What Car Brand Is More Reliable, a Dodge or Chevy

Options
Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Let Me Ride
I'm looking at getting a 2010 Chevy Impala LT but my bro in-law said that Chevy's are trash and unreliable. My homeboy says a Chevy will last forever.

If I don't get the Impala I'm looking at either a Dodge Avenger or an older Charger... gimme some input IC

Impala LT

2011_chevrolet_impala_sedan_lt_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Dodge Avenger

31012490645.342946841.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Dodge Charger

31153819448.345187849.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like my challenger. .know ppl who had a lot of problems wit impalas...butgo wit whatever works for your wallet
  • Stiff
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I like my challenger. .know ppl who had a lot of problems wit impalas...butgo wit whatever works for your wallet

I just want something domestic that's low maintenance plus I'm financing it so not too old...but damn I'm getting bad reports about Impalas..
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao damn this is a tough choice...both are reliable car brands.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Chevy. I have a lot of homeboys who have challengers/chargers too.... If you looking at that year impala try to get an SS. They aren't that much. Challenger has the best resale value though...
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodge Charger owner post...get the dodge but not the avenger!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only reliable for so long.. I would probably go with the Challenger, like Vader i know a couple people who had an impala that ? on them. Both cars would be cheaper to work on than something foreign and if you know a bit about cars you could do a lot of it yourself im sure.
  • Stiff
    Options
    Chevy. I have a lot of homeboys who have challengers/chargers too.... If you looking at that year impala try to get an SS. They aren't that much. Challenger has the best resale value though...

Insurance on an SS would kick my ass! Only because I'm young smh...You wouldn't believe some of the quotes I've gotten just on a LT

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? got a 07 charger 188k miles...still rollin.
  • Stiff
    Options
    And my price range is about 13-14K
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    only morons adhere to blind brand loyalty......in this day and age every car manufacturer makes good and bad cars....that being said the dodge avenger is ugly as ?
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

Oh well this changes everything! lol
  • Stiff
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    only morons adhere to blind brand loyalty......in this day and age every car manufacturer makes good and bad cars....that being said the dodge avenger is ugly as ?

This is true but also some companies just in general do things better than others there's no denying it..
    Doubletee wrote: »
    My ? got a 07 charger 188k miles...still rollin.

Has he had any issues with it that you know of?
    Dr. Stitch wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »

Oh well this changes everything! lol

Lol yea man ? in here recommending challengers and ?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    easily chevy

you dont kno cars if you say dodge

them ? just look good
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    @stiff.none to serious that i heard about.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Impalas are good whips but the Transmissions scare me for some reason.
    Chargers are good but their prices drops, but arent hard to sell if u get tried of them.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    easily chevy

you dont kno cars if you say dodge

them ? just look good

Wit a good azz warranty!
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol that too

cause they need one
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chevy riding high
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An '07 with 188,? miles?!? Roughly 30k/yr? Wow.

Eh, im spoiled with my Grand Prix. Fast, good looking, reliable, and im sure you could find a GT, or GTP with low miles and decent condition maybe around 7-11k. GXP's gon tax you. HUGE aftermaket due to its large cult following. Parts easy to find, replace if you like working on cars.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    He bought it it already had over 100k miles.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk about new gen models, but dodge used to always be WOAT in reliability. My sister owns a dodge avenger and she had a number of problems with it. My boy whips an impala and so far I haven't seen or heard of any problems and it rides smooth, though he been driving his for a shorter amount of time. Both cars are '06 model years I think.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options
    lol that too

cause they need one

If we talkin old school im wit chevy all tha way...i got a 64 impala...but my '12 charger's given me 0 problems so far...i got patnas that had the malibu and the new impala and they didnt like the experience so idk!
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol that too

cause they need one

If we talkin old school im wit chevy all tha way...i got a 64 impala...but my '12 charger's given me 0 problems so far...i got patnas that had the malibu and the new impala and they didnt like the experience so idk!

My homie had an '06 Malibu. Moderately quick car. Too much torque steer, and gave him all kinda issues.
  • Stiff
    Options
    lol that too

cause they need one

My homie had an '06 Malibu. Moderately quick car. Too much torque steer, and gave him all kinda issues.

My patna had a Malibu '02 I think it was...got him up to about 190,000 miles before he had to let it go. That's pretty decent I guess. He used to drive the ? outta that car
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.