Ladies, Why did Y'all Let Koreans Takeover the Black Hair Industry?

Comments

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    lol@natural hair not being for everybody... its your ? hair...

Natural hair might not be the right fit for a woman if:

1. She's not willing to invest in the time it takes to do her own hair--just wants something quick and easy.
    2. She's concerned with what other people think about her.
    4. She wants a more socially conventional hairstyle.
    3. She has expectations of what she "thinks" natural hair should look like. e.g. She wants "curls" and ends up being disappointed with how her hair really looks when she does it.

Of course it's your hair, but there are always reasons why it might not be for everybody, based on how much work they're willing to put into the process or how much they care what other people think.

all the bs these women be putting their hair through, isnt time and investment? Is it really more expensive to grow and clean your own damn hair? Damn.
    I ain't ? no bishes hair.
    The hoes on the backskreets can get the dyuck....ain't nobody trying to marry them.

But you still aren't repulsed by their relaxers enough to not want to ? , are you? :-??

There is absolutely no reason on Gods green earth for a woman to look up to a ? .
    Them backskreet bishes is 45 minuters, dont u females be trying to marry ? , aka be a lifer?

Yeah I'd smash some of them but to think i'd literally marry a woman whose on the poll, take pics in magz, and walk around with their ass out, its not happening.

Sorry for us ? leading u women astray by ? after them bishes.

the bolded- some women don't see it like that. they see the quick fix as getting a relaxer and being done with it. they don't want to go through the process of letting those chemicals grow out or they start the process and don't like the in-between stages.

the underlined is how the simple female mind works. they see what men prefer/like and try to imitate it.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asian hair lady says :

"Yoo ? kin gwet twee racks ob hair for pwice of too"

black-beauty-supply.jpg

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a very strange thread to me because all the hoes y'all talk about 'smashing' and 'EBRC'n' have weave. so, a simple-minded woman would believe that men actually LIKE the fake hair.

What men like is healthy looking combed hair:

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

Khamit+Kinks.jpg or afro.PNG

I'm sorry that ? ain't a hairstyle, unfortunately somebody convinced y'all that it was, and a lot of ladies that rock the natural hair in weird styles looks a damn fool and could be mistaken for:

200px-C-bob.png

That last chic could get the bizness
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So combs are bad for her our hair. I learned something new each and every day.
  • king hassan
    I have always wondered why permed hair came back in style
    My mom and all of my close relatives had big ass sexy fros in the 70s
    Somewhere in the 80s everyone got a curl or a perm and never went back to natural hair.
    They got jobs, corporate Amerikkka changed all that. Then they got then ? gherri curls, smh

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a very strange thread to me because all the hoes y'all talk about 'smashing' and 'EBRC'n' have weave. so, a simple-minded woman would believe that men actually LIKE the fake hair.

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

I'm sorry that ? ain't a hairstyle, unfortunately somebody convinced y'all that it was, and a lot of ladies that rock the natural hair in weird styles looks a damn fool and could be mistaken for:

200px-C-bob.png

She could indeed. Rex would nut all over and in that Sideside Bob mess of a hairdo.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

200px-C-bob.png

? , the second one can too.. although she got that Lorena Bobbitt look in her eyes..
  • king hassan

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

200px-C-bob.png

? , the second one can too.. although she got that Lorena Bobbitt look in her eyes..

The second one cool, but she got that look in her eye, *shudders*
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

683636557_l.jpg

not this ? :

200px-C-bob.png

We are so conditioned in our heads to think that hair must be combed, perfectly neat, washed super often, and slicked down etc. It don't work like that bruh.

your hair should be neat.......male or female
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    kai_valya wrote: »
    oh..i can't stand those 'afro-weaves'. what's the point in THAT.?! but i get how u can get the look w/o the work.

some afro-centric men do look at women who get relaxers or weave as traitors.

people ask me all the time if i get perms/relaxers tho. i hate it.

cosign the bolded, i hate that too. we need to promote natural hair and natural hair care, but also keep in mind that black people have all types of hair. you can't assume that just because it's a certain texture or length that it must be a chemically processed look. other than hair dye, i've never used chemical on my hair, i haven't even dyed it forever

The bold is something I don't see too many women who are natural talk about. It's always assumed if a woman's hair is natural it's got to look like the chicks in the pictures posted. That ? is far from true
  • twatgetta
    How many ladies can post a pic of their natural hair and not a perm? that's the million dollar question
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. She's not willing to invest in the time it takes to do her own hair--just wants something quick and easy.
    3. She has expectations of what she "thinks" natural hair should look like. e.g. She wants "curls" and ends up being disappointed with how her hair really looks when she does it.

Of course it's your hair, but there are always reasons why it might not be for everybody, based on how much work they're willing to put into the process or how much they care what other people think.

all the bs these women be putting their hair through, isnt time and investment? Is it really more expensive to grow and clean your own damn hair? Damn.
    The hoes on the backskreets can get the dyuck....ain't nobody trying to marry them.

But you still aren't repulsed by their relaxers enough to not want to ? , are you? :-??

There is absolutely no reason on Gods green earth for a woman to look up to a ? .
    Them backskreet bishes is 45 minuters, dont u females be trying to marry ? , aka be a lifer?

Yeah I'd smash some of them but to think i'd literally marry a woman whose on the poll, take pics in magz, and walk around with their ass out, its not happening.

yow mi nuh stop cry :((

Dawg, a lot of women go to salons to get their hair done--that's a hell of a lot easier than doing it yourself almost every other day. When I was natural, it was actually more work than a perm/weave/braids. And lol @ deflecting--practice what you preach. You ? say you love natural women so much, yet that's not evidenced by how much you gush over women who aren't.

Bruh look at your words...."love" natural women, thats whom I was equating to long term relationships....."gushing"(your words nh) is what i was equating to the bishes u say us men r ? over, but nobody trying to marry them hoes, except lames and shallow cats.

Thats the thing some females dont get.
    Yall ? about video hoes and more dark skinned women in the videos blah blah blah...but look at them said rappers WIVES? 7 out of 10 times they look nothing like a video ? .
    they might have a baby moms that look like that but not a wife.

I understand though, u c what we ? after and get it confused with what we r looking for.

On the other subject I cant argue what is easier for a woman, when it comes to hair care cause I have a ? ? ! ;)

Only thing I could do is to keep any female fam from the chemical ? at least till they know the repercussions and accept them.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    oh..i can't stand those 'afro-weaves'. what's the point in THAT.?! but i get how u can get the look w/o the work.

cosign the bolded, i hate that too. we need to promote natural hair and natural hair care, but also keep in mind that black people have all types of hair. you can't assume that just because it's a certain texture or length that it must be a chemically processed look. other than hair dye, i've never used chemical on my hair, i haven't even dyed it forever

The bold is something I don't see too many women who are natural talk about. It's always assumed if a woman's hair is natural it's got to look like the chicks in the pictures posted. That ? is far from true

this is a great point, i can't tell you how many people say ? like you can't be african because of my hair texture/type, cuz they seriously think all black people can only have one type of hair texture. just in my family there is a wide range of hair types and textures. i have a fine, but curly type (3a), my sisters range between 3b and 4a, and my mom actually has wavy hair, about a 2c, all natural, never processed

for the love of good people, african genes are the most diverse, so expect a lot of diversity in looks

You can't teach someone who is a lemming minded person.
  • twatgetta
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twatgetta wrote: »
    How many ladies can post a pic of their natural hair and not a perm? that's the million dollar question

i can..

Hmm I don't think all natural hair has to be kinky. What do you mean?
    I think girls with looser textured hair aren't really represented in the natural hair care world because they weren't the ones forced to get perms like girls with kinky hair. Loosely curled hair is considered manageable and "good", while kinky hair is considered "bad" and in need of a relaxer

that's true. after i get asked if i get perms they are really shocked when i tell 'em i'm natural and don't use chemicals on my hair at all. smh..
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    How is all of this important?
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

Dawg, a lot of women go to salons to get their hair done--that's a hell of a lot easier than doing it yourself almost every other day. When I was natural, it was actually more work than a perm/weave/braids. And lol @ deflecting--practice what you preach. You ? say you love natural women so much, yet that's not evidenced by how much you gush over women who aren't.

Bruh look at your words...."love" natural women, thats whom I was equating to long term relationships....."gushing"(your words nh) is what i was equating to the bishes u say us men r ? over, but nobody trying to marry them hoes, except lames and shallow cats.

Yall ? about video hoes and more dark skinned women in the videos blah blah blah...but look at them said rappers WIVES? 7 out of 10 times they look nothing like a video ? .

I understand though, u c what we ? after and get it confused with what we r looking for.

On the other subject I cant argue what is easier for a woman, when it comes to hair care cause I have a ? ? ! ;)

Only thing I could do is to keep any female fam from the chemical ? at least till they know the repercussions and accept them.

That doesn't mean anything because the rappers cheat on their wives with the hoes. Both the hoes and wives are losing!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Hmm I don't think all natural hair has to be kinky. What do you mean?
    I think girls with looser textured hair aren't really represented in the natural hair care world because they weren't the ones forced to get perms like girls with kinky hair. Loosely curled hair is considered manageable and "good", while kinky hair is considered "bad" and in need of a relaxer

The bold is exactly it...if it's not kinky or looking like a fro then some women will argue to their heads explode a woman's hair can't be natural. Just something I observed because one of my best friends is natural as well as 2 women i've dated and I've seen all of them in debates/discussions with other women who refused to believe because their hair wasn't on some Angela Davis afro type texture or resembles one of the women in the pics that were posted they weren't natural or had weave. Hell one of my cousins is only 13 and I've seen grown women tell her "No your mom permed your hair you just probably didn't know it"
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twatgetta wrote: »

i've seen six's beautiful natural mane
    lechic has a gorgeous fro
    i want to make a drawstring ponytail out of Marley's natural curls
    I've posted pics of my natural hair
    that's most of the chicks on here...

pics
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    It is what it is. Most of the liquor stores and and beauty shops in my hood are Korean owned. They know what ? like much more than crackas or a lot of other ? . They been there since before I was born too. Like Cube said as long as you down ass Korean and aint profiling ? in the hood like crackas aint no need for another Black Korea song.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeminiRose wrote: »

That doesn't mean anything because the rappers cheat on their wives with the hoes. Both the hoes and wives are losing!

? get cheated on everyday B.
    Ain't got ? to do with the price of oil.
    My point still stands, they're women u wanna marry and women u wanna ? .

Unfortunately women r looking up to the hoes that r getting ?
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with black women's hair. I guess it's just another way for black men to ? on us.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with black women's hair. I guess it's just another way for black men to ? on us.

Who in the ? is more obessed with black women's hair, more than BLACK WOMEN! The last time I looked their wasn't a a gang of ? across America that are kidnapping black women, taking them hogged tied to the beautician, tying them to chair the hair dyer and forcing to get chemicals applied to the hair that damage the scalp and the hair follicle, that may permanently damage the hair. Naw baby, it's y'all that's doing that ? , not us.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

would you just shut up you stupid race mixing ? . I would drown you in sour milk if I could
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics of your hair?..