Usher back on that R&B $h!t in Studio with Jermine Dupri for New Album

waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Transformation Begins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCgruGm3fQ&playnext=1&list=PL7396E30ADC742775&feature=results_video

No Name of the title of the album, but for damn sure that techno pop ? is gone, JD done released some flicks of Usher, him and Jeezy in the studio and confirms that they are working on Usher new album.....

R&B is making a comeback with some heavy hitters, that pop and techno ? is bout to take a backseat.....

young-jeezy-usher-1-1.jpg

Usher has been experimenting with different producers, but he’s returning to familiar territory. The R&B superstar is back in the studio with Jermaine Dupri working on his next album.

“Me and Usher back in the lab,” said J.D. along with a photo of them.

J.D. has worked with Usher since the beginning on his career and produced some of his biggest hits including “U Got It Bad,” “Burn,” and “You Make Me Wanna…” But he was noticeably absent from his last project, 2012’s Looking 4 Myself.

Usher recently performed with Cincinnati rock band The Afghan Whigs at SXSW and has been inspired by indie acts. “It’s gonna be frickin’ out of here,” he told The FADER of his upcoming album. “Space and sky is what it will be. If you look up, it’s everything you could imagine.”

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've always been a fan of Usher but ill believe when i hear it
  • waterproof
    @BlackGearld

Jermine and Usher have 8 songs knocked out already, but they got the studio on lock, they hired security and all that ? so leaks can get out....You know ? is about to Big....

for all that Timbaland talk and no doubt he's a beast he learned from the Best in Devante Swing but people need to stop fronting on Dupri.

The ? gave us Confessions that went diamond and was a major force hind The Emancipation of Mimi 5x,

I mean we belong together was voted the best song of the decade, i am waiting to see what's going to be drop
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh but according 2 da ic rnb dead...
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good that JD is doing the bulk of an Usher album again. The last time JD helmed the bulk of an Usher album was Usher's My Way in '97. History might repeat. Last time an Usher album missed gold (his debut album), Jermaine Dupri was brought in to produce the sophomore and that's when Usher really blew up. Maybe this album will re-launch him back to the commercial success and quality of My Way, 8701 and Confessions.

On a side note, when Usher's brought up, it's like anything pre- Confessions doesn't exist. It's like these songs never existed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8HcWBfspoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1WJh5_8M8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-I86eGJh-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4roUtBZUx-k

Bonus (since Timbo was mentioned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7eI0XJTMpc

• waterproof
    edited April 2013
    Hell yeah Dupri put the battery in Ushers career with My Way Dupri didnt just laced his album he took over control of Usher marketing, remember on his first album Laface tried to make the lil chubby ? on some sex symbol ? for the kiddies how in the hell you flop with Diddy and the hittman, al. b sure and devante swing with his side kick darrly pearson on the boards......

but with My Way they gave him to Dupri and the rest is history My Way and 8701 is great albums but Nice N Slow is one of my favorite from Usher.

But every banging and classic album from USHER Dupri was overseeing the album as Exec Producer and handling the bulk of productions
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shut the ? up you got damn ? .

r&b is dead... if a ? gotta make a big deal about a "return to the love" or "return to form" then whats that telling you?

sheep. people like you try to say that ? like frank ocean are r&b... NO.

that ? so far from r&b that even Tosh.0 said his corny ass aint r&b...

Lol....smh.... U should be a Lil more subtle wit yo trolling..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »

The ? gave us Confessions that went diamond
    Eh, he only produced 5 of the songs on there (4 depending on the version) Confession Pt 1 and 2, Burn, My Boo, and Do It To Me. Of course, those are some of the best songs on the album imo.

Lookin forward to what they're cookin up though. JD hasn't been in the spotlight much, so hopefully he's got some heat.
  • georgia boi
    shut the ? up you got damn ? .

r&b is dead... if a ? gotta make a big deal about a "return to the love" or "return to form" then whats that telling you?

sheep. people like you try to say that ? like frank ocean are r&b... NO.

that ? so far from r&b that even Tosh.0 said his corny ass aint r&b...

R&B didn't die. There's still quality R&B out there. Sales is the only area in which R&B is suffering. Mary J. Blige's and Alicia Keys (even if she's crossed over) are the only R&B artists to sell over 500K since 2011. Neither of them went the route of having a Euro influenced techno record on their album. It speaks volumes of how unnecessary it was to do have records like that on R&B albums and still not move units. MJB and A. Keys sold without resorting to such even if it was less than what they usually sold.

Quality wise, there's still Anthony Hamilton, Chrisette Michele, Jill Scott, Kem, and several others still making quality R&B.
  • georgia boi
    @BlackGearld

Jermine and Usher have 8 songs knocked out already, but they got the studio on lock, they hired security and all that ? so leaks can get out....You know ? is about to Big....

for all that Timbaland talk and no doubt he's a beast he learned from the Best in Devante Swing but people need to stop fronting on Dupri.

The ? gave us Confessions that went diamond and was a major force hind The Emancipation of Mimi 5x,

I mean we belong together was voted the best song of the decade, i am waiting to see what's going to be drop

TIMBO ONLY GOOD FOR LEAKING ? 8 MONTHS BEFORE HE SHOULD.

and I'll believe it when i hear it...

? better not sound like a donell jones album, I KNOW THAT.

Timbaland >>>>>>

Records leak all the time, it's inevitable, but his resume speaks for itself.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bout time that ? came back to his senses
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good because ever since that 20/20 album dropped I picked up confessions and been listening to that all day.
  • waterproof

The ? gave us Confessions that went diamond
    Eh, he only produced 5 of the songs on there (4 depending on the version) Confession Pt 1 and 2, Burn, My Boo, and Do It To Me. Of course, those are some of the best songs on the album imo.

Lookin forward to what they're cookin up though. JD hasn't been in the spotlight much, so hopefully he's got some heat.

and also he wrote some songs on the album and put everybody in their place and guided the album as the executive producer
  • waterproof
    Usher reuniting with Jermaine Dupri for new album

Jermaine Dupri and Usher created classic music such as "Confessions," as a duo. The 2004 release, which is hailed as a classic, remains Usher's highest selling album and the last R&B album to sell 10 million copies. For a while, we weren't sure if the duo would ever work together again but, all that changed when a photo of the boys, with the caption "Me and Usher back in the lab," putting our speculations to an end!

In an interview with TheUrbanDaily, Jermain Dupri spoke about the high expectations surrounding them working together.

"When you do the records and you do that many numbers, and you have that many number ones, it's a lot riding on your back. It would have to be something me and Usher sit around and talk about because it's not like we can just go in the studio because y'all gonna critique it against "Confessions." I don't ever feel like I've made a record better than the ones I've already made. I don't think I ever made a song bigger than "Jump." But I did "confessions" and "We Belong Together." These records have a place out there that feels like they're bigger but I don't believe that they're bigger. So in my mind, I'm saying, "I don't know if I can make a song bigger than "Confessions." I believe I can because I have a bone in my body that says Quincy Jones was 50 when he did "Thriller," so Jermaine, you got ten years left to figure this out. [laughs] I feel like there's something in me to do it but its a difficult task. It ain't easy. We just ain't gonna go into the studio one day and surpass what we already did. Like I said before, a lot if people don't want that weight. I don't mind it, but at the end if the day, Usher and I just need to have a conversation."
  • waterproof
    Justin timberlake must have Ethered that soul

tumblr_m37lccssWo1qlxzsyo1_500.jpg
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when it comes out. He said this last time , the techno/pop sound is good for that euro and sterling pound especially when the artists tour Europe.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    I popped in that 8701...? still sounds fresh..."I don't know what you came to do gurl" and that twerk it out
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's who he shouldve done all his albums with.Jermaine Dupri made alot of hits for Usher
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin timberlake must have Ethered that soul

? Justin Timberlake and his overrated ass album.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's who he shouldve done all his albums with.Jermaine Dupri made alot of hits for Usher
    Besides the last 2 or 3 they've mostly been done by JD.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im still predicting at least one song on ushers new album will be produced by will.I.am, diplo, david gueta or one of them ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    im still predicting at least one song on ushers new album will be produced by will.I.am, diplo, david gueta or one of them ?

or two.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I hope its great. i think it will be.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    I really hope son brings that heat leave that damn black eye peas euro sound alone ? if u want to do a hip hopish son or two ill take a "Yeah!" ish ? over all that euro/futuristic ?