What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

DJ Premier Talks New Kanye Album: 'No Electro... Just Boom Bap'

iniainia Posts: 163 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
http://www.vibe.com/posts/dj-premier-new-kanye-west-album-no-electro-just-boom-bap

DJ Premier Talks New Kanye Album: 'No Electro... Just Boom Bap'
VIBE.COM
By: kmurphy Posted 4-29-2010 3:12 pm

With Kanye West busy recording his upcoming tentatively-titled album Good Ass Job in his Diamond Head, Hawaii studio, another legendary producer is offering insight into the buzz-heavy project.

“I'm working with Kanye. He reached out to me like, ‘Yo, you at the studio?’" “DJ Premier tells VIBE. "He came by at 8 p.m. and didn’t leave until three in the morning. We were drinking Grey Goose and just bugging out. It was me, Kanye and Showbiz, from Showbiz & AG talking about the whole industry.”

As for Good Ass Job’s overall sound, Preemo says the album, which also reportedly features production from RZA, Q-Tip and Pete Rock, will be a nod to early ‘90s hip hop.

“He told me how he wanted this album to be really boom-bap, hard, hard beats,” Premier says. “He said, ‘No electro Preem, I swear no electro [Laughs].’ Ye is still that crazy dude he’s always been. He’s really focused on making this album raw. So I gave him a banger and he said he wanted two more on top of that one. I’m giving him two more this week.”

Both Premier and Kanye are No. 1 seeds in VIBE's Greatest Hip Hop Producers Of All Time contest.
—Keith Murphy

Replies