What would your comic book universe look like?

EtherealAmotekun
EtherealAmotekun Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
If you had the money, desire or time to design your own comic book universe what would it be?

More like marvel or dc or would you make it more realistic? Would you have more black people, asians and latinos or would you try and cater to the fantasies of a majority white owned industry?
If I ever get around to my project I want to make it more diverse and what not. Blend together a little futurism with dystopia have a blend between science and mysticism and definitely more black people.

I'm reading Brave New World and it has some inspiring imagery.

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    racially diverse..and the black character wouldnt be the cookie cutter strong type with a heart of gold (john stewart, cyborg, icon, bloodwynd, falcon, panther, lighting) they would be layered..some braniacs,arrogant, showoffs and comedy type characters.
    also black characters wouldnt be the same shade of brown
    more asians and other races also
    and when a character dies...there is no coming back
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manga full of real ? .
  • Copper
    -also I would have villians beefing with villians
    -story arcs centered around villians with them being the main character
    -moraless heroes clashing with heroes with morales
    -villains with morales and good intentions clashing with ones without
    -villans winning battles and able to take over countries/planets on ocassion
    -characters turning from villian to hero and vise versa
  • EtherealAmotekun
    EtherealAmotekun Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    The way I'd write my ? it wouldn't be a bunch of random powers thrown together with no rhyme or reason, shots fired at marvel. Powers, if any would have to be based on rules whether scientific or mystic.

I iono if I'd have aliens or not but it'd have to be a dope ass species not no foo foo ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Heavy Metal... but more nudity

heavymetal.jpg
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that comic strip For Better or Worse which chronicles the live of this Canadian family and characters get older? I would do that, but at a slower rate. So for example, five years in real world equal one in mine.

Characters would get old, retire and die.

Characters would have crises of faith, (a hero would wonder, "Is it all worth it?" Villains would have a change of heart.

Some heroes would have "government sanctions," while others would be straight up vigilantes this would create conflict with licensed and unlicensed heroes.

Some people dislike each due to personality conflicts, either due to ? making money of their images, (heroing for profit and not for the greater good,) political differences, beefing over hoe or treatment of hoes, e.g. the young teen heroine chick likes the ? hero dude, but the nerdy hero dude gets no play from the young heroine chick, ? hero smashes, then dashes on the young heroine chick and treats her as a jump off. Young nerdy hero dude starts simpin' and gets mad at the ? hero and it creates beef.

Death by friendly fire.

Death by fragging

No ? in Rex's comic book universe.

CopperKing wrote: »
    and when a character dies...there is no coming back

Powerful and co-sign, death needs to be real and its ramifications felt. It would take an extradordinary circumstance to resurrect a character.
  • Copper
    -also gov. agencies (among other groups) would be bidding over young heroes due to thier potential and power level
    -some heroes would be treated like superstars and get endorsements or bonuses ...creating incentitives for taking down certain villains or squashing turmoil...which would also cause heroes to clash
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CopperKing wrote: »
    -also gov. agencies (among other groups) would be bidding over young heroes due to thier potential and power level
    -some heroes would be treated like superstars and get endorsements or bonuses ...creating incentitives for taking down certain villains or squashing turmoil...which would also cause heroes to clash

Sounds like

8wz4pc.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    bad hoes walkin all over the place
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine would be more like DC's universe, have some super powerful folks, and people just strong enough to defend from those powerful folks.

A big theme in my universe would be non powered governments trying to persuade or control these super powered beings to fighting for their cause, good or bad. It would have other planets and stuff. No Parallel universes tho, i hate that ? lol.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Illuminati conspiracies, government created telepaths/psionic androids with the number 15 (John Wilkes Booth, James Earl Ray) to assassinate people. Aliens/ Angels, evil popes with superpowers like false prophets. Man getting powers from ? /Devil and Angels placing bets on who would win by placing them in arena matches. A couple of Batman (without the cheesy cape) type heroes/villains with extremely high IQ's that are self trained in martial arts and the ability to withstand telepaths infiltrating their heads. Noone would really die because they all tie into the afterlife.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No parallel universe's. There would be know winning fights against people who are beyond your power set unless there is a logical explanation (sneak attack, gimmick, prep, kryptonite, etc).

Immortal mother ? and Gods wouldn't be losing to earth bound characters (ie: Sentry beating Thor). There wouldn't any kind of immortal people dying.

Consistency in the writing is most important. You create a character write the first 2 series and consultnon everything else. Don't let ? outside of the character.

Minimal power ups ie: runes, power cosmic, etc

Everyone would fight each other and I would have constant crossovers with both DC and marvel.