New iPads Rumored to Debut in April, iPhone 5S in August

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Next gen models might be available sooner than expected.

The novelty has hardly worn off the iPhone 5 but that isn't stopping Apple from lining up its next release. iMore is reporting that consumers might be able to get their hands on the iPhone 5S as early as August, a mere eleven months after the iPhone 5's release. Next generation iPads might arrive even sooner with that, with rumors of a potential April release for the iPad 5 and perhaps even the iPad Mini 2 floating about.

According to unnamed sources, the iPhone 5S will likely be a spec upgrade on its predecessor, with improved optics and a more advanced processor anticipated. If the rumors are accurate, consumers can expect a better camera housed inside the same design as the iPhone 5 as well as incremental improvements on the goods under the hood.

The fourth generation iPad and the first iPad Mini were launched in November of last year, making it a remarkably quick turnaround on these new models if the rumors hold true. Though we've already gotten a sneak peek at what is rumored to be the casing for the iPad 5, little is known with regards to its exact specifications. Even less is known about what upgrades Apple has planned for the iPad mini 2, but it seems unlikely that Retina will be included in the next gen model. Stay tuned as we keep our ear to the ground to bring you the latest iDevice rumors as they break.

Comments

• A$AP
    A$AP Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple move to quick
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the saga continues
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple Reportedly Preparing to Begin iPhone 5S Production

Rumors abound of a summer launch.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple is reportedly gearing up to begin production on the iPhone 5S with an eye on a potential summer launch for the device. Sources allegedly involved with the device's production told the Journal that an upgrade to the current iPhone 5 - similar in in scope to the 4S's improvements on the 4 - was in the works though details regarding the 5S's potential specifications were not made available at the time. Apple has thus far declined to comment on the rumors though there has been some speculation about an August release for the iPhone 5S for some time.

iphone-5-thumb-610x530.jpg

It's also rumored that Apple is looking to launch the next version of its operating system sometime in mid-2013, leading some to speculate that the 5S might be the flagship device for the new iOS. Given that Apple has recently been under pressure to meet the pace set by its competitors with rapid fire product launches, it's likely that the company will want to get a new product into the public eye sooner rather than later.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? better have at least a 5 inch screen
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After 5 years, I'm done w the iPhones after this iPhone5
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    I just started looking into getting an Iphone 5 until I heard these rumors but that's pretty dumb isn't it? The Iphone is still pretty new right? Why would they release a new handset when they just released one, T-mobile doesn't even HAVE the Iphone 5 and they're talking about a 5s now?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tmobile does have the iPhone 5
  • supaman4321
    Options
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/4148212/t-mobile-to-carry-the-iphone-starting-on-april-12th-for-99-up-front

I don't see it on their site anywhere either so i'm either going to need you to post up a link stating otherwise or i call ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/4148212/t-mobile-to-carry-the-iphone-starting-on-april-12th-for-99-up-front

I don't see it on their site anywhere either so i'm either going to need you to post up a link stating otherwise or i call ?

http://www.t-mobile.com/
    it's right at the top of the screen available for pre-order
  • supaman4321
    Options
    pre-order meaning it's not available yet which is what i said originally if i'm not mistaken
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Leaked pic, looks like they changed the shape, slightly curved finish.

[img]http://mobilenews.omio.com/wp-content/uploads/Omio-Apple-iPhone-5S-leak_thumb.jpg[/img]

These pictures show an iPhone with a curved rear, in a similar way to the recent HTC One mobile phone.

It also has a curved glass front, in a design that isn’t usually seen on an Apple handset.

The images have been published by mobile phone news website GSMArena, sent in by one of its tipsters.

Its design is noted to coincide with a patent application from Apple, which was approved last week.

The title does stipulate to take these photos with a pinch of salt, as its source could not even swear to their authenticity.

There is also the mentioned of prototypes in the article, where is states all large manufacturers test and consider a number of designs – before settling on the final version.

This could just be one of a string of concepts, either waiting in the wings or being put through its paces by Apple.

Another thought by GSMArena is that it is a specially designed case, to conceal the look of the true iPhone 5S.

We will just have to wait and see what Apple finally unveils, but we doubt this will be the last leak of a supposed iPhone 5S design.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Leaked pic, looks like they changed the shape, slightly curved finish.

Omio-Apple-iPhone-5S-leak_thumb.jpg
    These pictures show an iPhone with a curved rear, in a similar way to the recent HTC One mobile phone.

It also has a curved glass front, in a design that isn’t usually seen on an Apple handset.

The images have been published by mobile phone news website GSMArena, sent in by one of its tipsters.

Its design is noted to coincide with a patent application from Apple, which was approved last week.

The title does stipulate to take these photos with a pinch of salt, as its source could not even swear to their authenticity.

There is also the mentioned of prototypes in the article, where is states all large manufacturers test and consider a number of designs – before settling on the final version.

This could just be one of a string of concepts, either waiting in the wings or being put through its paces by Apple.

Another thought by GSMArena is that it is a specially designed case, to conceal the look of the true iPhone 5S.

We will just have to wait and see what Apple finally unveils, but we doubt this will be the last leak of a supposed iPhone 5S design.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That looks like a Nokia 920 w a wrap
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b00kie wrote: »
    That looks like a Nokia 920 w a wrap

First thing i thought when i first saw it. but because its by apple, the tabernacle of appletards will call the design "innovative, cutting edge, and unique"
  • DNB1
    Options