I can only maintain my fro for 3 days and its ? looking afterwards. :(

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    @sixsicksins what about sulfate free shampoo?

i've heard co-washing doesn't really 'wash' the hair. what's the drop on that?
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sixsicksins what about sulfate free shampoo?

i've heard co-washing doesn't really 'wash' the hair. what's the drop on that?

Yeah, sulfates are a no go. They completely strip your hair...I may use them once or twice a year for a super cleansing.

I really like like Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention 'Poo & the Yucca & Baobab Thickening 'poo...they're lovely.

Co-washing does wash the hair but it doesn't strip the hair of its natural oils...constantly stripping the hair is BAD. It does clean it though. I hope this answered your question!
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    --**Find a good conditioner to use in your regimen to cowash (conditioner wash) with. Ones I use- V05 Moisture Milks, Suave Coconut/Humectants, Aussie Moist, Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence. Once again, make sure you grab the conditioner since you’re forgoing shampoo.**

I use those conditioners. 3 minute miracle by Aussie is great too.
  • Westie
    Options
    I had to simplify my regimen it's very time consuming. I wash and deep condition once a week with a co wash in between. Aveda has good shampoos IMO. Coconut oil for errrything.
  • Purr
    Options
    I use nexus & redken. is that good product to use for my hair?
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Purr
    Options
    ↑ shut the ? up with your unwanted opinion. why are you in this thread?

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^Dude said the only thing worth anything in this thread, and he did it with a picture.

Dread that up and let it take care of itself instead of being exploited by all these "natural hair" products.
  • Purr
    Options
    ^^Dude said the only thing worth anything in this thread, and he did it with a picture.

Dread that up and let it take care of itself instead of being exploited by all these "natural hair" products.

shut the hell up. I don't want locs.

why are you in this thread to place your silly ass opinion where no one cares about?

what natural hair products are you talking about? are you referring to nexus and redken? lol how silly of you dumb dumb @shivedreadz
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dread that ? up

or say ? it and keep lookin like harriet tubman
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, are you broads really and truly ready to leave that perm ? alone and be natural like the pic @allah posted?

stop bulsshittin' and do it. ? what your friends say.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @lechic i dont even know what that product line is. I think the whole ? is silly when people try to be african by european standards.

Some people not ready for the struggle so i understand your abrasiveness towards dreads.

If this is something you truly want i praise you for it, but if you are just going through a natural hair phase like a lot of these broads are ? you and this thread.
  • Purr
    Options
    @lechic i dont even know what that product line is. I think the whole ? is silly when people try to be african by european standards.

Some people not ready for the struggle so i understand your abrasiveness towards dreads.

If this is something you truly want i praise you for it, but if you are just going through a natural hair phase like a lot of these broads are ? you and this thread.

bruh. just stop. you're embarrassing yourself.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Options
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • Purr
    Options

shut the ? up. no one gives a ? about your opinion ugly.
  • Westie
    Options
    Why are dreads the only natural style you men think you can do? I've been natural since last February and I flat iron my hair. Still natural. It's always suspect to me when men have such strong opinions on hair styles, makeup and fashion.