nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    I've been sayin this ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    I'm not saying ? will get tired of them individually. What I'm saying is that "new energy" that G-Unit, Dipset, State Property, Odd Future, and Slaughterhouse all had eventually wears off. Then, only the strongest survive barring unforseen circumstances.
  • nj2089
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Budden is one of my fav rapper but Kdot >Budden
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    I ? with Slaughterhouse heavy, but this a no brainer to me..

You take BH's individual projects and compare them to Slaughterhouse group and individual projects and BH wins easily..
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    If this is a battle either on crowd or on wax then Black Hippy would stand NO CHANCE

but if we're talking who could put the better album together after hearing that last one that slaughterhouse did (which they were supposed to have been able to take their time on) I don't see how you can go with Slaughterhouse, it was TERRIBLE and this is coming from a huge fan of all of them individually

having said that I'm still gonna go with Slaughterhouse
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    i just ignore Budden's existence and it makes this vote easy
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse loses by default for having wack buttons in their group.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe budden>>>>>>the rest from both groups
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Sad thing is as far as talent is concerned they're probably equal. As far as the product they put out together the two aren't even close. Black Hippy is just as good solo as they are together, SH is MUCH better solo. This is fire though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LYkwOWMvc
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    Absoul is dope . hope u jokin @mryounggun

Joking about what?
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Not een close
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    I'm on the fence, I ? with slaughterhouse heavy as I do BH and I check any new ? the drop as individuals.

I see alot of cats talking bout SH been rappity ass rappers n tryna out do each other on tracks...how many times when you get a selection of dudes together do you all try n call who had the hottest verse!? I know this don't necessarily mean they are better, but I like hearing new SH in the hope that they do this on each song. How better to make a good song, a lyrical one anyway, then have 1 cat drop a verse that's like fire, n then next dude is like damn I gotta come correct now, and so on.

As said it don't mean they make a better collective, but BH can defiantly make a song that gets your head noddin n foot tappin.

I like the fact both these groups are doing it like they are.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    joe budden>>>>>>the rest from both groups

I knew you'd be in here after that guy said something about joey lol
  • nj2089
    Options
    Black Hippy
    slaughterhouse last album was there attempt of tryin to make songs and they failed miserably
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your still denying budden as an elite mc your a lost cause. My vote is for SH my phone acting ? and won't let me vote the right way. Budden and Royce filled the void in hiphop in my eyes
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undecided
    nj2089 wrote: »
    slaughterhouse last album was there attempt of tryin to make songs and they failed miserably

I think they just made the mistake of following Eminiems format too much. If they got with the right producers REAL PRODUCERS not no ? Eminiem they would be ok. They seem like they always getting beats that dont fit they flow. They next ? need to have DJ Premiers fingerprints and have the album listened to by Dre. Slim didnt know what the ? he was doing, he had em tryna come out wit Whiteboy songs
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    Slaughterhouse will appeal to a slightly older demographic (28 and up) that arent on internet boards as much as the Black Hippy fanbase. So Black Hippy will have more votes regardless. It comes down to personal taste also.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    I can't stand ? who rap about how good they are at rappin the whole ? time...
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    I can't stand ? who rap about how good they are at rappin the whole ? time...
    Braggadocio rhymes are the heart of hip hop. Sorry. It's the only thing that's guaranteed to remain the same regardless of what decade it is.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy
    BH makes better music
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    This is basically old school vs new school.
    Slaughterhouse are 4 lyrical rappers that can actually write songs and Black Hippy are changing the game in Hip Hop...Trying to do away with all this Trap/Stripper/? ass Guerra-influenced music....

I'm old school so I'm going with Slaughterhouse, but I think Black Hippy is dope!!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse
    Jay Rock been around for years and no one's cared. Now thanks to Kendrick, he's part of a conglomerate? llls

Ab Soul is gar---i'll just say he's overrated. I said this in that Joe Budden thread.

Again, I'll post the two, on a song together. ? is not even fair:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LvBjJthlE

"They sleepin on me like a colony of bed bugs." ? ...yourself.
  • InGodWeTrust
    InGodWeTrust Members Posts: 139
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Black Hippy easily

The problem with Slaughterhouse is every song sounds like a freestyle and mainly has the same content about how they are the best, how good they are, how they all that. And they have major weakness like diversity in content, hook writting, good beat selection, entertainment value.

Anyone can rap majority of the time about how good they are using punchlines 9if you really are good why not prove it by writting songs with good subject matter that is diverse, write good hooks, cover topics people may be able to relate to. If you wanna entertain why not also try make a few good club songs that people can be entertained by

If every song you gonna sound like you freestyling using punchlines bout how good you are over very bland beats of course people gonna get bored because that is so easy to do and and not enjoyable to hear
  • nj2089
    Options
    Black Hippy
    Black Hippy easily

The problem with Slaughterhouse is every song sounds like a freestyle and mainly has the same content about how they are the best, how good they are, how they all that. And they have major weakness like diversity in content, hook writting, good beat selection, entertainment value.

Anyone can rap majority of the time about how good they are using punchlines 9if you really are good why not prove it by writting songs with good subject matter that is diverse, write good hooks, cover topics people may be able to relate to. If you wanna entertain why not also try make a few good club songs that people can be entertained by

If every song you gonna sound like you freestyling using punchlines bout how good you are over very bland beats of course people gonna get bored because that is so easy to do and and not enjoyable to hear
    Not every song