problem.

so you dont paid as much...so the fukk what. not trying to minimize it but...we deal with that ? too...an a black woman is more likely to get a promotion before a black man.

i could go on...but chicks dont wanna hear they are not alone
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, you don't see this often on the IC
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

lol this is what i am talking about

instead of acknowledging the plight of black women and the sexism which serves to marginalize blk women that exist within our communities, you want to make this all about black men and question the character/intelligence of blk women. but its not our fault we aren't paid as much as men, we are often times overlooked for promotions in the workplace, we still are fighting for our reproductive rights , 1/4 women will be ? in her life time, etc

fact is black women routinely jump to defense of a black man. black women were the backbone of the civil rights movement. and today we are the ones on the ground leading the way in protests for the civil rights of both men and women, and demanding that our political voice is heard

but how can this relationship be called an equal partnership and how can we move forward when black men refuse to acknowledge sexism is still a very real problem in this country or are quick to invoke their patriarchal privilege thus supporting the idea that a group can and should be targeted, thus cementing their own marginalization

smh. take time to understand a black woman's pov instead of derailing the topic and making it about black men i.e. you. which most people in privilege social standing usually do when confronted.

yes you are man and being a man is global privilege.... black women have two oppressed social standings against them like most women of color. the first things to progress our understanding of each other is to listen. so please take a seat and listen young man...

Ok so I present facts and you present emotions and somehow I'm the bad guy. Did I specifically say that black men have it worse off than black women? No. I listed facts and you INFERRED that from the information that I presented. Then you predictably fall right back on feminist rhetoric.

1. In most major cities college grad women get paid(on average) 8-17% more than men the same age.

2. Affirmative action has seen more white women unfairly promoted to higher positions than any other combination of gender/race

3. Immediately after conception, a woman holds 100% power over the fate of that child. The father of the child has no control or even any say as to whether he even wants to be a father or not.

4. "1/4 of women will be ? in their lifetime" is the absolute pinnacle of ? (and absolutely false) statistics. Why don't you tell me the statistics for false ? charges? Or how about cuckholdry statistics. There's another thread on the front page of this very forum about a dude being forced to pay child support on a kid that wasn't his for like 8 years just because he signed the birth certificate of the child(thinking it was his)

5. If black women were truly the back bone of the civil rights movement then it's no wonder that it was an overall bust, black women largely disappeared from that movement as soon as the feminist movement came along

6. Do you truly believe that your political voice will be heard in any legitimate way?

And again with the victimization of women. You should really take a look around. ALL MEN(not just black men) are falling behind women when it comes to high school diplomas, college diplomas, stable careers, the jobrate in general, wages, you name it. These are facts. Then again, I wouldn't expect a person who probably jumped at the chance to use buzzwords like "privilege" and "oppressed" in a post to do their own research most of them just regurgitate rhetoric

Please, please don't try and patronize because when I say that you don't know what you are talking about I really really mean it. I really do this. When it comes to learning about the history of our people(or really learning in general) you are not in my league. Wtf can you teach me when you yourself are stating inaccuracies as if they were law? In my opinion the black man/black woman combo represents the pinnacle of human development, both physically and intellectually. I'm probably more pro-black than you can even understand. I'm the type of person that searches for ACTUAL solutions, which means I look at the problem and am capable of analyzing the causes. I want my people to succeed, and if have to be the person to reeducate the "educated" then I will be that person. You may not like me but you WILL learn something from me.

If you're gonna respond to me then please know what you're talking about first ok missy(I'm assuming/hoping you're a female going from your post)
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    When I was growing up I watched my father go to work everyday and pay the bills and I assumed that is how a man is supposed to be, but when I got older I found out it was all a lie these black women didnt care I owned two homes and had a nice job it seems they would rather have a ? who has nothing so they can complain. The reality is most black women dont even know what a man is because they were raised in a home with no man in it that is why I am trying to only date women who were raised in a two parent household but that is about as hard to find as a black woman with no kids.

good luck finding one
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »
    I'd bet this fat bish would say I'm "weak" and/or "boring" because I don't fit into her BET reinforced stereotype. Kind of like Skyler said, if you don't want "ain't ? ? ", you got to quit being an "ain't ? female". Wouldn't waste my time on a female like this because black men fall into 2 categories to her: dog or weak. She couldn't even appreciate a for real ass black man because she'd be too busy looking for things to put you into one of her 2 preconceived notions.

What really kills me is bishes like this will get ? on by white men and not have a problem with it. In fact they would make the same excuses for her white "? " that she trashes other black women for when they do the same thing for black men.

Real Talk. I will admit this. Some Black men are ? up left and right. We fail to acknowledge that a lot of our problems come from us not accepting responsibility for our actions and making poor decisions. Those of us that have our ? together should really try to mentor some of these wayward young brothers. However, to say that all black men are ? up is asinine. Like many others have said, Black women also have to admit to poor decision making by hooking up with trifling ass dudes and acting trife themselves. It is even more ridiculous to believe that a man from another race is the answer to all of their problems.

For example, My Ex had a friend that only dated white dudes. Let's call her Denise. Denise was raised by her single Mother and groomed to only date white men because Black men "weren't ? ." Denise went to law school and was in a relationship with a white dude, then started ? his best friend, (another white dude.) She ended up getting pregnant by one of them and didn't know which one. It ended up being her boyfriend who totally ? on her because, you know she was ? his boy.

The chick ended up leaving law school and her kid's pop is now a lawyer with aspirations of getting into politics. He doesn't pay her JACK ? . He is as much of a deadbeat as these hood ass ? . In fact he told her that if she even tried to contact him he would either take the kid away from her or have her ass murked. I think about her whenever I read silly ? like what sisters on that blog wrote. They are nothing but a bunch of angry, bitter misguided fools.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »

Real Talk. I will admit this. Some Black men are ? up left and right. We fail to acknowledge that a lot of our problems come from us not accepting responsibility for our actions and making poor decisions. Those of us that have our ? together should really try to mentor some of these wayward young brothers. However, to say that all black men are ? up is asinine. Like many others have said, Black women also have to admit to poor decision making by hooking up with trifling ass dudes and acting trife themselves. It is even more ridiculous to believe that a man from another race is the answer to all of their problems.

For example, My Ex had a friend that only dated white dudes. Let's call her Denise. Denise was raised by her single Mother and groomed to only date white men because Black men "weren't ? ." Denise went to law school and was in a relationship with a white dude, then started ? his best friend, (another white dude.) She ended up getting pregnant by one of them and didn't know which one. It ended up being her boyfriend who totally ? on her because, you know she was ? his boy.

The chick ended up leaving law school and her kid's pop is now a lawyer with aspirations of getting into politics. He doesn't pay her JACK ? . He is as much of a deadbeat as these hood ass ? . In fact he told her that if she even tried to contact him he would either take the kid away from her or have her ass murked. I think about her whenever I read silly ? like what sisters on that blog wrote. They are nothing but a bunch of angry, bitter misguided fools.
    He'd have her killed? Yeah well I encourage black women to date white men. Matbe they'll find whqt they're looking for. Everybody deserves happiness.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't read much eh? Cause that response was asinine as ? ...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Don't read much eh? Cause that response was asinine as ? ...

Who are you talking to?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    the chicks that say all black men are just looking for justification to act like fools towards them an have backup when they date outside they race.

maybe its not about expanding you options outside ya race but expanding your standards within it.

most of yall have a idea of the type of men you want but mostly its unrealistic.
    an like i said in another thread...what are you bringing to the table? most of yall dont wanna be held to a standard but want to do the holding.

you chicks need to understand....finding a good guy is easy.....you just have to put out the right bait or understand who you are an what you attract or display
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't worry all you black ? that 100% believe the stupid black ? that wrote that article, THIS one Black Man problem will be bouncing to Brazil so I will be out of your nappy hair once and for all ? !
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -Two parent household or not, people can still make ? up choices.

-People need to evaluate themselves before they blame others.

-You can do all the good things for the wrong person.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the end, the people sitting around here complaining and generalizing about the other gender are the ones that will wind up lonely and miserable. Yeah, I can see problems with the way a lot of black women behave, but I didn't let that stop me from scooping up a good one when I found one.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    My thing is if people keep hurting you, just keep moving on and learn from what happened because it could be a point where the right person comes along but you don't give them a chance because of the past ones.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black women dont understand the science of breeding and choose mates like an animal does that is why they always end up with dogs
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My thing is if people keep hurting you, just keep moving on and learn from what happened because it could be a point where the right person comes along but you don't give them a chance because of the past ones.

That's the funny thing though. Black women are always talking about black men hurting them. So you would think if you look at the black dudes they have dealt with in the past, you'd see a variety of dudes which would support their opinion that black dudes are no good. More often than not though, these chicks go after the same ? type of dude over and over again, and then when they finally get fed up, instead of changing what they look for they make the claim that all black guys are bad.

I knew this chick that had 3 bfs in her past. She claimed she was taking a break because she had been done wrong by all three and was losing faith in black males. According to her all three dudes were very different and that's why she believed she just couldn't win with black dudes. I knew all three of those dudes. They all looked different, that's true, but as far as personality and character, they were like carbon copies of each other.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2013
    Options

thats called accountability...

something i dont see alot in my community.

like the auhor said...black men are the problem and women have zero accountability.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    Give people a chance until they ? up and don't be so much of an open book.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope every ? dates a white prototype Lannister in their lives. They'll run back to black so fast they will be like Malcom X.