Ladies, Why did Y'all Let Koreans Takeover the Black Hair Industry?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Powder Room
I go in on black women about a lot of ? , but this ? in absolutely inexcusable. How, when, and where did black women not only allow another ethnicity to take over an industry for products that are specifically meant for us, (especially black women,) and say that their not going to allow us into the industry, Y'ALL STAY DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM! I know that a black woman's desire to have long and lush hair like other ethnicities goes to the core of their being and define them as women, but at what cost. Does having a weave or a perm mean more to you than your self respect and dignity? I'm guilty of having a penchant for chicks with long straight hair, however, I've come to realize that ? you ladies use to get long straight hair isn't, nor was it ever meant for us. Also, after continued and extended use, the ? does irreparable damage to your hair and scalp. Not only that those racist Korean laugh at you for spending your hard earned dollars with them, after they've just straight up clowned you.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's inexecusable Kai. Fess up and tell the truth to Judge Rex before he devours you like that lawyer in Jurassic Park.
  • Maximus Rex
    kai_valya wrote: »
    who is this y'all you speak of? i've been doing my hair myself my whole life

and how many times do you need to make this thread?

1) You're Canadian.

2) If most black women followed your lead, this wouldn't be an issue.

• Maximus Rex
    But putting a bunch of that wasn't meant to be in your hair for vanity's sake is.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll just be glad when weave, perms and tracks are a thing of the past for sistas. but I'm just dreamin' right? ? 'll never happen.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I'm sorry but chicks with big ass foreheads and mini fros ain't whats up.

But I just watched some movie on netflix with Kerry Washington and she did that ? right. Lil natural fro, and still fine as hell.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont mind perms just no weaves
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm natural myself. always have been. i experimented with weave when i cut my hair, but i realized it wasn't my thing. i'm an advocate of natural hair because i do know the damage it causes, but like Loca said- it's not for everybody. and like she also said, i've seen more women come up in natural hair care.

this is a very strange thread to me because all the hoes y'all talk about 'smashing' and 'EBRC'n' have weave. so, a simple-minded woman would believe that men actually LIKE the fake hair.

i've even had a man tell me that he didn't really like women who wore their natural hair because of what the elements do to it [frizz up, get poofy] and that some women can't style their own hair properly.

But I just watched some movie on netflix with Kerry Washington and she did that ? right. Lil natural fro, and still fine as hell.

what movie is that?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    ^You can get Afro weaves, thus giving the illusion of natural hair. Really, it's whatever with me. It's just hair.

bunb_zps340d8f06.gif

? 's cheating
    i'm natural myself. always have been. i experimented with weave when i cut my hair, but i realized it wasn't my thing. i'm an advocate of natural hair because i do know the damage it causes, but like Loca said- it's not for everybody. and like she also said, i've seen more women come up in natural hair care.

this is a very strange thread to me because all the hoes y'all talk about 'smashing' and 'EBRC'n' have weave. so, a simple-minded woman would believe that men actually LIKE the fake hair.

i've even had a man tell me that he didn't really like women who wore their natural hair because of what the elements do to it [frizz up, get poofy] and that some women can't style their own hair properly.

what movie is that?

smashing =/= marrying
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Some of ? are paying lip service saying you love natural hair, but it's more like in theory. B/c 9 times out 10 if I see a Black couple or someone a man is chasing after, the woman has a perm or a weave. IJS.

To be fair though you can't really tell just from looking, especially at a distance if somebody's hair is natural or not. I've dated two women who were natural their entire live, never had anything touch their hair yet had women even with natural hair who didn't believe them and thought they had a perm or weave.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP shows he knows nothing about the history of the Black hair care industry.

The Black hair care industry wasn't even originally Black dominated. It was white dominated.

After Reaganism and the closing of Black shops due to economic hardship, Asians who had financial resources and connections to hair care distributors souped up the market. It's also harder for Black business people to attain loans and compete with Asians who already have tons of businesses in our neighborhoods.

However, Black women are starting to dominate the natural hair care industry, as opposed to perms, weaves and other chemicals which major corporations and Asian owned businesses cater to. Individual Black women have nothing to do with hair distributors, corporate decisions, or attaining resources and access to the industry.

This thread is dumb as ? .

I agree with everything except the bolded

it's a legitimate question to ask why black women continue to buy products from a group who doesn't care for you or your people

how would black women react in general if all of them who wore perms/synthetic hair

were treated as ? /traitors to their own race

I have recently gained a new found appreciation for natural hair as I learn more about the hair industry
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh..i can't stand those 'afro-weaves'. what's the point in THAT.?! but i get how u can get the look w/o the work.

some afro-centric men do look at women who get relaxers or weave as traitors.

people ask me all the time if i get perms/relaxers tho. i hate it.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2013

What men like is healthy looking combed hair:

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

Khamit+Kinks.jpg or afro.PNG

I'm sorry that ? ain't a hairstyle, unfortunately somebody convinced y'all that it was, and a lot of ladies that rock the natural hair in weird styles looks a damn fool and could be mistaken for:

200px-C-bob.png
  • Maximus Rex
    OP shows he knows nothing about the history of the Black hair care industry.

The Black hair care industry wasn't even originally Black dominated. It was white dominated.

After Reaganism and the closing of Black shops due to economic hardship, Asians who had financial resources and connections to hair care distributors souped up the market. It's also harder for Black business people to attain loans and compete with Asians who already have tons of businesses in our neighborhoods.

However, Black women are starting to dominate the natural hair care industry, as opposed to perms, weaves and other chemicals which major corporations and Asian owned businesses cater to. Individual Black women have nothing to do with hair distributors, corporate decisions, or attaining resources and access to the industry.

This thread is dumb as ? .

I agree with everything except the bolded

it's a legitimate question to ask why black women continue to buy products from a group who doesn't care for you or your people

how would black women react in general if all of them who wore perms/synthetic hair

were treated as ? /traitors to their own race

I have recently gained a new found appreciation for natural hair as I learn more about the hair industry

The cold part about is if black men had the black haircare industry on lock and wouldn't let them in, black women would be ? , complaining and trying to organize all kinds of protests and ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    all i see is bunch of ass in the backstreet idk what you talking about
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't ? no bishes hair.
    The hoes on the backskreets can get the dyuck....ain't nobody trying to marry them.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ain't marrying them, we ain't even looking at their hair. We just noticed the ? and ? and face.

But natural hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and all of that other ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short hair on women looks funny 4/5 times
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    lol@natural hair not being for everybody... its your ? hair...

Natural hair might not be the right fit for a woman if:

1. She's not willing to invest in the time it takes to do her own hair--just wants something quick and easy.
    2. She's concerned with what other people think about her.
    4. She wants a more socially conventional hairstyle.
    3. She has expectations of what she "thinks" natural hair should look like. e.g. She wants "curls" and ends up being disappointed with how her hair really looks when she does it.

Of course it's your hair, but there are always reasons why it might not be for everybody, based on how much work they're willing to put into the process or how much they care what other people think.

all the bs these women be putting their hair through, isnt time and investment? Is it really more expensive to grow and clean your own damn hair? Damn.
    gns wrote: »
    I ain't ? no bishes hair.
    The hoes on the backskreets can get the dyuck....ain't nobody trying to marry them.

But you still aren't repulsed by their relaxers enough to not want to ? , are you? :-??

There is absolutely no reason on Gods green earth for a woman to look up to a ? .
    Them backskreet bishes is 45 minuters, dont u females be trying to marry ? , aka be a lifer?

Yeah I'd smash some of them but to think i'd literally marry a woman whose on the poll, take pics in magz, and walk around with their ass out, its not happening.

Sorry for us ? leading u women astray by ? after them bishes.

yow mi nuh stop cry :((