J Cole performing at Howard University, funny thing is check out who is audience is.

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
Females rhyming his lyrics word for word, i ain't never seen no ? like that before. Dude might be on to something, appease the hiphop heads and get the females fans.

Comments

• silent k
    silent k Members Posts: 83
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I fuggs wit J. Cole! he spit that real ? ? that aint nerdy or gangsta, just real...this ? is nice but when you talkin bout people rappin the ? word for word, check out that video of Drake performing in Houston...(No J. Cole vs. Drake here lol)...just check it out if you late
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cole my ? . i be reppin for dude, tryna put all my ? onto him...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    silent k wrote: »
    I fuggs wit J. Cole! he spit that real ? ? that aint nerdy or gangsta, just real...this ? is nice but when you talkin bout people rappin the ? word for word, check out that video of Drake performing in Houston...(No J. Cole vs. Drake here lol)...just check it out if you late

I meant female rhyming to a hiphop artist, it aint like J Cole is making pop fluff like Drake is. We know the majority of Drakes fans is teenage girls, they are suppose to know his lyrics. I bet you wouldn't catch most hiphop heads bumping Drakes music.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cole my ? . i be reppin for dude, tryna put all my ? onto him...

same.............
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I meant female rhyming to a hiphop artist, it aint like J Cole is making pop fluff like Drake is. We know the majority of Drakes fans is teenage girls, they are suppose to know his lyrics. I bet you wouldn't catch most hiphop heads bumping Drakes music.[/QUOTE]

This, and I am not trying to be a hater but a lot of his ? sounds too pop ish.
  • piffhuxtable
    piffhuxtable Members Posts: 169
    edited May 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Females rhyming his lyrics word for word, i ain't never seen no ? like that before. Dude might be on to something, appease the hiphop heads and get the females fans.

I told ? Cole got a female fanbase, and is creative and thats what gives me hope that he can succeed. I just want to see if he can make a great album lyrically and musically thats the next step, I like Who Dat, but it don't give me that warm feeling like a classic.
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is what a jay cosign will do, despite what the haters say.
  • McVit
    McVit Members Posts: 189
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • piffhuxtable
    piffhuxtable Members Posts: 169
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this ain't got nothing to do with a Jay co-sign, he's build this up through his music, and working..the correct way.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this ain't got nothing to do with a Jay co-sign, he's build this up through his music, and working..the correct way.

true.................................
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no one was singin lights please word for word until he appeared on a star is born.
  • yungflashy
    yungflashy Members Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Someone put me on some j.cole I've heard of him but never listened to him, same az wale
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CASH RULES wrote: »
    no one was singin lights please word for word until he appeared on a star is born.

And?......
  • dr.oliverpo
    dr.oliverpo Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont give a ? about that ? , every other word out of his mouth is ? his ? that... we get it dude. Got damn... He say ? more than the blackest "? " out there.