taeboo wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I'm tired of arguing with ignorant ? man...argue with this ? :

Michelle Alexander
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=T_mJaZHei7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=IgM5NAq6cGI

Elaine Brown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=US&v=8oYtzBf3z6g&fulldescription=1

Angela Davis (feminist)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&rl=yes&v=yQ2cC7LHMxA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&v=KD64nmYZM04&feature=related&rl=yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&rl=yes&v=k-kOKM1e9LA&feature=relmfu

Sherrilyn Ifill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&v=gUo1mxRLHGM

Ignorant ? talk ignorant ? ? . I don't understand how anyone can even fix their fingers to type some anti-black woman ? . Decades of black women standing up for your rights, giving birth to your children and you ? bring forth negative energy? Must be out ya mind. I can only suppose ? are self-hating.

The black woman is the other side of our coin. To disregard, is to disregard yourself. These are racial issues that both men and women face, from voting to the drug war black women are right there. All this ? about feminism, trying to ? -analyze hoodrats and all that garbage is irrelevant.

Checkmate.

Nice videos but I'm not really sure what you're supposed to be proving here. Black men don't dump on black women anymore than black women dump on black men. I can put a bunch of videos of black men standing up for the cause. What does that prove?

Alright then, so stop ? '. There's more than enough ? . Apparently you haven't read this topic in depth enough to get the point of the videos to begin with.

First, I wasn't one of the people ? . And second yeah I have read the topic, and yeah there are dudes in here bashing females, but if you've read the topic you'd understand that all that bashing is in response to a woman blaming all of black women's problems on men.

So because one bitter ? writes a badly written blog, it's ok to start bashing all black women?

Nope, but throwing up a bunch of videos proving there are good black women isn't really addressing anything when the entire argument is essentially

Bitter black women: Black men suck
    Bitter black men: Nuh uh, Black women suck

Besides you're being silly if you think that only one chick feels like that. The reason this discussion is continuing instead of this just being a thread bashing that chick is that her feelings are pervasive among black women or at least prevalent enough for black men to believe its a common thread of thought.

And yet only 2 women are still posting in this topic....of all the women on the IC, only 2 are still posting in here....that's hella prevalent huh.

If you want to address the blog, the answer is literally one sentence: that's her opinion.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

How did he body me? Unless u agree with him that sexism is a thing of the past

Besides that none of his citationless, cherry picked stats contradicted anything I said and they didnt factor in race....

Never said blk women had it worst or that black men had it easier lol

My point was contrary to what corporate media would like us to believe, blk women have all always supported blk men politically, emotionally, financially, etc just google women like rosa parks, angela davis, majora carter, tracie washington, etc

And when a blk woman is not, at least publicly, both blk women and men are quick to call her out on her ? and rightfully so. Take for example, most of us agree that the author of the article in op is a ?

However when it comes to sexism and issues that specifically effect blk mothers, daughters, sisters in particular blk men generally fall silent, are dismissive or are too busy chasing the white mans patriarchy....and others have agreed. I see it in RL and we see everyday on the IC....if you or anyone cannot dispute that with more than just opinion like I was telling civis lets agree to disagree

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had to hold your hand throught the ENTIRE learning process. I mistook you for a grown human being. I've been trying to post links for a while now but I don't think I have enough posts to do it because they keep getting eaten by moderation. As soon as I can post links I will continue to embarrass you with facts. How are my stats cherry-picked when they're completely relevant to the topic? How come you aren't throwing stats back at me? Is is because you know you can't? You're still have not given any specific evidence to support your claims

I'm struggling to educate you, while you're apparently resisting it with every fiber in your body, can't really figure out why. If you choose to disagree with the facts and reality then that's on you, but once again, please don't respond to me. Go learn
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said that she was the only bitter ? out there, but the women who think like her are a select minority. Plus none of the women here agreed with what she said. So why the black woman bash fest??

The bold is likely an area of disagreement. I'm pretty sure the people in here on the bash fest don't feel that way. None of us have done a polling on this so either way it's speculation as far as how many women feel that way to some degree.

And yet only 2 women are still posting in this topic....of all the women on the IC, only 2 are still posting in here....that's hella prevalent huh.

If you want to address the blog, the answer is literally one sentence: that's her opinion.

Since when have the chicks on the IC been a fair representation of women in general? That's like saying that most black men must be fiercely misogynistic, since some many dudes on the IC rep the "Hard on Hoes" movement.

And 99% of the discussion on the IC could probably be ended with one simple post, but since this is a forum meant for discussion, people choose to delve deeper. If discussion bothers you, why are you even here?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Michelle Alexander

Elaine Brown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=US&v=8oYtzBf3z6g&fulldescription=1

Angela Davis (feminist)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&rl=yes&v=yQ2cC7LHMxA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&v=KD64nmYZM04&feature=related&rl=yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&rl=yes&v=k-kOKM1e9LA&feature=relmfu

Sherrilyn Ifill

Ignorant ? talk ignorant ? ? . I don't understand how anyone can even fix their fingers to type some anti-black woman ? . Decades of black women standing up for your rights, giving birth to your children and you ? bring forth negative energy? Must be out ya mind. I can only suppose ? are self-hating.

The black woman is the other side of our coin. To disregard, is to disregard yourself. These are racial issues that both men and women face, from voting to the drug war black women are right there. All this ? about feminism, trying to ? -analyze hoodrats and all that garbage is irrelevant.

Checkmate.

Nice videos but I'm not really sure what you're supposed to be proving here. Black men don't dump on black women anymore than black women dump on black men. I can put a bunch of videos of black men standing up for the cause. What does that prove?

Alright then, so stop ? '. There's more than enough ? . Apparently you haven't read this topic in depth enough to get the point of the videos to begin with.

First, I wasn't one of the people ? . And second yeah I have read the topic, and yeah there are dudes in here bashing females, but if you've read the topic you'd understand that all that bashing is in response to a woman blaming all of black women's problems on men.

So because one bitter ? writes a badly written blog, it's ok to start bashing all black women?

the lady is bashing all black men.

so when men respond...we are wrong.

yep sounds about right
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said that she was the only bitter ? out there, but the women who think like her are a select minority. Plus none of the women here agreed with what she said. So why the black woman bash fest??

The bold is likely an area of disagreement. I'm pretty sure the people in here on the bash fest don't feel that way. None of us have done a polling on this so either way it's speculation as far as how many women feel that way to some degree.

Since when have the chicks on the IC been a fair representation of women in general? That's like saying that most black men must be fiercely misogynistic, since some many dudes on the IC rep the "Hard on Hoes" movement.

And 99% of the discussion on the IC could probably be ended with one simple post, but since this is a forum meant for discussion, people choose to delve deeper. If discussion bothers you, why are you even here?

It doesn't and the content of the blog doesn't represent women everywhere either, so why ? still complaining?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

Besides that none of his citationless, cherry picked stats contradicted anything I said and they didnt factor in race....

My point was contrary to what corporate media would like us to believe, blk women have all always supported blk men politically, emotionally, financially, etc just google women like rosa parks, angela davis, majora carter, tracie washington, etc

And when a blk woman is not, at least publicly, both blk women and men are quick to call her out on her ? and rightfully so. Take for example, most of us agree that the author of the article in op is a ?

However when it comes to sexism and issues that specifically effect blk mothers, daughters, sisters in particular blk men generally fall silent, are dismissive or are too busy chasing the white mans patriarchy....and others have agreed. I see it in RL and we see everyday on the IC....if you or anyone cannot dispute that with more than just opinion like I was telling civis lets agree to disagree

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had to hold your hand throught the ENTIRE learning process. I mistook you for a grown human being. I've been trying to post links for a while now but I don't think I have enough posts to do it because they keep getting eaten by moderation. As soon as I can post links I will continue to embarrass you with facts. How are my stats cherry-picked when they're completely relevant to the topic? How come you aren't throwing stats back at me? Is is because you know you can't? You're still have not given any specific evidence to support your claims

I'm struggling to educate you, while you're apparently resisting it with every fiber in your body, can't really figure out why. If you choose to disagree with the facts and reality then that's on you, but once again, please don't respond to me. Go learn

Lol i didnt respond to another of ur posts...wtf? I was responding to blak...but i will respond to this particular post since you obviously are desperate for attention and im such a nice person

But anyways

If you feel that blk women have it easy than you are the one who needs to be educated
  • xxCivicxx
    edited May 2013

lol ? with your he-man, anti-feminism, anti-reality rhetoric .... the ol' all blk women date thugs schtick is tired

i will admit yes women have made tremendous strides but there's still more to be done. we still live in a male dominated soceity ... men make the rules. men aren't told what and what they can and cannot do with their OWN bodies...men saturate politics, literature, academia, the tops of businesses, etc.... positive characteristics are associated with being masculine, and negative characteristics are associated with being feminine... men are expected to participate in the public sphere, while women are encouraged to confine themselves to the private sphere, etc and didnt the president just sign the Lilly Ledbetter Act to ensure that women received the same pay as men? the average man is still paid more than the average women. None of the stats you posted so far contradict anything ive said.

now factor in racism... black women are double minorities. we really dont get to enjoy the "luxuries" feminism afforded whites women

take for example, a black woman with a B.A. on average make less than a white male with only a high school diploma.

yes women have made tremendous strides but there's still more to be done

all this is to no fault of the blk man and blk men have it rough as well.... my point again is that blk men like yourself continue to articulate a vision of racial uplift that prioritizes the needs of males, demonizes blk women and valorizes conventional notions of gender roles without giving much thought of the plight of a blk woman. I see it everyday in real life and on the IC. this is counterproductive to the progression of us a people considering racism and sexism go hand and hand

there are blk women that bash bm... but let's not act like blk are saints either

I really don't feel the need to pick apart your entire post because my previous posts already do that. What I will do is educate you about the bold part.

Currently over 60% of college grads are women, and that number is rising. In almost all major cities today, college educated women make, on average 8-17% more money than men their same age. THE AVERAGE MAN IS NOT PAID MORE THAN THE AVERAGE WOMAN ANYMORE. Any time a man is paid more than a woman who holds an equivalent position, the difference can be more than accounted for by maternity leave/sick days and the fact that on average, many women still work less hours in a week AT THE SAME JOB than many men. The '09 recession hit male-dominated fields WAY harder than female-dominated fields. Many many MANY more men lost jobs than women. This is what I mean when I say don't respond to me unless you truly know what you're talking about. Keep taking everyone else's word over the word of the men of your own race and we'll see where black people are in 100 years, if we even still exist.

You have to understand that this is how the feminist movement works. Women are already very far ahead in general these days(hence why almost all commercials/shows/movies/popular novels/music/LAWS cater directly to women today) but the feminist strategy is to keep complaining so that no one notices how well females are doing in relation to males. We live in a zero sum society. For someone to win, someone else has to lose. The losers today are mostly men, but especially black men. You don't have to accept these facts, I truly do not care whether you do or you do not, but the fact that you can't even acknowledge them speaks volumes about your intelligence imo. You're complaining about social pressure that is being applied to women. I'm speaking about actual physical negative consequences of man bashing/feminism on men. I want my people to succeed in every way possible. For that to happen problems have to be analyzed thoroughly so that solutions can be created and applied. Feminist thinking is a sickness that not just killing the black community, it's killing any community that it touches. There is and has been since Reconstruction a systematic plan put in place where the goal is to eliminate black men from this nation

I also find it odd how I never see the guys who tell me that they refuse to call women '? ' actually with any women. I also rarely see seld-proclaimed feminist men with any women. Think about that.

And once again, until you have something of value to contribute to the discussion, please don't respond to me.This is getting boring.

lol

again none of the stats youve posted so far has contradicted anything ive said

And i see no citations to back up your claims

Ur struggling to win an argument, while im trying to have an open and honest dialogue so yea lets agree to disgree

My mistake I thought this was you. I guess my reading skills suck

Once again, I'm talking primarily about the state of black men and you KEEP bringing it back to women. Where did I say that black women have it easy? I said that they are currently doing a hell of a lot better than black men in america, and that a lot of black women select ? mates then complain that all black men are ? . I have supported my arguments with facts. Please try and read for comprehension, judging from your responses you seem to have a issue doing this
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

lol ? with your he-man, anti-feminism, anti-reality rhetoric .... the ol' all blk women date thugs schtick is tired

i will admit yes women have made tremendous strides but there's still more to be done. we still live in a male dominated soceity ... men make the rules. men aren't told what and what they can and cannot do with their OWN bodies...men saturate politics, literature, academia, the tops of businesses, etc.... positive characteristics are associated with being masculine, and negative characteristics are associated with being feminine... men are expected to participate in the public sphere, while women are encouraged to confine themselves to the private sphere, etc and didnt the president just sign the Lilly Ledbetter Act to ensure that women received the same pay as men? the average man is still paid more than the average women. None of the stats you posted so far contradict anything ive said.

now factor in racism... black women are double minorities. we really dont get to enjoy the "luxuries" feminism afforded whites women

take for example, a black woman with a B.A. on average make less than a white male with only a high school diploma.

all this is to no fault of the blk man and blk men have it rough as well.... my point again is that blk men like yourself continue to articulate a vision of racial uplift that prioritizes the needs of males, demonizes blk women and valorizes conventional notions of gender roles without giving much thought of the plight of a blk woman. I see it everyday in real life and on the IC. this is counterproductive to the progression of us a people considering racism and sexism go hand and hand

there are blk women that bash bm... but let's not act like blk are saints either

I really don't feel the need to pick apart your entire post because my previous posts already do that. What I will do is educate you about the bold part.

Currently over 60% of college grads are women, and that number is rising. In almost all major cities today, college educated women make, on average 8-17% more money than men their same age. THE AVERAGE MAN IS NOT PAID MORE THAN THE AVERAGE WOMAN ANYMORE. Any time a man is paid more than a woman who holds an equivalent position, the difference can be more than accounted for by maternity leave/sick days and the fact that on average, many women still work less hours in a week AT THE SAME JOB than many men. The '09 recession hit male-dominated fields WAY harder than female-dominated fields. Many many MANY more men lost jobs than women. This is what I mean when I say don't respond to me unless you truly know what you're talking about. Keep taking everyone else's word over the word of the men of your own race and we'll see where black people are in 100 years, if we even still exist.

You have to understand that this is how the feminist movement works. Women are already very far ahead in general these days(hence why almost all commercials/shows/movies/popular novels/music/LAWS cater directly to women today) but the feminist strategy is to keep complaining so that no one notices how well females are doing in relation to males. We live in a zero sum society. For someone to win, someone else has to lose. The losers today are mostly men, but especially black men. You don't have to accept these facts, I truly do not care whether you do or you do not, but the fact that you can't even acknowledge them speaks volumes about your intelligence imo. You're complaining about social pressure that is being applied to women. I'm speaking about actual physical negative consequences of man bashing/feminism on men. I want my people to succeed in every way possible. For that to happen problems have to be analyzed thoroughly so that solutions can be created and applied. Feminist thinking is a sickness that not just killing the black community, it's killing any community that it touches. There is and has been since Reconstruction a systematic plan put in place where the goal is to eliminate black men from this nation

I also find it odd how I never see the guys who tell me that they refuse to call women '? ' actually with any women. I also rarely see seld-proclaimed feminist men with any women. Think about that.

And once again, until you have something of value to contribute to the discussion, please don't respond to me.This is getting boring.

lol

Ur struggling to win an argument, while im trying to have an open and honest dialogue so yea lets agree to disgree

Once again, I'm talking primarily about the state of black men and you KEEP bringing it back to women. Where did I say that black women have it easy? I said that they are currently doing a hell of a lot better than black men in america, and that a lot of black women select ? mates then complain that all black men are ? . I have supported my arguments with facts. Please try and read for comprehension, judging from your responses you seem to have a issue doing this

U responded to my post to blak.....gotta be specific.... anyways

Who had it worst is not the point lol......

U started this. U responded to my post FIRST....u made it all about the black man totally ignoring the point I was trying to make which I keep repeating

Smh
  • xxCivicxx

lol

U responded to my post to blak.....gotta be specific.... anyways

Who had it worst is not the point lol......

U started this. U responded to my post FIRST....u made it all about the black man totally ignoring the point I was trying to make which I keep repeating

Smh

I don't 'gotta' do anything for you, all of this information that I'm blessing you with comes from the kindness of my heart. You responded to another one of my posts with nonsense once again, and I correct you once again. It's not my fault you can't remember your own posts.

I'm not ignoring you point, I'm refuting it. There's a difference that you can't seem to understand. You're posting inaccuracies as if they're fact. I'm posting actual facts. You don't even have to believe them, I dare you to prove me wrong.

I won't respond to you anymore ok? Now go actually read my posts and educate yourself.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @desert

I came in this thread and I see this Civic poster is textually bodying you with titangraphs of logic

when cuzzo mentioned "stop and frisk" mofos had no response for that haha

but on a serious note, black men are actively targeted more than black women care to admit

if you do a side by side comparison, a lot of black men are losing on a strictly socioeconomic viewpoint

masculinity has been under serious assault for a while now

he bodied you when he explained how black men and men in general have been under assault for the last two generations or so

that "stop and frisk" thing was just one example at how black men are just physically threatened for no reason

men's reproductive rights ARE non existent.........we are just a wallet to women these days.........the emotional and psychological support a father provides is considered worthless in comparison to a mother's........when a child needs both

as far as black men being silent when it comes to black women's issues............truthfully some of them are exaggerated considering that worldwide women are treated as the weaker sex...........if you live in America sexism is pretty much non existent when men have to compete for jobs with women these days, and more women are graduating with college degrees

what issues specifically affect black women and girls do black men ignore? cause it's impossible to be a feminist and believe it can still be possible to maintain a healthy relationship with men

feminism has already been known for its hypocrisy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Black men may feel uncomfortable hearing that they as a group are largely responsible for the suffering of black women.

I skimmed through her post, stopped at this point.

This battle between sexes amongst Black people has to end. Pointing the finger of blame rather than taking accountability and gaining an understanding as to why and how we got here will only continue to lead us on a downspiral to our own demise.

The black man is not why my sisters struggle to find self worth, they are not the cause of females objectifying their own selves and the black woman is not why my brothers are out here slanging weight, busting guns and killing each other.

This is how it was designed, things were set in place against us and we've relieved the creators of these barriers as we have become our own worst enemies. Until we grasp that the entire underlying mission was and still is to divide and conquer then we will remain stagnant as a people and continue to break each other down, as intended.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited May 2013

Michelle Alexander

Elaine Brown

Angela Davis (feminist)

Sherrilyn Ifill

Checkmate.

This is exactly what is wrong with us, this thread is a perfect example.

Let's bash each other instead of centralizing and coming together to lift each other up, this will get us far.........about 6 feet deep far into the ground.