Why are people cool with older rappers but not older fans?

Options
Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in The Reason
I've just noticed this ? recently any time these little generation debates come up on here. :ohhh:

Some of these younger fans (18-25) are huge fans of Gucci, Juicy J, Ross, 2 Chainz, Currensy, Kanye, Wayne etc. and they're all 30+. Even Cole and Wale are 28 and the white folks' savior, Macklemore, is a "new" artist yet turns 30 in 2 months. Also, some of these artists, especially Ross, Juicy, Wayne, and Chainz, have revamped their sound more than once to stick around to appear as "new" or "current" artists and are now popular as hell for it.

Meanwhile, the average 30+ year old hip hop fan is chastised for his view on hip-hop even if he has listened to it ever since these current dudes started rapping. They're criticized by the young crowd for being out of touch, yet they are just acting their age while someone like 2 Chainz is yelling about a young ? getting head while the engine running. :pachaha:

And let's not forget all the 30+ year old rappers hopping trends just to stay relevant while the average 34 year old rocking skinny jeans on the streets gets clowned to death.

So why is it that older rappers get a pass for acting like they're 21 yet older hip-hop fans get clowned for wanting to see these older rappers make more mature music?

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I done thought about this too. Like you said alot of the rappers with the younger sound are actually older. I think alot of that deals with the fact the average younger fan 18-25 doesn't realize the actual age of these artists. You go and tell the average 21 year old that likes to listen to 2 Chainz that dude is like 37 years old their likely to be shocked.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umm 30 year olds been talkim bout the same ? young cats been talkin bout 4 years... Jus cuz u 30 dont mean u still cant have fun....
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    I done thought about this too. Like you said alot of the rappers with the younger sound are actually older. I think alot of that deals with the fact the average younger fan 18-25 doesn't realize the actual age of these artists. You go and tell the average 21 year old that likes to listen to 2 Chainz that dude is like 37 years old their likely to be shocked.

Anybody who thinks 2 chainz any younger then 30 is stupid as ? ..