Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection

themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
xbigvgbaceaam4r3jpg-largejpegpagespeedicayPOkGn7Am_zps6aeb533b.jpg

A Korean classification rating for something called Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection lists the PS3 as platform and Konami as the registrant. Meanwhile, a tweet from MGS series creator Hideo Kojima points to some sort of collection that includes the first four numbered MGS games, as well as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

That's based on an image Kojima tweeted earlier today (see below the break), featuring the different guises of Snake across the five games, emblazoned across the words 'METAL GEAR SOLID.' Konami has yet to comment on the matter, and the same goes for Mr. Joakim Mogren.

Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont care, i own them all already
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic Mullettness
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Metal Gear Solid 4 ‘Too Enormous’ for Xbox 360

Don’t expect the Legacy Collection any time soon without it.

by Andrew Goldfarb

May 2, 2013

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has explained why Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection will not be released on Xbox 360.

In an online radio show discussing the Legacy Collection (translated by Kotaku), Kojima said "I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of MGS4 hasn't gone on sale. To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."

Kojima pointed out that due to Xbox 360’s use of DVD (as opposed to Sony’s use of Blu-Ray) Metal Gear Solid 4 would require seven discs to be released on Xbox 360. Kojima (presumably referring to the Metal Gear Legacy Collection) said "I want to put it out [on the Xbox 360], but we won't be releasing it." He added that “if we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."

Kojima did note that “when it's the next console, maybe we can release it.”
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Own them all on different consoles, Hideo still getting my damn money. HD version of MGS1? I wont be seen in days
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Own them all on different consoles, Hideo still getting my damn money. HD version of MGS1? I wont be seen in days

no HD version of mgs1. just a voutcher code to download the ps1 version off psn.

no twin snakes either, since it was developed by silicone knights, and not kojima.

MGSTLC_JP-Version.jpg
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    reapin505 wrote: »

no HD version of mgs1. just a voutcher code to download the ps1 version off psn.

no twin snakes either, since it was developed by silicone knights, and not kojima.

MGSTLC_JP-Version.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK0xf7RExk

damn it Kojima.