Injustice Everywhere

bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

Good website right there, guy I know runs it and it keeps tabs on all the police misconduct that goes on in our country. You'd be suprised at the ? that happens every ? day. Subscribe to the RSS feeder so u can get updates immediately.

Someone once told me eventually we will have a police state in this country...I laughed, I said WE ALREADY HAVE A POLICE STATE!

Comments

• TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited April 2010
    i new the police were corrupt, but got dayum.. but when you think about it police are still people and commit crimes as people do. as they are people of course they are corrupt. but by that logic, we should, in someway be able to put them in check. WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited April 2010
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Dr. Manhattan
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    Dr. Manhattan

okay so a sociopath who no longer connects to society watches the guys who watch society and in affect watches society. that book is a great what if scenario on both the cold war and superheroes, but not to cahnge the subject and have this discussion moved to another place, I beleive Training Day had too many elements of the truth for comfort
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited April 2010
    okay so a sociopath who no longer connects to society watches the guys who watch society and in affect watches society. that book is a great what if scenario on both the cold war and superheroes, but not to cahnge the subject and have this discussion moved to another place, I beleive Training Day had too many elements of the truth for comfort

I hear you man. That's why I am for a privitized police force, you dont like them, they can be fired. You cant fire the government.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    I hear you man. That's why I am for a privitized police force, you dont like them, they can be fired. You cant fire the government.

no ? , but im afraid that even that would become corrupt. the human factor destroys every good idea. power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. even if you wouldnt become corrupt, someone eventually would. so we need to change things up as often as possible in order to avoid that corruption
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited April 2010
    no ? , but im afraid that even that would become corrupt. the human factor destroys every good idea. power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. even if you wouldnt become corrupt, someone eventually would. so we need to change things up as often as possible in order to avoid that corruption

That's one theory, but hey lets give it a shot!
    Another state would replace the first

It can be argued that a private defense agency would inevitably gain a military monopoly through economy of scale thus securing significant market power and undermining potential entrants into the market. Anarcho-capitalists cite the power of market competition as a check on monopoly, the defensive nature of private security, and the level of offensive force that is required to prevent competition.

On page 41 of The Market for Liberty, the Tannehills claims that "[Government] attracts the worst kind of men to its ranks, shackles progress, forces its citizens to act against their own judgment, and causes recurring internal and external strife by its coercive existence. In view of all this, the question becomes not, “Who will protect us from aggression?” but “Who will protect us from the governmental ‘protectors’?” The contradiction of hiring an agency of institutionalized violence to protect us from violence is even more foolhardy than buying a cat to protect one’s parakeet."[70]

The Tannehills, however, maintain that no coercive monopoly of force can arise on a truly free market. They write on page 81 that "A private defense service company, competing in an open market, couldn’t use force to hold onto its customers—if it tried to compel people to deal with it, it would compel them to buy protection from its competitors and drive itself out of business. The only way a private defense service company can make money is by protecting its customers from aggression, and the profit motive guarantees that this will be its only function and that it will perform this function well."[71] They go on to write:
    Private defense service employees would not have the legal immunity which so often protects governmental policemen. If they committed an aggressive act, they would have to pay for it, just the same as would any other individual. A defense service detective who beat a suspect up wouldn’t be able to hide behind a government uniform or take refuge in a position of superior political power. Defense service companies would be no more immune from having to pay for acts of initiated force and fraud than would bakers or shotgun manufacturers. ... Because of this, managers of defense service companies would quickly fire any employee who showed any tendency to initiate force against anyone, including prisoners. To keep such an employee would be too dangerously expensive for them. A job with a defense agency wouldn’t be a position of power over others, as a police force job is, so it wouldn't attract the kind of people who enjoy wielding power over others, as a police job does. In fact, a defense agency would be the worst and most dangerous possible place for sadists! Government police can afford to be brutal—they have immunity from prosecution in all but the most flagrant cases, and their “customers” can’t desert them in favor of a competent protection and defense agency. But for a free-market defense service company to be guilty of brutality would be disastrous. Force—even retaliatory force—would always be used only as a last resort; it would never be used first, as it is by governmental police.[72]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalist
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    its such a great idea. i would go for it if it didnt remind me so much of the ceasar situation. they had this rule that when the country was in danger one man had to step up and take all the power and responsibility. ceasar never gave it back... but possibley we have evolved more as a people. im not against giving it a shot.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    That's one theory, but hey lets give it a shot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalist

those are great points. but when you give too many people too much power and responsibility, whats to stop them from taking over if they dont like the way things are going? they have the guns, they have the power. guns germs and steel
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    im one to vouch and say the US government is ? as ? .... police forces over-enforcing.. politicians corrupt -> im from jersey.. ive been profiled.. pulled over.. pushed.. maced.. harassed by cops... but yo..

on a serious note.. most of yall hate the government officials for no valid reason.. if your standing near a bodega with all your buddies.. and you get brolic with a cop.. you deserve to get slapped the ? up.. its all common sense.. if the officer doesnt quite understand and might think we are back in 1940s thats when you get your iphone and start filming!!

but if you think the U.S is foul? trying living in Iraq.. or somewhere middle east.. you wouldnt be making a post like this in public.. lol.. thats facts ma dude..
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited April 2010
    im one to vouch and say the US government is ? as ? .... police forces over-enforcing.. politicians corrupt -> im from jersey.. ive been profiled.. pulled over.. pushed.. maced.. harassed by cops... but yo..

on a serious note.. most of yall hate the government officials for no valid reason.. if your standing near a bodega with all your buddies.. and you get brolic with a cop.. you deserve to get slapped the ? up.. its all common sense.. if the officer doesnt quite understand and might think we are back in 1940s thats when you get your iphone and start filming!!

but if you think the U.S is foul? trying living in Iraq.. or somewhere middle east.. you wouldnt be making a post like this in public.. lol.. thats facts ma dude..

an a fair point. we are not saying the us is bad per se, but it could be better. and why the hell dont we try to make it better? ive been to guatamala (on a mission trip ironically) and i have seen how bad things are out there. but we cant really fix them, and even if we could, it would be the blind leading the blind at this point. how can we justify making them like us when we are not all the great?
  • independentsoundlab
    edited April 2010
    an a fair point. we are not saying the us is bad per se, but it could be better. and why the hell dont we try to make it better? ive been to guatamala (on a mission trip ironically) and i have seen how bad things are out there. but we cant really fix them, and even if we could, it would be the blind leading the blind at this point. how can we justify making them like us when we are not all the great?

its one of them things.. you juss cant fix. even in the U.S..
    i believe history plays its parts.. bad blood.. it all started when they invaded Africa.. etc.
    the places we live, surrounded by drugs, guns, and homicide.. influence the way you grow up.. i was raised fatherless.. and went to a public school where I learned more about females, weed, and rapping then math and reading at the age of 10.. lol feel me..
    i think one has to be born with the urgency to get out the hood and do good.. thats why you have a handful of productive brothers out there with good careers.. but even they can get the treatment..

you can try and rebuild ya city and surrounding areas.. and talk to youth, etc. etc.. ? just doesnt work.. the system has it that the majority of people locked up are black and latinos.. so go after black and latinos, they are the bad guys.. all we can really do is pressure, bug the ? out of city officials or whoever.. so they can act and do something.. Ala Rev. Al Sharpton..

racial profiling will exist forever.. if you get stopped..
    juss make sure your paperwork straight and legit.. lol:D
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    its one of them things.. you juss cant fix. even in the U.S..
    i believe history plays its parts.. bad blood.. it all started when they invaded Africa.. etc.
    the places we live, surrounded by drugs, guns, and homicide.. influence the way you grow up.. i was raised fatherless.. and went to a public school where I learned more about females, weed, and rapping then math and reading at the age of 10.. lol feel me..
    i think one has to be born with the urgency to get out the hood and do good.. thats why you have a handful of productive brothers out there with good careers.. but even they can get the treatment..

you can try and rebuild ya city and surrounding areas.. and talk to youth, etc. etc.. ? just doesnt work.. the system has it that the majority of people locked up are black and latinos.. so go after black and latinos, they are the bad guys.. all we can really do is pressure, bug the ? out of city officials or whoever.. so they can act and do something.. Ala Rev. Al Sharpton..

racial profiling will exist forever.. if you get stopped..
    juss make sure your paperwork straight and legit.. lol:D

i disagree respectfully with the fact that things cannot change. if people didnt keep gettin killed, and then theyr followers giving up or becoming extreme, then they couldve change the world. they just needed a good best friend that was just as persuasive and intelligent as them to continue theyre work. the world can change, french revolutions and not. but we are smart enough now to not use violence. btw we can have a true revolution because due to the verb revolve in revolution, it has to come full circle.
  • independentsoundlab
    edited May 2010
    i disagree respectfully with the fact that things cannot change. if people didnt keep gettin killed, and then theyr followers giving up or becoming extreme, then they couldve change the world. they just needed a good best friend that was just as persuasive and intelligent as them to continue theyre work. the world can change, french revolutions and not. but we are smart enough now to not use violence. btw we can have a true revolution because due to the verb revolve in revolution, it has to come full circle.

i feel you dude..
    but i cant see it.. in all honesty.. revolutions without bloodshed are laughed that.. not even looked at or taken serious.. maybe a massive movement can impact in some way or form.. like a million man march.. but what then after? what will be accomplished? everybodys a follower.. until you decide either.. go your seperate way or get even more gangster.. your not just born into an O.G.

Humans are naturally violent people.. since being a toddler when you wouldnt want to share..and You cant blame it on parenting all the way.. cuz ive seen cats with good parents and just go down south.. i wouldnt even trust $10 with a friend.. friends most of the time are the ones to drag you under.. sooo.. i feel you, maybe a good mentor you mean.. even that.. ehhh..

younguns just dont listen.. sometimes you juss gotta let justice be done by the community instead of enforced by pigs..

in other countries.. im down for the revolution..
    in the US.. if a movement formed.. im down all the way.. but a revolution? cant see it.. only way so if a really bad racial injustice happen.. which in all cases - something has to happen for you to revolve..
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited May 2010
    i feel you dude..
    but i cant see it.. in all honesty.. revolutions without bloodshed are laughed that.. not even looked at or taken serious.. maybe a massive movement can impact in some way or form.. like a million man march.. but what then after? what will be accomplished? everybodys a follower.. until you decide either.. go your seperate way or get even more gangster.. your not just born into an O.G.

Humans are naturally violent people.. since being a toddler when you wouldnt want to share..and You cant blame it on parenting all the way.. cuz ive seen cats with good parents and just go down south.. i wouldnt even trust $10 with a friend.. friends most of the time are the ones to drag you under.. sooo.. i feel you, maybe a good mentor you mean.. even that.. ehhh..

younguns just dont listen.. sometimes you juss gotta let justice be done by the community instead of enforced by pigs..

in other countries.. im down for the revolution..
    in the US.. if a movement formed.. im down all the way.. but a revolution? cant see it.. only way so if a really bad racial injustice happen.. which in all cases - something has to happen for you to revolve..

too true. i was just pointing out the misuse of the word revolution in some cases. if you want a revolutio it all winds up back where it started... and as for the movement, who is willing to lead a movement in this society of me me me me my my my my , more more more more, race race race race. who has the ? to step up and progress? and i know that the only price society will recognize is blood. its...well sad but true