Fair or foul to switch teams?

Options
white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I've had the same favorite teams in sports all my life, Bills, Sabres, and Red Sox and I've never really had a team in basketball I usually gravitate towards players not teams. I don't know how people jump ship when their teams are doing bad.

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    foul...definitely foul
  • P-Unit Productions
    P-Unit Productions Members Posts: 963 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont understand it either, but it's natural......when you get tired of your job, you jump ship...when you get tired of your girl, you jump ship..Loyalty is non-existent...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nope..you can't be Snoop ? it out here.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Foul...i mean I just cant see myself pulling for any team but the Cowboys no matter how ? the QB is...if u switch to a rival...thats a crime punishable by death
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not the best one to answer this man im a eagles fan and i been seriously thinkin bout switching teams but i dont think i could have the same passion i had for the eagles for any other team....but losing dawkins,westbrook,then mcnabb in what like a year and a half starts to make you wonder
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It all depends on where u were born. If u were born and raised in a city with a major sports franchise u are married to that team for better or worst. You cant switch just because they are losers. Blame your parents not the franchise you were born to watch. If you dont live in a city with a professional team I feel like you have to make a clear choice in teams by the time you reach high school and stick with it. Also if u attend a college you have to root for that school regardless of what your favorite college was growing up. Don't worry, losing builds character and it makes when they finally win feel even better, like the feeling i got when the Phillies won the first championship for my city in my lifetime.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I didn't claim a football team until 2 years ago. So from that point on, W or L that's my team. Once you've established your teams you're foul for not riding with them.

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've been a Jets fan all my life and it's been tough ALOT. Especailly when you've got the other team in the same building winning superbowls. But I know they will always be my team, I don't have the emotional attachment to any other teams except them. As for the Knicks they've been bad for so long that the law of averages will soon even out and they'll become good again soon.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its foul as hell to switch teams....... Ive been a Falcons, Hawks and Braves fan all my life. And all those teams have had they up and downs but id never imagine switching. All those teams ? me off sometimes and id be like ? them. But after I calm down im back watching...... I have other teams that I like to watch but id never switch.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was a 49ers fan growing up. Then the Broncos got Terrell Davis, won a super bowl and updated the jersey when I was in middle school and I started to like them. I always wanted the Nuggets to win (but they sucked), but as a fickle young kid I just liked watching the Bulls smash everybody. When I moved to DC, I felt compelled to rep where I came from so I started being a more vocal, demonstrative Broncos fan. I'd love to see the Rockies win, although I don't really feel attached to any baseball team. I won't switch now.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not the best one to answer this man im a eagles fan and i been seriously thinkin bout switching teams but i dont think i could have the same passion i had for the eagles for any other team....but losing dawkins,westbrook,then mcnabb in what like a year and a half starts to make you wonder

honestly I think in this case you can jump ship. If the organization just starts ripping apart everything that got you interested in that franchise then you have a right to stand up and say ? this I'm out.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It all depends on where u were born. If u were born and raised in a city with a major sports franchise u are married to that team for better or worst. You cant switch just because they are losers. Blame your parents not the franchise you were born to watch. If you dont live in a city with a professional team I feel like you have to make a clear choice in teams by the time you reach high school and stick with it. Also if u attend a college you have to root for that school regardless of what your favorite college was growing up. Don't worry, losing builds character and it makes when they finally win feel even better, like the feeling i got when the Phillies won the first championship for my city in my lifetime.

real ? ? mayne

except that part about the Phillies. ? y'all.
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Flagrant 2, atomatic ejection
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Foul business mayne. It's been tough being a Mavs fan these last 3-4 years but I haven't switched
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd say no in MOST cases. But if your franchise is just year after year, not trying to get better I can see abandoning them.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

? I'm a Raider fan and I'd never EVER consider switchin' teams, and you see the kinda ? that ? Al Davis puts us through. Why you cryin? Ya'll have a competent owner. A good coach. And have been competitive the last ten years.....

My team was competitive for 4 out of the last 12 years and sucked every year before and after that. The only Superbowl we've went to in my lifetime, we were blown the ? out by our own coach and then went on to set records for most consecutive 11 loss seasons......AND we drafted JaMarcus Russell...

But you wanna cop out 'cause they got rid of some aging/injury prone players? Wheretheydothatat? I don't know about ya'll man.

Then again, your location says Baltimore, so like Imaginary Playaz said, you may get a pass here. I still don't agree with that.

I watched my Bulls get within 1 failed baseball career away from winning 8+ straight championships and then watched them struggle to win 15-20 games from 1998-2002. Fair weather fans don't make no sense to me....
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Switch teams????
    Wheretheydothatat??
    Im die hard Braves, Falcons, Hawks, GaTech fan...
    And in my 25 years my braves have won 1 title back waaay the ? back like 15 years ago, and my Yellow Jackets won a title way back in 90, and it was pre BCS at that....
    Other than that it has been 25 years of heart ache...but do u think I would ever think about switching teams??? Hell no, Im riding or dying with my ? ...lol
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    Foul...i mean I just cant see myself pulling for any team but the Cowboys no matter how ? the QB is...if u switch to a rival...thats a crime punishable by death

I have a hard time understanding how u can hate romo.... Some ppl wanted us to trade him for jay cutler I don't understand the hate I was at the barbershop and some dumb ? was sayin Jason Campbell is better than romo before the season....... Now I understand switching teams if ur a broncos fan and the owner just lets his coach get rid of scheffler cutler and Marshall... And all mcdaniels did was draft a project receiver who can't run routes and got open bc of play action option passes... Thrn he drafts that cornball tebow...
  • ya boi g
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Switch teams????
    Wheretheydothatat??
    Im die hard Braves, Falcons, Hawks, GaTech fan...And in my 25 years my braves have won 1 title back waaay the ? back like 15 years ago, and my Yellow Jackets won a title way back in 90, and it was pre BCS at that....
    Other than that it has been 25 years of heart ache...but do u think I would ever think about switching teams??? Hell no, Im riding or dying with my ? ...lol

Tech? Really?.... BullDawgs!!!!! We run this state!!!! lol.....
  • ya boi g
    edited May 2010
    Options

No....... I was a big BullDawgs fan growing up and I went to UWG instead of UGA. Im still rootin for my BullDawgs homie.......
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    ? I'm a Raider fan and I'd never EVER consider switchin' teams, and you see the kinda ? that ? Al Davis puts us through. Why you cryin? Ya'll have a competent owner. A good coach. And have been competitive the last ten years.....

My team was competitive for 4 out of the last 12 years and sucked every year before and after that. The only Superbowl we've went to in my lifetime, we were blown the ? out by our own coach and then went on to set records for most consecutive 11 loss seasons......AND we drafted JaMarcus Russell...

But you wanna cop out 'cause they got rid of some aging/injury prone players? Wheretheydothatat? I don't know about ya'll man.

Then again, your location says Baltimore, so like Imaginary Playaz said, you may get a pass here. I still don't agree with that.

I watched my Bulls get within 1 failed baseball career away from winning 8+ straight championships and then watched them struggle to win 15-20 games from 1998-2002. Fair weather fans don't make no sense to me....

+my question is this...ok i became an eagles fan because at the time baltimore didnt have a team and i have never liked the redskins...Philadelphia was the next closet city...when i started to understand football it was mcnabb,dawkins and duece staley(later westbrook) that took me from being a casual fan to a die hard fan......at this point my hometown gotta team but i wasnt tryna jump on the bandwagon you know i really started watching football in 2000 and well ravens won the superbowl wouldve looked funny if then i became a fan

fast forward to now and every player who made me an eagles fan is gone....i hate andy reid and only player that is still there that i like is david akers(and maybe deshaun) lol is it too late for me to root for the hometown team(hypothetical question because all the ? i done talked to ravens fans i couldn't join them)
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Tech? Really?.... BullDawgs!!!!! We run this state!!!! lol.....

yeah man I already know, my whole house was Bulldawg nation growing up...
    I actually started rooting for them to ? my pops and my uncle off, and I guess it just stuck....
    I ? with UGA tho.....