13»

Comments

• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People care too much about the numbers
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Nas went Gold wait until next year you all will see. They didn't uptade it yet it sold like 1milion copies in europe already and like 100k in africa, in amerika its atm 400k. SO overall its Platinum

Life IS Good sold more than his last album, Nas actually was more promoting the album in europe than US.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas went Gold wait until next year you all will see. They didn't uptade it yet it sold like 1milion copies in europe already and like 100k in africa, in amerika its atm 400k. SO overall its Platinum

Life IS Good sold more than his last album, Nas actually was more promoting the album in europe than US.

The plaques are separate from around the world. Gold and Europe isn't the same as Gold in the united states. Have they changed how they measure sales now? I see movies quoting overall sales but they don't give out regional plaques.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    FuriousOne wrote: »

The plaques are separate from around the world. Gold and Europe isn't the same as Gold in the united states. Have they changed how they measure sales now? I see movies quoting overall sales but they don't give out regional plaques.

man you are stupid or something? who say that US is the one to choose if he plat or not? USA is just a country just because they bomb afghanistan, iraq and ? innocent people dosent mean you are the best. ? the album went plat in EUROPE and thats it. The album is Platinum. Nice Nas. You are the best. THIS IS the reason why he gonna dropa a next alubm this year. THe got alot of money from this album.

Nasir THE GOAT
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

man you are stupid or something? who say that US is the one to choose if he plat or not? USA is just a country just because they bomb afghanistan, iraq and ? innocent people dosent mean you are the best. ? the album went plat in EUROPE and thats it. The album is Platinum. Nice Nas. You are the best. THIS IS the reason why he gonna dropa a next alubm this year. THe got alot of money from this album.

? THE GOAT

Lol your sweedish education has failed you. the only thing i agree with is that it will eventually go gold in the USA but it will talk a little longer for that. the RIAA certification is by country only. You can't go "gold" in Europe. You have to reach a sales number for each individual country. Same with any country like the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_recording_certifications

just because you sell X amount of albums in europe doesn't give you a plaque. You have to actually sell to the demands of that country's #'s to get gold,plat, etc.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

? THE GOAT

Lol your sweedish education has failed you. the only thing i agree with is that it will eventually go gold in the USA but it will talk a little longer for that. the RIAA certification is by country only. You can't go "gold" in Europe. You have to reach a sales number for each individual country. Same with any country like the United States.

just because you sell X amount of albums in europe doesn't give you a plaque. You have to actually sell to the demands of that country's #'s to get gold,plat, etc.

What's interesting is, in the U.S. Gold, plat etc are based on shipments and not actual sales.

• nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

? THE GOAT

Did you look at your own link? At the very bottom it says 1 million sold combined = plat
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Not to hurt feelings, but it garnered next to no interest outside the internet and ? fans. Internet hype means nothing next to the stuff popular in the everyday world. That said, he has his place and there's nothing wrong with that.

nahhhhh

small promo budget .... and no touring .... and no top 40 hits .... no radio tours

and he still went Gold

sn: to really put this in perspective look @ all the work todays "hottest" artist do just to do Gold or less ... mixtapes, eps, blogs, instagrams, twitter, videos, interviews, singles aimed @ radio etc........
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    havent heard the album but based on the track listing,
    he should have had a Drake(Wayne) feature like someone said earlier.
    Its not like Drake(Wayne) rap like French Montana and both are better than Ross.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Honestly NaS is and his Label are slightly to blame. Even though NaS did release several videos I think the singles he picked didn't try to attract the mainstream. The album still sold over 350k which is more than a lot of so called "Popular" rappers. The only rappers that sold more than NaS in 2012 were Nicki, Kendrick, 2 Chainz, Ross Mackelmore and T.I. all rappers who get more radio play than NaS. NaS should of released more feel good tracks like "Summer on Smash, You wouldn't understand". Even "Reach Out" with Mary could of did some damage. It will be Gold in the long run. To me NaS's last mainstream album was "Hip Hop is Dead and Street's Disciple". "N!gger and Life is Good" were too raw for the mainstream. Overall the album was still a success. 4 Grammy Nods, A World Tour and his 6th #1 album on the charts. This is also the most NaS has been visible in a while. Most of the time NaS drops an album, Drops about 2 singles and disappears. NaS has been everywhere this year.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because even Anita Baker fans wasn't tryna cop these soft ass "quiet storm" tracks .... Might as well file this ? under "easy listening"

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »
    Not to hurt feelings, but it garnered next to no interest outside the internet and ? fans. Internet hype means nothing next to the stuff popular in the everyday world. That said, he has his place and there's nothing wrong with that.

nahhhhh

small promo budget .... and no touring .... and no top 40 hits .... no radio tours

and he still went Gold

sn: to really put this in perspective look @ all the work todays "hottest" artist do just to do Gold or less ... mixtapes, eps, blogs, instagrams, twitter, videos, interviews, singles aimed @ radio etc........

That said, close to gold...Id have to call that a success in this situation.Its true that it didnt garner attention in a lot of circles but in this climate over 300-400 thousand albums sold is success territory.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol what i don't get is ? say meek mill raps to loud (which he does) but then nas music and other rappers music puts ? to sleep? Maybe some of yall ? just don't like rap go listen to some hanna montana b.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think even think nas was expecting to cruise to gold on this one..

at this point in his career im sure he appreciates the fact ppl still check for his music period because a lot of rap game vets and newcomers cant sell half of what he sold..
  • antarticp
    Honestly NaS is and his Label are slightly to blame. Even though NaS did release several videos I think the singles he picked didn't try to attract the mainstream. The album still sold over 350k which is more than a lot of so called "Popular" rappers. The only rappers that sold more than NaS in 2012 were Nicki, Kendrick, 2 Chainz, Ross Mackelmore and T.I. all rappers who get more radio play than NaS. NaS should of released more feel good tracks like "Summer on Smash, You wouldn't understand". Even "Reach Out" with Mary could of did some damage. It will be Gold in the long run. To me NaS's last mainstream album was "Hip Hop is Dead and Street's Disciple". "N!gger and Life is Good" were too raw for the mainstream. Overall the album was still a success. 4 Grammy Nods, A World Tour and his 6th #1 album on the charts. This is also the most NaS has been visible in a while. Most of the time NaS drops an album, Drops about 2 singles and disappears. NaS has been everywhere this year.

nas did that on purpose not sayinng hes avoiding going mainstream on purpose but hes not going to adjust himself to drop a more commercial single to grab the mainstream .... which is why i say Life is Good is a super success .... cause he did him 100% and still went gold and didnt even do a promo tour or radio interviews or anything and he still went gold .......
  • antarticp
    edited May 2013

at this point in his career im sure he appreciates the fact ppl still check for his music period because a lot of rap game vets and newcomers cant sell half of what he sold..

especially without riding the new waves like Jayz and Busta rhymes and Juicy J is doing ..... the closest NEW WAVE nas got on for promo for that album was making an appearance in Nicki Minaj video and kissing her in the video .. which wasnt a bad move @ all even if it didnt help his sales lol ................
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    starvin wrote: »
    People care too much about the numbers

This.

Just listen to the music.

• shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The Don and Nasty were good songs but bad choices as singles. Daughters was one if his best singles and it helped set the mood for how his album would sound. Cherry Wine and Bye Baby were also released as singles them songs just didn't pop.

Nasty was a street single that dropped way before the album dropped. I agree The Don was a mistake. Daughters was fine. I'm stunned Bye Baby & especially Cherry Wine didn't get massive radio play. I thought he & Def Jam promoted & set the album up really well. So you cant blame promotion.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭

I agree somewhat. He knows at this point he's a gold max artist. Hell he said it on "Untitled" in Testify. "? yall lil hoe ? , I don't need yall I'll go gold with it". However he has to be kind of shocked it hasn't been certified by now.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas did go gold.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

This....how is it that this dude 20 years in the game is still able to move more units than popular rappers with songs on the radio all day.....I dont get it lol..