Scarface Addresses "Biting" In Hip Hop, Calls Out Trap Music

2»

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    the drums and the hi-hats aint the problem, these ? just usin the same tempos and the same norman bates ? soundin ass synths

Lmao @ norman bates ? sounding ass synths. I noticed that too. These quasi/producers are making horror/suspense soundtracks over 808s.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour Grapes. I don't see Ice Cube complainin'. He working with Trap music ? and staying relevant.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    face talked that real in here.? a hater.Face is a G and helped start this trap up

he can say what he want because he shed blood,sweat, and tears in this
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We always have the same old arguments and the same old rebuttals... Older rapper(Legend) comes out and voices his displeasure with hiphop(he has the right to do so) older rap fans for the most part agree, younger rap fans say quit hating old ? and get money. And we go round and round. We have had 80's legends doing this, now we have 90's legends. Something has to be done about this!! We need to appreciate our legends more!! Why should Scarface have to jump on a track with Wiz Khalifah or some ? ? There's a reason why Scarface treats his career like he has. I mean he has like 3 or 4 classic albums!! Everybody don't want to be like Jay Z by jumping on the current hot producers track, or like Snoop just doing whatever it is he does.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These installments are good for a discussion on here. Nothing else. I think the problem is worrying about what others are doing. You can control you. Others are going to do their own thing. Talking about what they do or should do is not my thing. Nobody cares outside of places like this. People are still gon listen to what they want and give no fks.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so he did say shawty redd or whoever invented the trap beats
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip hop is dead...sad to see rappers/people either not realize it or not know how to cope.

Face last album was pretty bad too, previous one to it went hard. Face DA living Goat
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip hop is dead...sad to see rappers/people either not realize it or not know how to cope.

Face last album was pretty bad too, previous one to it went hard. Face DA living Goat

Please shut the ? up with this Hip Hop is dead ? smh, it's not dead ?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errybody know DJ Toomp fathered the Trap sound
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    rapmusic wrote: »
    We always have the same old arguments and the same old rebuttals... Older rapper(Legend) comes out and voices his displeasure with hiphop(he has the right to do so) older rap fans for the most part agree, younger rap fans say quit hating old ? and get money. And we go round and round. We have had 80's legends doing this, now we have 90's legends. Something has to be done about this!! We need to appreciate our legends more!! Why should Scarface have to jump on a track with Wiz Khalifah or some ? ? There's a reason why Scarface treats his career like he has. I mean he has like 3 or 4 classic albums!! Everybody don't want to be like Jay Z by jumping on the current hot producers track, or like Snoop just doing whatever it is he does.

*warning, long post!*

Myself, agree, but that's just a easy way to look at it.

Everything goes back to my earlier post. Jay-Z has a bunch of sponsors/endorsements. Why? Cuz he's able to attract a huge audience. How so? Well he's a dope rapper no doubt, but jumping on hot producers' tracks, a.k.a. staying "current & trendy", to the eye of the main consumer, a.k.a. young teens/young adults/women, buy into you as an artist, your brand & whatever you say/do.

Unfortunately you can't change ? if it doesn't have impact, a.k.a. becomes popular. What Scarface said is said to a crowd of naked ears. "He's irrelevant", "We just out here tryna have fun stop hating", "Who cares. He ain't had a hit in years", "He ain't selling records" etc. Notice the common thread, popularity, #'s, money etc.

Now, Jay-Z is popular & his word is bond to the crowd out there. However it doesn't go along with his brand/business & it means he'll have to risk losing everything that attracts a large % of his fans to begin with, which is money, popularity, "success", wealth etc. & i'm sure the guy who's plan was to squeeze every drip of the lemon ain't about to lose his.

If you wanna change things then it has to begin with someone willing to lose it all, like 2pac said about the black plight. DMX was walking that path but it also made him lose money. Now he's nothing but "crackhead who fell off" to the consumers". Money him & kids now could've eaten out of, so is it even worth risking it all? Once he lost his popularity, his cool after all his arrests and drug habbits people stopped giving a ? about him & his words just like they did the artists before him.

All these brands can't make as much money on a DMX, a "Death Row Snoop Dogg", a Wu-Tang, a "Illmatic Nas" etc. unless it becomes popular to were it attracts a big crowd so they can market their products to their demo via these artist's. It's easier to endorse a rapper who attracts & you can market to a wider audience, ie. Vanilla Ice, Hammer, Eminem (based on his race, not his rap skill), Jay-Z (based on Beyonce, his wealthy image etc., not his rap skill), Drake (child actor, melodic music etc.) etc.

So ? won't change until someone blows up & is willing to school the ignant, superficial hip-hop fans & losing it all while doing it. Or just the fans maturing as far as the way they judge the music, the artist, the culture & what they value. Simple mathematics.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't read all that!
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please shut the ? up with this Hip Hop is dead ? smh, it's not dead ?
    It's dead as ? , but I understand you are going through the stages of grieving....denial being one
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    didn't read all that!

Who said you should? I wasn't even responding to you so that comment makes no sense especially since i put a warning sign in the begining. I know you tryna be funny but that was corny IMO.