U.S. thinks Syria used WMDs

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
edited April 2013 in The Social Lounge
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let them ? each other with them then. I though Syria was one of the main supplier of oil to us? Why we talkin ? about them? I don't need gas prices to go up anymore $20 barely even gets me over 1/2 a tank sometimes. And how many times have we provided weapons to a people in which then get used against us?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can someone give me a brief description whats going on in Syria? i try not to watch the news because i find it depressing. From what i understand is they are in Civil war? but for what reasons? what is our role in this? or have we just been watching and waiting for a reason to get involved?
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civil war over the current rulers there. I don't remember what else. Our role is to police the world and try and secure more oil at cheaper prices I think I don't know anymore. War in the middle east is pointless for anyone west of the Hellespont I will say again.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Let them ? each other with them then. I though Syria was one of the main supplier of oil to us? Why we talkin ? about them? I don't need gas prices to go up anymore $20 barely even gets me over 1/2 a tank sometimes. And how many times have we provided weapons to a people in which then get used against us?
    I though Syria was one of the main supplier of oil to us? Why we talkin ? about them?
    main supplier of oil to us
    oil

nothin new under the sun
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama do not step into this ? !
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't do ? , they call us ? for not helping out. We do ? , and they call us imperialist ? .

Ain't no winning might as well let ? each other and not spend our money or loose American lives helping people who ain't even grateful.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U.S. thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

U.S. always has ulterior motives for getting involved in other nations wars... Don't be fooled.

John McCain is a bloodthirsty, war-mongering piece of garbage.

He wants to arm the Syrian rebels, no questions asked...

He wants to involve the U.S. in yet another war!!!

But what do we really know about these so-called "rebels"?

For all we know, they could be religious extremists trying to overthrow the Syrian government.

But, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad is labeled a ruthless dictator by the U.S. media.

Again, how do we know that it's the Syrian army that's committing these atrocities?

These could be terrorists posing as the Syrian army.... We don't know.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the U.S. to get involved in this.

John McCain is the devil.

---- End of rant.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Israel thinks that....but then again.....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I've heard that story before
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    After reading Economic Hitman and License To ? , I don't trust nothing bout the US being over seas. Hell, I didn't trust it before reading those books. But now it's reinforced.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Syria isn't a large producer of oil. That is partly the reason why we have not invaded. It isn't in our best interest. LOL. You think if over 70,000 had been killed in a nation like Saudi Arabia or Iraq we wouldn't be rushing to protect our "foreign interest". I'm with you however, we don't need to get involved because it will only cause another Iraq-like scenario. Perhaps even more protracted and dangerous with it being such a close ally to Iran. There's just to many risk factors that spell chaos if this nation gets militarily involved over there.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad is labeled a ruthless dictator by the U.S. media.

Again, how do we know that it's the Syrian army that's committing these atrocities?

These could be terrorists posing as the Syrian army.... We don't know.

Lol that ? openly said “We don’t permit any country in the world, near or far, to interfere in the Syrian decision, Any military action against Syria will have much more implications that they can bear.”

U.S politicians aren't the only evil ? on earth lol. That Assad ? is popping ? . Obama need to go head and handle that. But going into Iran or Syria at this point is ww3. They're not playing that ? at all. At best its gonna be the U.S giving the rebels supplies and aid. I don't think their about to drop soldiers in there unless there's complete worldwide backing.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as footage ends up on TheYNC.com.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/935342_165009356994415_1532751552_n.jpg[/img]
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/935342_165009356994415_1532751552_n.jpg[/img]

Need a C'mon Son button for this malarkey.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Obama do not step into this ? !

This is bigger than Obama.............

http://youtu.be/fSNyPS0fXpU

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I though Syria was one of the main supplier of oil to us? Why we talkin ? about them? I don't need gas prices to go up anymore $20 barely even gets me over 1/2 a tank sometimes.
    so it's entirely possible this is a sign you need to read up on Syria a little
    U.S. thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    [John McCain] wants to arm the Syrian rebels, no questions asked...
    He wants to involve the U.S. in yet another war!!!
    to be fair:
    a. Iraq had a history of having them and using them, and definitely played up having them to impress their neighbors, so it was not the most illogical assumption;
    b. McCain supposedly wants no boots on the ground. now i actually have an issue with this notion of "we can resolve all problems through the magic of AIR POWER," but that aside, it's POSSIBLE he wants more of a Libya scenario and less of an Iraq scenario.
    s.free wrote: »
    That Assad ? is popping ? . Obama need to go head and handle that. But going into Iran or Syria at this point is ww3. They're not playing that ? at all. At best its gonna be the U.S giving the rebels supplies and aid. I don't think their about to drop soldiers in there unless there's complete worldwide backing.
    rest assured that Obama has been busily walking back his red line so as to avoid doing anything