"Futurama" cancelled by Comedy Central.

2»

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I just wanna see the simpsons go to some ridiculous number of seasons so that it will forever be remembered as the longest running cartoon sitcom.

I also wanna see Matt Groening do whatever is necessary to get John Schwartzwelder to write episodes again.

The Simpons has been on the air for 24 years with 24 seasons, most cartoons only get like 5 seasons at most.

I highly doubt any cartoon will ever pass the Simpons in length

I have a feeling Seth McFarlane is going to do it or die trying
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dam meatbags...and you wonder why i wanna ? all humans
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanna see the simpsons go to some ridiculous number of seasons so that it will forever be remembered as the longest running cartoon sitcom.

I also wanna see Matt Groening do whatever is necessary to get John Schwartzwelder to write episodes again.

The Simpons has been on the air for 24 years with 24 seasons, most cartoons only get like 5 seasons at most.

How many seasons has south park been running?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many seasons has south park been running?

South Park (Matt Stone and Trey Parker) been on 16 seasons.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Futurama has some of the best writing on television.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simpsons need to have one last season where Conan and all the GOAT writers each write one episode and the finale is just a montage of goat Simpsons moments. Then they can do a movie every few years or some ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its for the best, it was getting dull like the simpsons. it had a long good run though.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dog episode still make me cry manly tears b
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? the GOAT robot
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without a doubt. The science jokes they had were GOAT.
    "The Luck of the Fryrish" (3ACV04)

In the horse race, the judges' decide the winner by measuring the cameras on a quantum level, and the Professor claims that they "changed the outcome by measuring it". This is a reference to Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, published in 1927, which states that a quantum level object is changed whenever measured, due to the photons of light falling upon it and reacting with it.
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167

Without a doubt. The science jokes they had were GOAT.
    "The Luck of the Fryrish" (3ACV04)

In the horse race, the judges' decide the winner by measuring the cameras on a quantum level, and the Professor claims that they "changed the outcome by measuring it". This is a reference to Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, published in 1927, which states that a quantum level object is changed whenever measured, due to the photons of light falling upon it and reacting with it.
    Yes! I *hated* quantum but that ? is true!!!!

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they got everything out of Futurama they could. Bringing it back on CC took it to new heights, but that wasn't going to last more than three years.